It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A START to Geo-engineering practical studies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
www.seeker.com...

A team of Harvard researchers is preparing a first-of-its-kind field experiment in the hotly-debated area of solar geoengineering, the controversial idea to combat climate change by pumping aerosols into the sky to reflect the sun’s rays back into space. The study will be the first to actually shoot tiny amounts of material into the stratosphere to study solar geoengineering — although researchers caution they will start with water vapor and won’t exceed volumes over 1 kilogram of any substance.

Now this sure does seem a bit silly, why in the world would they need to try to learn about this if they have been doing it for decades? Wait, I have an idea, .....perhaps they weren't doing it all that time and the solid, undisputed science that explains contrails and clouds is still valid.

My personal opinion is this needs to be watched, and we need to be informed about every aspect of this to ensure we don't have a runaway screw up.
I am not at all interested in manipulating nature. I think the current climate change is something that would have happened with, or without us, so trying to mitigate it will not solve a problem, it will invent a new one. (IMHO)

But this should serve as a good indicator that those lines in the sky are still just contrails and they haven't started to geo-engineer the planet quite yet.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

S&F - now just sit back and wait for the cultists screaming " chemikillz " to arrive

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

So if their method will use water vapor, why don't they simply study contrails that are freely available, actually an on-going "experiment?" 'Course, there have been concepts put forth about what damage typical contrails do to our environment.

Also, there are lots of clouds (of water vapor) that can be studied. I usually have lots of them visible from my yard alone!

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

they are doing this well above were normal contrails are at. This is an artificial layer of ice crystals.

Keutsch and his colleagues plan to send a balloon equipped with sensors and propellers 20 kilometers above Earth from a launch site near Tucson, AZ.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

hi - experiment one will be water vapour - as they know that it SHOULD do , other substances will be later experiments

yes - clouds and artifical clouds - have been studdied extensivly [ remember the data from post 9/11 ? with no commercial // private airtraffic over the USA for 3 days ? ]

that studded artifical clouds [ contrails ] at 08 ~ 10km - now they want one at 20km

with a benchmark of what water does at that altitude - the properties of other chemicals at 20km can then be assessed

hope that makes sense

ETA : clarification of context before the idiots accuse me of " admiting " geo-engineering
edit on 12-4-2017 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Now this sure does seem a bit silly, why in the world would they need to try to learn about this if they have been doing it for decades?

Now that is the million dollar question that they won't be able to answer, but they will try.

It will be they are doing this just to hide the fact its been happening for decades...trust me that has already come up with me and a discussion about this. I truly get amazed at how some peoples minds are so made up they refuse to see what is really happening. Or in the case of geoengineering...what isn't happening.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Also, there are lots of clouds (of water vapor) that can be studied. I usually have lots of them visible from my yard alone!

Well from what I have been hearing those clouds you see aren't real because supposedly the big bad government is creating them to hide things...depending on who you ask.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Seems like such activities would play Hell with earth-based astronomy. Maybe, incidentally, shield our footprint of electronic emissions?

Wouldn't ice crystals sublimate at that altitude in short order like snow on a sunny day? How would they lift water to that height or create ice crystals above the atmosphere? I know questions for the scientists, but I'm wondering....

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Wow. So Seeker.com says this experiment is the first of its kind and thats all the info you need to confirm that this is the "START" of geo-engineering? It would certainly take more than an article from a questionable website to convince me the ionosphere hasn't been tampered with. Of course, that's just IMHO.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Tuomptonite

Wow. So Seeker.com says this experiment is the first of its kind and thats all the info you need to confirm that this is the "START" of geo-engineering?

Well will this help since it verifies what the seeker article said...

geoengineering.environment.harvard.edu...

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
They have been injecting massive amounts since the late 40s"

www.youtube.com...

Testing of Soil samples and water samples in the middle of the forest indicates very high levels of pure aluminium which does not occur in it's pure form naturally, there is a 90% insect die off due to high levels of aluminum, and the aquatic life is also crashing due to a number of factors including solar radiation management.

Furthermore, heavy metal atmospheric injection could be a leading factor in the cause of Autism in children and neurological degenerative diseases in the elderly.
edit on 12-4-2017 by deloprator20000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: deloprator20000

Aluminum is the most abundant metal in the earth's crust. It makes up about 7% of the mass (essentially the weight) of the earths crust.

www.spectrumanalytic.com...

Just how would you know that anything found at ground level didn't come from a terrestrial source? Pollution, acid rain, heavy metal contamination, all have been big issues in the recent past, and all had to do with ground based sources. It's cool to speculate and all, but making a definitive statement on something as ambiguous as this sure does seem reckless. Kind of destroys credibility rather quickly.

ETA: and Dane Wiggington has something to SELL you, so buying into his crap is a sad silly thing to do. If he had a regular job and didn't fund his lavish lifestyle by duping non thinkers, it might be different, but sadly, that's exactly what his deal is.
edit on 12-4-2017 by network dude because: Source for you tube video is junk and needed to be addressed.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tuomptonite
Wow. So Seeker.com says this experiment is the first of its kind and thats all the info you need to confirm that this is the "START" of geo-engineering? It would certainly take more than an article from a questionable website to convince me the ionosphere hasn't been tampered with. Of course, that's just IMHO.

well, there is that, along with studying this topic for the last 10 years. (sorry, I usually pay attention to the factual science end of this, and steer away form the fantasy "chemtrail" angle, what with being a realist an all.)

but as you see, Tsurfer2000h provided a better source right from the horses mouth.

top topics

join