It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia and Iran warn US they will 'respond with force' if red lines crossed in Syria again

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme
a reply to: UnBreakable

USA needs to just kill them all.

(2 opposite opinions in 2 different threads)

You are starting to sound like John McCain now.

Arab spring....

Kill them all....

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

We came, we saw, he died. Hahahaha

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Why would they do that.
On the other hand, why wouldn't they protect their country against the US taking it?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
So..

How long should a POTUS wait while innocent children and families are murdered by a dictator using chemical weapons?

At least as long as their is any evidence found and presented for that dictator being the mastermind of that attack?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Ive seen combat footage of Hezbullah in urban operations they would give any western unit a run for their money but I digress the Russian influence in Iraq has been growing and they are on quite friendly terms I wouldn't guarantee their support for airbases and marshalling areas and Turkey is schizophrenic conquering Syria could be quite tricky.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Page, no country like Syria can ever take a superpower technology like the US, that is from the strategic point, but is easier to see how factions and terrorist groups have no problem doing just that when the vacuum is there for them to move in as in now Afghanistan and Iraq.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

There is plenty, from past instances of them using chemical weapons etc. And besides, even if there was clear concrete evidence, we are so partisan these days, half of us would call it the truth and the other half would call it 'FAKE NEWS'.

Assad is a dictator, a terrible, terrible human being and if he were to die in a fire, that would be best for everybody really.

If the USA didn't want to be involved, they should probably stop shipping weapons to various groups within Syria to continue waging the proxy war they have going with Iran and Putin.

'waiting for evidence' in 2017 is basically saying, I'm just gonna pick the facts that suit my current agenda and move forward.

I may disagree with 99.99999999% of what Trump does, but I sure as hell won't fault him for taking action, where it needed to be taken. My only concern is that the place is still operable after the strike.

~Tenth
edit on 4/9/2017 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
we are being hammered on every side by everyone who has an agenda.
what is the truth? who knows what the truth is. i wonder if the people at the top even know.
the web of lies and deceit are so tightly wound around our brains its a miracle we can think at all.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

The purpose was not to destroy but to send a message, like experts said, the runaway can be repair over night even if the US had destroyed them, is very easy to do.

I can only imagine the certain bombs US have that could have created a crater big enough to bury the entire base, but that was not the purpose of the strike.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

The purpose was not to destroy but to send a message, like experts said, the runaway can be repair over night even if the US had destroyed them, is very easy to do.

I can only imagine the certain bombs US have that could have created a crater big enough to bury the entire base, but that was not the purpose of the strike.

It should have been.

I'm not usually one to support military action, but enough is enough. Syria's current civil war is a HUGE roadblock in the way of eradicating ISIS. Showing these despots that we won't accept their collusion anymore at all is what's needed.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: crazyewok

but hell what a bonus it became at the expenses of the tax payers.

Jobs for the military industrial complex. War = money.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I got the feeling that is not over yet, I expect much more in coming weeks.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

They did benefited greatly, that is for sure, but now they are running dry, the ones that lost the most were the oil barons that thought the oil fields were a done deal, but it backfire for them.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I like you Tenth, and agree with you 99% of the time...

But where did you get this from?

Assad is a dictator, a terrible, terrible human being...

Because that's a Western MIC mantra.

Not the majority feeling in Syria.
And by the way, Assad is from a minority Shia sect in Syria, which is why Hezbollah have come in fulll force against the "rebels"...

Honestly, without Assad and Hezbollah, the Alawites would be genocided.

That didn't happen to the majority Sunni's before the conflict broke out, because Assad treated all sects fairly...

Now there is holy war because of Al Nusra & ISIS who decided to eat peoples still beating hearts after causing havoc at the original protests.

Now, Assad not being elected, and coming from a dynastic ruling family, I can see the tendency to suggest he is a dictator, much like Kim.

But much like Saddam, he kept the wolves at the door...

Topple him and you'll have a much worse situation than Iraq.

I use my Muslim knowledge on this, as well as my humanitarian.

Sorry for the diatribe.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Actually I can see Iraqis and Iranians fighting together in the future if the USA invades the place...stranger things have happened

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

It's not a civil war, it's a proxy war being fought by evil heart eating "rebels" and Russian & Syrian armed forces and a Western coalition backed by Saudi Arabia & Israel.

This is a war against Shiites by Zionist Wahhabists using Sunnis.

There is no civil war. That's a Western mandated narrative.

The people of Syria want Al Assad.

Outsider rebels not even from Syria want to make it part of their Wahhabi Caliphate.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Where are all of the people admitting they were wrong about Russia/Trump collusion?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

No sorry required, my friend. I know where you're coming from, I appreciate your knowledge on the situation, and that might be the somewhat overall feeling in Syria.

BUT:

But much like Saddam, he kept the wolves at the door...

Topple him and you'll have a much worse situation than Iraq.

I don't think we can use this anymore as a means to keep us for intervention in areas that are actually necessary. Iraq was not in need to US intervention, we made up a reason to go there and do what we did.

I think that's why the power vacuum was created and the chips fell where they did. Something here needs to change.

We know that Russia isn't interested in stopping any of this. If rebels got a hold of chemical weapons, it's because Syria had them to begin with.

I dunno, I'm just really torn on all this. I usually never support military operations, but we are very close to getting progress in that sect of the world and at this point, we can't afford to have Assad holding those reigns.

Although, If you could link me to a few sources for me to read, I'd love a change of perspective.

~Tenth
edit on 4/9/2017 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

What does Trump giving Assad a kneejerk tap have anything to do with Russia meddling in the election? What does it have to do with the investigation of collusion on the part of members of Trump's campaign?

Except, of course, that it's not in the news because of that tap?

edit on 4/9/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

Actually I can see Iraqis and Iranians fighting together in the future if the USA invades the place...stranger things have happened

Iraqis and Iranians are already fighting together against ISIS.

The only ones not are Saudi Arabia, and Jordan only got involved when their pilot was murdered.

This is a genocide attempt.

Thankfully Sunni tribes, Sunni Kurdishmen, & Shia sects like Hezbollah have come to the rescue to stop this attack on the Alawites, Yazidis and others.

This is all for a Caliphate. An unrecognised one at that.
With Baghdadi as Caliph and Erdogan as Sultan, and the House of Saud keeps their piece of the Oil pie.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join