It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian nuclear-capable bombers fly near Japan, US officials say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Russian nuclear-capable bombers fly near Japan, US officials say

Before anyone here posts this freaking out, no this is not a big deal. These kinds of things happen routinely. Also, just because it is nuclear-capable doesn't mean it is carrying nuclear weapons. Many aircraft are "nuclear-capable" but you don't see anyone freaking out every time we launch an F-18 off an aircraft carrier during an exercise or training flight. Trying to head off the extra hysteria that's been gripping here the last week or so.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

You have to be careful with that word "Nuclear"...

Here in 'Murica, a lot of people think a "nuclear family" is a family that possesses nuclear weppins.

...I won't stand for my neighbors having nukes when I don't have nukes...They say...

That's sarcasm, kinda'.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

At least this time they said "capable". Heh. One flight they said "armed".

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The USA does the same thing. I think it sort of a warning both sides use to show they are a little irked by the actions of others. The warning should not be ignored though, we do not want an escalation of things.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
They are throwing nuclear around a lot nowadays. Even the Senate went nuclear.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Lol, a jet liner is 'nuclear capable'. Imagine if they had them aboard in their luggage on 911...

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yea but the US is always the good guy and never perceived as a threat.

Wow that's hard to say with a straight face.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TamtammyMacx
They are throwing nuclear around a lot nowadays. Even the Senate went nuclear.

The only thing missing is monthly air raid siren tests.

They've discontinued that pretty much, unless you live in Tornado, Tsunami, or large chemical factory zones, you don't hear the doomsday sirens anymore.

Besides they have the internet to scare everyone with, daily. The sound of doomsday I grew up with:

edit on 12-4-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

No, the US uses unarmed converted aircraft, not bombers. That's why they aren't perceived as a threat.

Just another routine day at the office. Russia uses these flights to train on long range navigation and in flight refueling. The media waits until they have nothing better to do and freaks out about something that is routine.
edit on 4/12/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Or tomahawks.

While I'm sure you're right about the bombers aspect, when our navy goes rolling around the world I don't think everyone feels warm and fuzzy.

top topics

join