It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria war: G7 fails to agree sanctions on Russia after 'chemical attack'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Syria war: G7 fails to agree sanctions on Russia after 'chemical attack'

G7 nations have failed to agree on a proposal by Britain for sanctions against Russia in the wake of a deadly chemical attack they say was carried out by Moscow's ally, Syria. Italy's foreign minister said the group did not want to back Russia into a corner and preferred dialogue. US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has moved on from the G7 meeting in Italy and has arrived in Moscow for talks. He insisted Syria's president could not play a part in the country's future. The G7 meeting in the Italian city of Lucca followed last week's chemical attack on the rebel-held Syrian town of Khan Sheikhoun that left 89 people dead. The Turkish health ministry on Tuesday confirmed that the nerve agent, sarin, had been used. Syria denied the attack but the US then carried out a retaliatory strike, firing 59 cruise missiles at a Syrian airbase.

Seems like there's some cool heads prevailing at the moment surrounding all this new found mess in Syria, I really don't see why placing more sanctions on Russia and Syria is going to help anything. Russia are not to blame, they are just sticking up for a nation they consider an ally and as for Syria there has yet to be an investigation which likely won't happen thanks to Trumps premature strike in response to the attack.

What has me more concerned however is what Putin has said

"We have information from various sources that such provocations - I cannot call them otherwise - are being prepared in other regions of Syria, including in the southern outskirts of Damascus, where they are again planning to throw some kind of substance and accuse Syrian official authorities of using it."

Those who want Assad gone from Syria and a power vacuum to appear like in Iraq and Libya which caused the rise of ISIS now know that the likes of US under Trump and his allies in the form of UK, France, Germany etc are happy to strike first and ask questions later or never thanks to the last attack on Syria. We don't even know if the original chemical attack was Assad or other factions, yet people are instantly blaming Assad for what is a suicidal move if he is responsible.

This does not bode well considering Russia has promised it will have Syria's back and retaliate if anything like the strike we saw occurs

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

I think the goal is to keep bombing syria, then when the migrants all move to germany the U.S. will start bombing germany for being a radical islamic state. Then they shoosh em all over to sweden. Boom, bombs everywhere cuz islamic threat. And so on and so forth....

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I wish they would have investigated the incident instead of using possibly improperly interpreted circumstantial evidence to come to a conclusion like the US did. Syria may still be guilty but I see no evidence that their bomb contained Sarin gas. There were people out at the site they say the bombing occurred the next day, they should be dead, but they are not.

There are a lot of ways to fake this incident, The sarin gas could have been administered by an oxygen inhaler by someone treating them who was Al Qaeda.

I am glad the G7 actually voted sanctions down.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I agree, there should have been an investigation before anything happened, I'm actually surprised Trump's reaction was to bomb after his rhetoric about WMD's in Iraq with no evidence, smacks a little bit hypocritical really

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I wish they would have investigated the incident instead of using possibly improperly interpreted circumstantial evidence to come to a conclusion like the US did.

I agree. The fact that we're even debating this shows just how incompetent these people are. Even Bush & Cheney were smart enough to first launch massive UN & IAEA investigations about the supposed WMD's in Iraq.

new topics

top topics

join