It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia and Iran warn US they will 'respond with force' if red lines crossed in Syria again

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Looks like Syria got their big brothers to protect them from Trump firing anymore missiles. Then again, I wouldn't want to test that red line, unlike Obama's empty threats when his red lines were crossed many times by Syria.

What America waged in an aggression on Syria is a crossing of red lines. From now on we will respond with force to any aggressor or any breach of red lines from whoever it is and America knows our ability to respond well,” the group’s joint command centre said.

www.independent.co.uk... 1.html
edit on 4jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Seems reasonable to me.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Link doesn't work
a reply to: UnBreakable

Here is one: Link

Among other things said in the link. "Russian President Vladimir Putin and Iran's Hassan Rouhani said in a phone call that aggressive U.S. actions against Syria were not permissible and violated international law, the Kremlin said on Sunday."
edit on 9-4-2017 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
it appears to be fake news since it draws its information from an unreliable 'news' source.

+4 more 
link   
And people were wetting their pants because if Hillary got into office she would get us into another war. Who would have thought the guy screaming bigger military would look for ways to get America into another war? And shame on Obama for not attacking and invading yet another nation that did nothing to America.

link   

USA needs to just kill them all.

(2 opposite opinions in 2 different threads)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

The BBC is just as bad with the anti-Russian routine and Australian media isnt far behind I think we are not headed to a pleasant conclusion.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

The Russians have been 'responding' since they began operating in country at the request of the Syrian gubment. The intruder here is the United States and the "Coalition".

This is a battle of attrition folks, waged by two superpowers and their proxies, only pretending to be a civil war or revolution for 'humanitarian' reasons.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
US needs to put the name Assad in a nice big missile and then deploy it to where the rat is hidden in Syria, one missile just for him.

BAM***************

No casualties.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The Independent appears to be owned by former KGB officer and present day Russian Oligarch Alexander Lebedev. Worrisome news.

Link

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

one missile just for him.

Then what?

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
And shame on Obama for not attacking and invading yet another nation that did nothing to America.

Then Obama should have kept his mouth shut instead of issuing numerous threats to Syria about gassing their own people, then doing nothing about it. That only emboldened Assad when he saw Obama was a spineless weasel.

+8 more 
link   

originally posted by: Phage

one missile just for him.

Then what?

USA! USA! USA!

Freedom, democracy and liberty will rain down on Syria with sun shine and rainbows just like Iraq......

link   
a reply to: Phage

You can take over and Rule Syria.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

That only emboldened Assad when he saw Obama was a spineless weasel.

Yeah.He continued, on and on, with those gas attacks.

Oh, wait.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
So..

How long should a POTUS wait while innocent children and families are murdered by a dictator using chemical weapons?

I mean, you can't have your cake and eat it to. If Obama was being a pussy for not putting their feet to the fire, and Trump is being ' a dictator' for doing it, you have to stop pretending your interests are in the war's resolution.

Your interest is purely partisan and is manufactured by the media sources you consume.

Syria uses chemical weapons. The US bombs the operation. That seems like an appropriate response. They probably could have done a better job mind you.

But if there's one thing Trump should not be scared of, it's Iran and Putin making empty threats. Obama's diplomacy was weak at best. Let's not repeat that same error.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

You could do that without killing Assad first. If that's your plan.

Or do you think that the Syrian military would just roll over on their back?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Your forgot Afghanistan too, you know that was the first target for liberation, not Iraq, Iraq was supposed to be the bonus, but hell what a bonus it became at the expenses of the tax payers.

link   
The US actually needs to secure Syria and work with Russia to rid the country of these Daesh ass holes, Syria was working just fine before the war by proxy, I know enough people from there and people that have travelled there.. All have good things to say of the country pre war, of course people and orgs with their own agenda and will say otherwise..

I simply cannot see how ousting Assad is a good thing, it will just turn into another failed state with a power struggle led by psychopaths all hell bent on their own agenda who get funded by other psychopaths that will use them for their own gain. I bet before the war, Syria to many people was barley known about yet a mercenary army has invaded, killed hundreds of thousands, raped women and children, has a modern day slave trade and also allowed "moderate rebels" a foot hold. Yet we say the democratic leader of this nation is to be ousted, the picture to me just looks totally f#cked up....

Doing this stuff does not work, Iraq, Libya, Afgan, currently Syria then who will be the next????..

RA

edit on 9-4-2017 by slider1982 because: sp

edit on 9-4-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Phage

I can see their military now, getting into boats and trying to cross the sea to invade US.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join