It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals table bills to legalize pot, clamp down on impaired driving

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: CranialSponge

Look into cbd heavy strains, the high is very low compared to your high thc strains plus the benefits are great.

I actually saw commercial CBD pills being sold at a gas station in Tampa recently. Shocked the heck outta me...but not enough to tempt me to cross the border with them!

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Most likely the crap oil version that doesn't have the benefits of the real stuff.

That would suck to get pinched for that bunk.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Look into cbd heavy strains, the high is very low compared to your high thc strains plus the benefits are great.

Yup, once it becomes legal next year I might go shop around for some seed strains that are higher in cbd and lower in thc, and hopefully something that doesn't grow over 7 feet high too ?

We have a 7 foot high fence all around our property to keep out the brown bears roaming through town in the spring and fall seasons every year.... And I don't want to let any of the neighbours see that we've got a plant or two growing, it'll be too much temptation for the teenagers around town to take up the new hobby of garden raiding in the middle of the night.

Harmless hemp might be a fun thing to grow in the garden too for processing into various hemp products such as cloth, twine, body oils for soap making, etc etc.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

The height of it is not as bad as the smell.

We have to grow our in a secured area, so a green house with a lock on it is what we might do.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

Yup, once it becomes legal next year I might go shop around for some seed strains that are higher in cbd and lower in thc, and hopefully something that doesn't grow over 7 feet high too ?

We have a 7 foot high fence all around our property to keep out the brown bears roaming through town in the spring and fall seasons every year.... And I don't want to let any of the neighbours see that we've got a plant or two growing, it'll be too much temptation for the teenagers around town to take up the new hobby of garden raiding in the middle of the night.

Harmless hemp might be a fun thing to grow in the garden too for processing into various hemp products such as cloth, twine, body oils for soap making, etc etc.

If you're Canadian, you might want to grow that stuff indoors.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Words
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You are asking for a pipe dream. The government, any government, will tax legal products. You can't get away from them and they are a necessary part of life to make your government function. Regulations are also important. Who wants to be buying pot that could have been sprayed with harmful chemicals? I know I don't want that.

I don't know but where I live its not much of a pipe dream. As of a month ago, I could by any flowers and edibles, hash, shatter, pre-rolled etc. As of this month, the health authority has banned the selling of edibles, so now only flowers and their derivatives are available. As it gets more and more regulated, less and less is available, and what is available gets more and more expensive.

It can only get as expensive as the underground market, because then people will shift to that instead of paying the higher prices.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

That's kind of funny they would write the law as 30 grams dried or fresh. 300 grams fresh flowers (wet, freshly harvested) dries to about 30 grams. I just wish these lawmakers would realize that 90% of the weight of a freshly harvested flower is WATER weight. If they want to make laws, then they should at least understand the scientific dynamics of that one item. Otherwise, I'm 100% in support of the legislation for Canadians.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
These kinds of bills are being pushed even at the state level among liberals and conservatives here in the US.

I think the whole of North America needs to take a stand on this. I applaud Canadians for taking a different approach. Maybe this will influence many of our own legislators to finally take a serious look at legalization.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Okay so I just read all 137 pages.

I'm impressed to be honest.

There is one thing as well that I've very happy about.

A provision which makes Cannabis propaganda ILLEGAL.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: InFriNiTee

I'm betting that the 30 gram rule is for buying from a dispensary.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

It's also for just possession on the street or vehicle etc.

There's really no need to carry any more than an ounce with you unless you're trafficking anyway.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I'm finally going to be able to make use of Rick Simpson's how-to videos that I've had saved on my computer for several years.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

I'm finally going to be able to make use of Rick Simpson's how-to videos that I've had saved on my computer for several years.

Yeah I know Rick personally. I was part of his early team that helped get Phoenix Tears to cancer patients in need.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Agreed, a dugout is more then enough for when your out of the house.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I don't know for sure if they've done the studies on it, but I believe there are other terpenes (cannabinoid oils) in the CBD branches of the cannabis plant that are unique to the cannabis plant-versus the CBD extracted from hemp. The CBD from hemp can stop seizures and lower inflammation, but what I'm saying is that I believe that cannabis has other 'oids that hemp does not produce-that may be more powerful in these regards.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

After all these years, the poor guy is finally going to be able to vindicate himself and prove to the world that what he's been claiming all along is actually true.

A day for celebration indeed.

link   
a reply to: InFriNiTee

You are correct. Flowering and non flowering types create different 'OIDS" so to speak.

The one thing I've been missing from this whole thing is how this will legalise industrial hemp production, making way for a WHOLE NEW set of industries in Canada.

~Tenth

link   

Pretty sure he's still hiding in south America though.
edit on 4/13/2017 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

“I am here to expose you to the most medicinal plant know to man, hemp. Medical miracles are a common occurrence when using oil (cannabis oil) derived from this specific medicinal plant.” – Rick Simpson hemp oil quote.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
It's also for just possession on the street or vehicle etc.
There's really no need to carry any more than an ounce with you unless you're trafficking anyway.

Well, you never walk around with your whole stash anyway, right?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join