It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus view on homosexuality and civil law

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

If you name a specific "sin" and telling them they're wrong for it, that's judging.

I would facepalm that quote too .. especially since you already admitted you WOULD name a specific sin and tell them it's wrong to do it, depending on the sin. Hypocrisy.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

You seem stuck on my quote, thinking it means that I would not condemn people hurting others.
No idea why you do this but oh well. Carry on.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85
a reply to: Raggedyman

I'm not all that sure about your claim that Jesus taught nothing but love and to be honest and this is coming from a child of proper religious people who live their lives by the very word of the bible, there is a lot said in the bible about gay people including things like "Man shall not lie with Man as he would a woman" etc. So for those who believe Jesus is God and the bible is apparently the word of God it sort of isn't correct although I may be wrong.

We love, we don't judge we simply do not engage in behaviors we know are contrary to god's will we leave the judging to the Judge.

Matthew 22:36-40New International Version (NIV)

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Matthew 7:1-6New International Version (NIV)

Judging Others
7 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

You seem stuck on my quote, thinking it means that I would not condemn people hurting others.
No idea why you do this but oh well. Carry on.

You can condemn the behavior but as far as the person you don't know their heart, what led them to where they are and if they may change. Discussion here.
bible.org...

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Only if it hurts others. Otherwise we should not judge others according to Jesus. Something that OccamsRazor doesn't understand.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

is it same with dont ever make mistakes?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Milking Homos to respect your pathetic fake religion.

What about civil Muslims? You Fake Christians seems to HATE them quite a lot.

Put that LOVE crap in your pocket.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
It really is a shame that more "christians" aren't all that christ-like.

Well why would they be.. they are not GOD.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Logarock

The point is talking about divorce, marriage and homosexuality, is it not? As I have stated few times the Pharisees tried to trick Jesus, thinking that they were going to stump him and Jesus was being clever.

If Jesus wanted to talk about marriage and homosexuality, he would have done so already to his disciples.

A marriage, is a marriage, is a marriage.

Jesus gave the definition.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No he did not. He simply quoted the OT verses. Pharisees asked trick questions, hoping to stump him.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Why does it even matter what Jesus said? It's time that mankind evolves to the next level and aboilshes all religions. Religion is a plague and nothing more. I hate people who pretend to be religious but ignore the bad and disgusting stuff that is written in their holy books. Like the lie that everybody tells about how peaceful the Islam is. Well they always forget to mention that rape and pedophilia is not listed as a crime in their book on the contrary it's even encouraged.

The same goes for Christianity. Hey let's ignore the holy crusades and the inquisition. We just wanted to convert every single human being on the planet to our faith if you didn't comply then of with you to the reeducation torture chambers. Yeah religion is so peaceful and kind. Every religion on our planet tried to convert as many people as possible through any means necessary. Religious prosecution killed more people then all the world wars combined.

Islam and Christianity both stated that homosexuality is a sin. I had religion in my school and all they talked about was that homosexuality is a sin. Granted the narrative changed over the years but it's still a fact. Even as a kid i understodd that this was complete and utter bs. Love is love so why should i care about their genders. The weird thing was that this got all turned upside down in my history class when it came to Hitler and his hate for homosexuals. They told us the exact opposite of the religious zealots. I'm so glad that my parents weren't interested in any religion and they taught me that you don't need no stinking book to learn to behave like a decent human being. I got my own code now and i'm perfectly fine with it.

If some idiot tries to convince me to convert to Islam i tell them to f#ck off same goes for everyone that praises their religion as the right one. If you want to practice your make believe bs okay fine with me but as soon you try to convert someone who isn't interested you crossed a line. I endured pain you wouldn't believe and i have the scars to prove it. Physically and emotionally. So who are you to tell me that your god gives a rats ass about any living human being. I saw the army of heaven or hell I'm not perfectly sure what side i was on but that didn't changed anything for me. I will never follow a god that just stands idly by during famines,wars,human-trafficking and every horrible deed humans still get away with and does nothing to prevent it. I'm not perfect or innocent not by a long shot but all the suffering on this world is not because of some invisible entity in the sky. If you have the desire to kill a human being for being gay then go ahead do it but please quit using religion as an excuse and be aware of the fact that if you try this bs in my line of sight you're next to meet your maker. I have no problem killing evil people and you are responsible for your own actions and blaming god or the devil doesn't fly with me. Common sense alone should tell those people that throwing gays from rooftops is wrong but people still ignore that fact because a F#CKING book told them it's okay to do that. A f#cking book!

Who in their right mind would follow holy books that were written by humans in the first place. There is no proof that the bs we were presented is even the real story. I'm still suspicious of the fact that nobody is allowed to read the original bible that is kept hidden under lock and key in the Vatican. Who knows how many passages were changed to fit a certain narrative. We all rely on translations but who decides what is the truth and what is a lie. It seems nobody is questioning the authenticity of all the religious books and scriptures because some idiot was randomly chosen to be gods messenger. Yeah seems perfectly logical. No wait it doesn't.

Yes i hate religion and the scumbags who turned it into a scam to make money and use that as an excuse why the world is still a #ty place. Just keep praying and don't forget to donate to help the poor people who have nothing but don't you dare question why rellgious scumbags like the Pope live in their own Fortress and drown in money. F#ck god and the devil. I fear nothing at all and certainly not the wrath of god or whatever. It's all bs anyways.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: wheresthebody
It really is a shame that more "christians" aren't all that christ-like.

Yep. Ghandi said the same thing.

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
― Mahatma Gandhi

Ghandi. Another weak leader using wishful thinking to appease the hidden masters.

They wonder why they never affect REAL change..

Because they are ORDERED too.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

No he did not. He simply quoted the OT verses. Pharisees asked trick questions, hoping to stump him.

So you are saying that Jesus lied?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Logarock

This isnt true. I cant understand where these ideas come from. Even an objective neutral observer can see that Jesus taught a lot of judgment and made comments that did not support a moral relativism.

No thats the OT law. the NT is what christians are to go by. This is why Christians get in so much trouble because they think the OT covenant applies to them when it does not.

They get into trouble because NEITHER covenant applies to them.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Then go live your life.

This is a discussion started by one Christian to others. You jumped into this thread.

If you really didn't care and wanted to "evolve" as you put it, then you have a secular society to do it in. In case you haven't noticed, secular society has rewritten this definition we are arguing over, but also, our secular society was designed to give us the freedom to order ourselves as we choose.

If you want to get gay married, have at.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

No idea how you interpret my post that way.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Logarock

This isnt true. I cant understand where these ideas come from. Even an objective neutral observer can see that Jesus taught a lot of judgment and made comments that did not support a moral relativism.

No thats the OT law. the NT is what christians are to go by. This is why Christians get in so much trouble because they think the OT covenant applies to them when it does not.

They get into trouble because NEITHER covenant applies to them.

Except in cases like this where Jesus himself used OT law which was spoken by God. Had God wanted this changed, Jesus would have changed it. That he didn't, even in the face of the notoriously gay friendly Roman Empire, should tell you that this is how God means it to be.

Now, if you want to be secular, have a ball and go your own way. That's your decision.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

It is only reasonable that a creator or God will love its creations without judgments, but we most remember that if you try to give it humans to do the interpretations they are going to use the bias that society and religious believes has inculcated on them.

The hate doesn't come from God or a creator it comes from humans themselves.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

No idea how you interpret my post that way.

That Jesus used a definition of marriage that He never meant to actually BE the definition of marriage just to avoid trouble with the Pharisees.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I can quote Bible verses and use Christians' definitions and not agree with them in discussions and debates. I am not a Christian myself. Been one for 35+ though.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join