It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more ‘superbugs’ -- Maple syrup extract enhances antibiotic action

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Phenolic compounds found in the coloring...much like cranberry, blueberry, elderberry etc...
edit on 12-4-2017 by BlueJacket because: Blah

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: TinySickTears

Modern medicine in many ways is a joke.

Pharmaceutical companies push there synthesized trash for extreme prices while the FDA and many doctors don't use natural remedies when it can be applied.

---This---

I would love for the information in this article to be true. An all natural cure for part of what ails us .... but ....

Why should we believe the medical community? Why should we trust the AMA or the doctors? Have they spoken out about the harmful affects of the absolute crap the conglomerates try to pass off as food? Do these established communities tell us the dangers of taco bell or pizza hut? Do they spell out the dangers of MSG or HFCS?

I don't see them condemning this poison. What I do see is them gleefully treating the symptoms and making a boatload of money off of the sheeple. Where is the Hippocratic Oath in this business? Either they are very very stupid or corrupt. Which one makes sense?

So let me get this straight. I can buy a large 5 topping pizza for $9 from CorruptYourHealth-pizza palace where it would take me at least $15 to make this same pizza at home from semi real ingredients. Then this pizza palace has all kinds of overhead that it also needs to cover. How do they make a profit at those prices? Do they sell in volume to make up for the per transaction loss? Hey, pull the other lever.

I wonder if people started to eat healthy and got rid of the frankenfoods, would 90% of the diseases simply disappear?

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: TinySickTears

Modern medicine in many ways is a joke.

Pharmaceutical companies push there synthesized trash for extreme prices while the FDA and many doctors don't use natural remedies when it can be applied.

---This---

I would love for the information in this article to be true. An all natural cure for part of what ails us .... but ....

Why should we believe the medical community? Why should we trust the AMA or the doctors? Have they spoken out about the harmful affects of the absolute crap the conglomerates try to pass off as food? Do these established communities tell us the dangers of taco bell or pizza hut? Do they spell out the dangers of MSG or HFCS?

I don't see them condemning this poison. What I do see is them gleefully treating the symptoms and making a boatload of money off of the sheeple. Where is the Hippocratic Oath in this business? Either they are very very stupid or corrupt. Which one makes sense?

So let me get this straight. I can buy a large 5 topping pizza for $9 from CorruptYourHealth-pizza palace where it would take me at least $15 to make this same pizza at home from semi real ingredients. Then this pizza palace has all kinds of overhead that it also needs to cover. How do they make a profit at those prices? Do they sell in volume to make up for the per transaction loss? Hey, pull the other lever.

I wonder if people started to eat healthy and got rid of the frankenfoods, would 90% of the diseases simply disappear?

Quoted for truth.

We are going to have to soon update the United State's cancer percentages from 1-2 males and 1-3 females to 50% of the population.

Yet medical "science" sees no correlation between consumption and illness. Worse yet, they treat cancer as a disease. It simply isn't... it is a symptom. Good thing they've had all this time and money to come up with a cure. Oh wait...

Anyone that is a fan of medical science deserves the chemo coming their way. Social Darwinism, in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Interesting, there is a lot of old knowledge out there that has been discarded..I know honey has some simular properties.
I'm big on coloidal silver too.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Saw it too. Amazing if scalable... like graphene. Mass quantities is what's needed.

Material science is on the brink of changing our world... if we last that long.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
and brilacidin is about to start its final phase 2b trials. So far, it's sailed through every test. Should make it into phase 3 this year. Cellceutix is revving up production lines.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Um, the Government and Health departments do not tell you those Pizzas are safe, they actually tell you the opposite and the dangers of eating that kind of food.

MSG? Tons of Vegetables have naturally high levels of MSG in them, so do fruit and fish have flavour enhancers in them, your body produces quite a large amount of them (Kind of need to, or you'd be dead...never born) - I keep 2 Bags of MSG in my cupboard, 1/4 of a teaspoon is enough for a large dish of cooking and meat - There is no actual proof at all it is unhealthy.

If I think an alternative medicine could work for me I will actually try it, even without medical scientific proof, however for an abscess or infection in my mount or tooth etc, I will get that damn antibiotic and high strength painkiller to treat it with like a meth junkie wanting his next fix.

I have had a bone infection and when I feel after blacking out and broke my hip, that pain did not even compare to what it's like to have an abscess in my gum/tooth line.

Yeah the Pharmaceutical companies do it for money, they don't deny that, but their stuff works, and if the alternatives worked so well people would be taking them immediately the moment they saw them working better then what they get from there pharmacists.

Either way, it's up to the individual to pick and make there own choices, if they want to take that pill, that root bark, eat that pizza, heat up a process meal in a microwave, get little needles put into there skin everywhere or chant with crystals - they can do what they think works for them.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Yes.

And it would solve the insurance crisis, healthy people would perform better having an impact on the economy. So on and so forth. It's fun to dream.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
So thats why them Canadians are some damn healthy....
Who knew the answer was Syrup!!!

Oh yeah.....
And free health care.
edit on 13/4/2017 by Brian4real because: Grammer

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

My wife and I make maple sugar and reduce sap using the Shawneee mehod of freezing, discarding the ice then re freezing...repeat til consistency you want all the way to sugar...we boil too but tge native way is much more intersting and tastes different...also requires wide shallow vessels...native people would use bark.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

Very interesting! Maple syrup extract helps antibiotics be more effective, without creating a resistance. I can't wait for the clinical trials to begin, so then we'll know more.

I just hope people are not going to start gorging on maple syrup, as it does not work so when ingested. If the trials work, the extract will probably be taken as a pill like regular antibiotics.

Great post!

Anti-parasitic properties also....anyone can tap a tree and gather the sap....have a sip or two and wha la....you have your medicine on a baseline level.You just need the tree and maple isnt the only one with medicinal properties Birch and others also have medicinal properties.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

Anti-parasitic properties also....anyone can tap a tree and gather the sap....have a sip or two and wha la....you have your medicine on a baseline level.You just need the tree and maple isnt the only one with medicinal properties Birch and others also have medicinal properties.

Ingesting it doesn't work the same: scientists are extracting the phenolic compounds from the syrup, purifying them and making them into tablets. Drinking maply syrup is not the same as you are ingesting mostly sugar and water, and a very low concentration of phenoles (really small).

Watch Professor Tufenkji explaination here (11:00 minutes for what I wrote above):

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Really impressed by the different methods of delivery they've developed for brilacidin: enema for ulcerative colitis, oral rinse for mucositis...hell you could probably put it in toothpaste so you don't get cavities from all the maple syrup you're eating

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Tajlakz

I actually think they cite that in one of the patent claims.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

When my daughter was little, she had "rages". A naturopath prescribed 1 oz of lemon water and maple syrup every other hour for 2 weeks. It worked. Anytime she got unreasonably angry, we did the 2 week cycle. It was a miracle.

In my quest for health, I found "switchel" which is apple cider vinegar (with the mother bacteria), mixed with maple syrup and a little grated ginger. I sip diluted switchel daily and my gut/mood have gotten even better than before.

Maple syrup carries nutrients into the blood stream in a different way than other sugars.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: GreyScale

Sadly, true. When I was found to have c*ncer and got my stomach out. I asked the doc "what do I do so I never get this again?" His response? "Change your paradigm."

He then apologised and said my health problems would still be there and removing the stomach would not help them.

10 years later, I did change my paradigm and I am healthier than ever.

But it is NOT an end-game disease. It is a symptom that the body has issues.

<< 1   >>

join