It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia and Iran warn US they will 'respond with force' if red lines crossed in Syria again

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

The poor people of Syria are just pawns in the game of these sinister wicked forces: US, Turkey, Israel, NATO, Saudi, ISIS, Al Qaeda, and the Gulf States.

Of course Assad and Russia aren't saints or perfect but here they only ones with a clear intent to fight Al Qaeda and ISIS.

The other parties just want to sacrifice the Syrian people for their own geo-political war on Syria.

They have done what amounts to a genocide on the Syrian peopel

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Unfortunately Trump lifted the weapons ban Obama put on Saudi Arabia because of Yemen so we can guess whose side he is on,

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I also understand your perspective, mate.

I'm no Al Assad fan, and I'm hoping once victorious he will, or Russia will persuade him to step down.
But even that doesn't seem to be what the people want, or they wouldn't be fighting for him against outsiders.

www.quora.com...

This has some good breakdowns and links.

It's much like ATS, but seems a little more civil than here has been lately lol.

I'm in agreement that the Chemical weapons may have originally been Assads, although border crossing from Turkey by rebels with arms has been a regular occurance and Erdogan doesn't seem to give two sh*ts about that as long as the Kurds don't make up ground.

It's a flustervcuck, that's for certain.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Where are all of the people admitting they were wrong about Russia/Trump collusion?

I don't think anyone has changed their minds on that. including the fbi and the intelligence agencies.

Interesting tweet from the donald in 2012 -

Now that Obama’s poll numbers are in tailspin – watch for him to launch a strike in Libya or Iran. He is desperate.

trump is double desperate - declining poll numbers AND Russian collusion. lol

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Because that's a Western MIC mantra.

Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch etal. (Many others) can also explain the "terrible, terrible person"

Not the majority feeling in Syria.

Most want to believe he is a "defender of minorities" ---yet civil war fell, obviously not the "Majority" (also refer to the afore mentioned response for starters)

mg

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Exactly, Will.

I called it a genocide attempt against the Syrians 2 years ago.
Sadly I'm being vindicated.

They're trapped between countless people who wish to see their ancient genes rubbed from the Earth.

Can you believe Netanyahu had the front to call it disgusting to target women and children with chemicals after what he did with White Phospherous in Palestine.

These are the demented thugs Assad is up against.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Who TF is afraid of Iran? # Iran. They better be nice before we make them the 51st state.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

Civil war is between countrymen.

This is an invasion by Saudis, Iraqis and Jordanians.

Firstly.

Secondly, AI is not reliable at all.
They pick and choose their battles.

Most of the narrative of Syria in the West by those groups comes from the Syrian Observatory group...
ie one man based in London making "phone calls to Syria"...

It's all bollocks.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

That only emboldened Assad when he saw Obama was a spineless weasel.

Yeah.He continued, on and on, with those gas attacks.

Oh, wait.

Exactly where did I say he continued with "gas" attacks?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
So..

How long should a POTUS wait while innocent children and families are murdered by a dictator using chemical weapons?

I mean, you can't have your cake and eat it to. If Obama was being a pussy for not putting their feet to the fire, and Trump is being ' a dictator' for doing it, you have to stop pretending your interests are in the war's resolution.

Your interest is purely partisan and is manufactured by the media sources you consume.

Syria uses chemical weapons. The US bombs the operation. That seems like an appropriate response. They probably could have done a better job mind you.

But if there's one thing Trump should not be scared of, it's Iran and Putin making empty threats. Obama's diplomacy was weak at best. Let's not repeat that same error.

~Tenth

None of our business and has no benefit to a single American citizen.

I don't understand how after Iraq and Libya why anyone would want more U.S. military intervention - the results speak for themselves.

Many people were against Obama's legacy of the drone program and consistent warfare. This - is no different.

Go to Syria yourself if you're that concerned. We Americans have enough problem at home to worry about those abroad - not to mention the relentless campaign aimed at Assad for the past five+ years.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Where are all of the people admitting they were wrong about Russia/Trump collusion?

Ya, the silence is deafening.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The debt ceiling deadline came and went on March 15, I think it was.

Now they have a good reason to decide on raising it since we had better prepare for the worst case scenario and hope for the best.

Mo Money for those who don't need any more regardless, and more debt to repay for the rest of us.

There's your plan man.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Were you in favor of military action against Assad? The vast majority of Congress were not.
Neither was Trump, I seem to recall.

edit on 4/9/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Idreamofme

no just the 200 people on top who run the world. take out 200 people, peace for the next 5 months or so. then take out the top 200 again if they start war. keep doing that until the fokks on top realize war is not the answer.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: PRSpinster

Who TF is afraid of Iran? # Iran. They better be nice before we make them the 51st state.

Obama was afraid of Iran. He kowtowed to them for eight years. He even payed billions to free some captives, then turn around and tell us he doesn't pay ransom. Trump won't play Caspar Milquetoast to Iran like Obama did.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Were you in favor of military action against Assad? The vast majority of Congress were not.
Neither was Trump, I seem to recall.

Again, then Obama should have kept his mouth shut instead of issuing hollow red lines which he knew he couldn't follow up on.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Go to Syria yourself if you're that concerned. We Americans have enough problem at home to worry about those abroad - not to mention the relentless campaign aimed at Assad for the past five+ years.

Because America contributes to the problem. That drone program you mention, the selling of arms to terrorist organisations etc.

America is responsible for a lot of problems in the middle east, because of the last 40 years of diplomacy.

You don't get to commit to things just when they are easy and then turn tail and run when your actions have caused much more harm than good.

Isolationism and nationalism only work if your country has a history of staying out of people's business. Not if you're the primary cause of problems over several decades.

~Tenth
edit on 4/9/2017 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Ya, the silence is deafening.

I mean, it's not black and white.

To say that "oh they attacked Syria so that proves that Trump or his campaign wasn't in collusion with Russia" is just intellectually lazy and dishonest.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Again, then Obama should have kept his mouth shut instead of issuing hollow red lines which he knew he couldn't follow up on.
Yeah. Trump should keep his mouth shut on a lot of stuff too.

But you said this:

it only emboldened Assad when he saw Obama was a spineless weasel.
How was Assad "emboldened?" Has Assad been cowed by Trump's action?

edit on 4/9/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Civil war is between countrymen.

The FSA was formed of deserters, and various local rebel groups

Assad was in retreat. and AQ saw the first opportunities at at this near point.

Russia, Iran and Hezbollah began their defense because he was losing to the rebels.

Then a few years a ago: Here comes other countries.

It's all bollocks.

Agreed.

mg

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join