It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida police officer charged in shooting of autistic man's caretaker

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Where the feck do you live????? WV? LA? Your posts, although hilarious are also extremely sad and WTF. Hard to believe. But I do believe you, just hard to conceive that crap actually happens.

People need to protest and loudly about this, make it front page news. I frankly never heard about this case. He should have been charged ages ago, period!

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: blueyedevilwoman

Are you asserting that nowhere in the US at County level policing that corruption and nepotism does not exist with local sheriffs?

Im asserting exactly what I said:

"Our police and deputies are some of the highest trained in the world."

Really?

Yes, really.

Bahaha!!

I was equally entertained by your "whim of a sheriff" remark.

Sorry, I'll take the word of my US mates, not an anonymous member of an internet forum.

Ok, same difference, whatever.

"Highest trained in the world" again, bahahaha!

Highest trained in the world.

And one of the few that are still trusted with firearms.

I love all these people from other countries that have never even held a firearm, yet know so much.
edit on 03 23 2017 by blueyedevilwoman because: w4e

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Then why did a Burlington PD officer LAUGH OUT LOUD when I mentioned that he had probably been trained to handle a particular (very common, don't remember now) type of situation. HA!

I believe his exact words were "Training, yeah, right!" Very inspiring!
edit on 4/13/2017 by WAstateMosin because: add info

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: WAstateMosin

Then why did a Burlington PD officer LAUGH OUT LOUD when I mentioned that he had probably been trained to handle a particular (very common, don't remember now) type of situation

Probably because another armchair quarterback civilian was giving him grief about his training........again.

"Very common but dont remember"

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Why would you assume I've never fired a weapon?
Absolutely irrelevant to our discussion but I have many times, SA80 being my favourite.
Just shotguns these days, but again irrelevant.

You have a zip code lottery of police in the US, from excellent professionals to corrupt and poorly trained local deputies.
Have you never left your county or something? Lol

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
a reply to: Bedlam

People need to protest and loudly about this, make it front page news. I frankly never heard about this case. He should have been charged ages ago, period!

Why protest?
He is going to face charges.

How long is "ages"?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Ages, like beauty, in the eye of the poster. The day or two after the shooting, no longer than a week. He may now face charges but likely no fitting punishment for his incompetence. The fact it took this long to bring charges shows due diligence isn't being done in this case.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
Because it would then give the federal government control over yet another military-style, armed enforcement group. We don't live in a federal police state, no matter how many people use hyperbole and describe it as such, and we certainly don't want that to be the case.

Handing over regulatory authority to the federal government over municipal, county, and state law enforcement would bring about a LOT of negatives, not the least of which another reminder that a one-size-fits-all solution in a multi-cultural nation of 320-Million people never works out well.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Why would you assume I've never fired a weapon?
Absolutely irrelevant to our discussion but I have many times, SA80 being my favourite.
Just shotguns these days, but again irrelevant.

You have a zip code lottery of police in the US, from excellent professionals to corrupt and poorly trained local deputies.
Have you never left your county or something? Lol

Funny I was going to ask you the same thing.

Corruption in L.E. is not a US thing only.

Or can you not admit that?

Cops are people too.

Now Mexico......they take corruption to a whole new level.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
While it sucks it took this long...

I am happy that charges were filed... the prosecutor probably knew he/she had to bring charges because it was such an utterly incompetent move, and at the same time knew they had to get every single bit of it right or the prosecuting attorneys career was toast.

Hence the 1 year for justice to begin its work.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Better late than never, I guess.

This is a good sign, though apparently an isolated case in which a criminal cop is charged.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The Police Union chief in Miami was fired so far. Aledda is still doing the rounds back and forth, his trial was scheduled for October 9, but the hurricane season may have pushed it back. Right now I cannot determine what is going on actively.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join