It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Believe in Reincarnation, You Are Actually...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
For those that believe Hebrews 9:27 has anything to do with reincarnation... read the whole chapter...

It does not refute reincarnation in any way, shape, or form... nor does it show that reincarnation does not exist

It has nothing to do with reincarnation...

so that argument is moot

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

How about the multitude of verses in the OP? The entire context of the Bible resolves to living again past death. The last enemy to defeat is the very reason Resurrection and rebirth are topics. Of all Bible topics, this matter is central. The verses I list leave little doubt.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Another verse is the parable of Lazarus and the rich man. They were both reincarnated. They were both in the same place being able to see Lazarus. It fits with other teachings about blessed are the poor etc. Now the rich man was reborn into a place where he could make the choices Lazarus had in his life.
Another is Jesus saying John was Elijah. John saying he wasn't only means what we already know. We can't remember past lives. Jesus also didn't correct their obvious belief in reincarnation when they asked who had sinned whether the parents or son that was born blind.
That scripture in Hebrews wasn't true for Lazarus or anyone else raised from the dead that had to die a second time. Clearly it can't mean that then.
Reincarnation Awakening Ressurection. All the same thing. Did you really think bones were actually going to reformulate into bodies?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JerryMH

Yes. There is a view of the 10 dimensions divided into three sections called Ganas. The Sanskrit words to look up are Triloka, Sattva, Rajas and Tamas. Tamas is the lower realm of ignorance (Space / Form / Material). Rajas is time, or passion. Sattva is the space of knowing, or where Lazarus would have been. Christ lifted up is rising back to the realm above the 9 dimensions, back into the Absolute.

See this thread on the topic: Mind, Time Space - All One Thing

All my other threads outline various aspects of the same.

All Posts

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DayAfterTomorrow

First of all, I don't see reincarnation in the handful of verses that you scotch-taped together. But lets just pretend its there. What would be the point? The bible clearly discusses resurrection, which is an eternal state of being, so wouldn't that defeat the purpose of reincarnation??? Or would each of your past lives receive resurrection as well???

Oh, well that's just sad. The OP's fake azz account got shut down....again....lets see if he can reincarnate himself for another round.
edit on 11-4-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: added smart remark.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

In WWF wrestling they also rotate the losing wrestler plenty of times to keep up the entertainment level and star-status of the wrestlers that are being promoted and marketed for the fans. It gets boring when the big stars and idols keep on beating the same bozo. The big WWF stars and idols won't wrestle at the Olympics, they'll give that a wide berth.

You can let this thread die comfortably now...

I prefer these:
The God of Hebrews, the God of the Old Testament, page 1
How to recognize the spirit of God., page 5
The Word was with God, and the Word was A god, page 9
The Greatest unanswered Question of all time, What is Truth?, page 2
What is knowledge?, page 3

The 'maybe he can reincarnate' pun was funny though.
edit on 11-4-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Oh, well that's just sad. The OP's fake azz account got shut down....again....lets see if he can reincarnate himself for another round.

It is VERY important to call the ATS trolls like DAT to the carpet.Yes he will be back as will the other ones that are already here but have not fully exposed themselves .They are easy to spot because of their contention.Please do not feed them by debating their religious rhetoric that is what they thrive on.They are not only a blight on ATS and it's motto "deny ignorance" but to to reasonability.

I suggest anyone that cares about the Truth to petition ATS to remove these serial banned members posts that litter ATS with their rhetoric.
edit on 11-4-2017 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

yeah why stop there, go ahead and become a Buddhist or a Hindu who believe in reincarnation that you live a different life as a person, after your first life, second life and onward until you reach godhood (a true and unreachable dream). some digress and become a new life as a bug or cow or lizard. This is why in India and in many Buddhist countries they are vegetarians and don't kill snakes, cows or rats and roaches, for fear it is a relative who was not a good person during this particular reincarnation.

Christians are not reincarnated they are resurrected and their corruptible flesh and mortal flesh puts on Incorruptible and immortality. It is the same body just made up of new holy material. It is a new body in a sense but it is the same body as Christ. He was recognized after his resurrection so shall we after ours, just we will be holy before him in love. The new body is only new in materials not in fashion or Person.

Seems the OP is confusing Resurrection and Reincarnation.

It would really help a great deal if you did not put forward your own interpretation of Hindu and Buddhist beliefs, as they are misleading.

The issue of reincarnation is one of great subtlety and though I have been a practicing Buddhist for 5 years and an interested onlooker for much longer I still dont fully understand it.

However one thing is very clear- when we do not carry our old personality in to a new body. We cannot as our personality is a fusion of our substrate consciousness (prob the equivalent of the Christian Soul as best as I can see) with our current body and its own peculiarities in function. New body=new personality. One Buddhist formulation I have heard is that that what is reincarnated is the mix of our accrued virtues (compassionate action) with our accrued wisdom (wisdom meaning realisation of Sunyata- or emptiness).

The end point of the reincarnation cycle is NOT becoming a god, it is reaching the end of compulsive, conditioned action which is focussed on a narrow view of one's well being. It is becoming a buddha.
Bad karma is accrued by actions designed to hurt others for ones own good.
Good karma is accrued through actions designed to help others and thereby gain from it (status or popularity as a fine or noble person).
Any action that has karmic consequences binds one to further rebirths, and all the aggrevation that entails. Old age, sickness and death are inevitable concomitants of re-birth, no matter how wealthy you are.

Sunyata (emptiness) is a very difficult term to grasp too. However there are many accounts of the Siddhis that advanced meditation masters can achieve, and they are quite similar to the miracles that many of the apostles could accomplish after Christ's death. I am starting to think that realising emptiness means gaining a full experiential knowledge of the quantum nature of the universe (even the laptop I am using now consists mostly of empty space with the material part being tiny pinpricks of mass in the nuclei of the atoms, nuclei and atoms that all exist in a state of quantum entanglement with other atoms elsewhere).

So these stories of telepathy, of being able to pass unimpeded through solid walls, of faith healing, etc may well be completely plausible.

But then-- I think that Christ thought it would be normal for his followers to be able to do this sort of thing as well.

-- but not if you read too much. It is really rather bad for us all- all that sitting and reading, harnessing most of our brain to the task of repeated stereotyped eye movements.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join