It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Financial Life Could Be Ruined If Your Name Is On This Massive Government List

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: scojak

Let me answer your question by posing another - Would you feel safer if there was no list at all and financial institutions could lend to terrorists? I don't think anyone could answer that with a "yes".

The crock is that you feel proactivity that isn't perfect is better than inactivity.

i would feel equally safe without the list.

see i dont believe that banks would be lending to terrorists of that list did not exist.
clearly it is not a very efficient list of non terrorists are on it

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTearsi would feel equally safe without the list.

see i dont believe that banks would be lending to terrorists of that list did not exist.

I don't believe you are qualified to make that assumption so where does that leave us...

clearly it is not a very efficient list of non terrorists are on it

To quote your OP

But he shares a first name (with a different spelling), last name and middle initial with a financier of a Pakistani terror group.

So he is not on the list, his name is just similar to one on the list. And you are daft to make the claim that, "clearly it is not a very efficient list of non terrorists are on it". You have no knowledge of how this list was comprised so you have no business making any such claim.

I mean come on, you haven't made one solid argument about anything yet.
edit on 4/9/2017 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: scojak

im not qualified to believe something?
strange

im pretty sure i am qualified to believe anything i want.
as are you

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

What a muppet. This database (The No Fly List) has been around for how long now? And they've outright prevented how many events?

Last time I checked, none, because no one's tried anything. On the other hand, we have plenty of regular joes making flights a PITA for everybody else.

Enjoy your overpriced facsimile of "freedom".
edit on 4/9/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Tucket

a reply to: Tucket

yeah...no bog deal

who cares about that wire transfer that will be held for a year....just get a name change

The idea is change your name beFORE you do the wire transfer...tonto

i dont think a citizen of this country should have to change their name so they can get a loan.
thats just me though

In a society that doesn't make much sense..I like to think in pragmatic and practical ways...

Forgive me for my lack of sensitivity on the topic..

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

im not qualified to believe something?
strange

im pretty sure i am qualified to believe anything i want.
as are you

Deflection. The only resource for those with no actual argument

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

What a muppet. This database (The No Fly List) has been around for how long now? And they've outright prevented how many events?

Last time I checked, none, because no one's tried anything. On the other hand, we have plenty of regular joes making flights a PITA for everybody else.

Enjoy your overpriced facsimile of "freedom".

Muppet? Please work on your reading comprehension as you seem to lack understanding of the article.

The SDN is essentially a financial no-fly list that cuts people off from U.S. banks

It is like the no-fly list, it is not the actual no-fly list lol.

The efficacy of the actual no-fly list has nothing to do with this list or this thread.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Muhammed Ali Khan tried to do one of the most boring, responsible things an American taxpayer can do: set up a government-guaranteed retirement savings account.

First mistake. Signing up for a government account. That says its guaranteed, but isn't.

Second off private retirement accounts pay better, and give people a far better standard of living that government provides.

As to that guy might be a terrorist. He most likely would be denied to purchase a firearm because he would fail a background check.

So No fly,No buy, No gun. No retirement account.

Sad considering the entire justice system is suppose to be predicated on EVERYONE is innocent until proven guilty in courts of law.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

You have found a kind of "peace" that works for you..but in reality your soul has been crushed and will stay that way.

It is a way of survival..but in no way is it victory.

I help those such as yourselves..but true victory requires the removal of that which CAN crush the soul..that is where the REAL PEACE will be found.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Once I had a bunch of stuff and money and went to work every day to get more. The biggest worry I had was one day coming home and finding it all gone.

When that finally happened it was a giant weight off my shoulders. We are not measured by what we acquire, as you so beautifully said.

I help other people as much as I can and I wont be paid for that, my reward is inside my soul and that's much more valuable than mere money, and gives me pleasure beyond words. And no-one can take those kinds of rewards from me, no matter how much money they have.

Thanks for that reply, very inspirational.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

You have found a kind of "peace" that works for you..but in reality your soul has been crushed and will stay that way.

I help those such as yourselves..but true victory requires the removal of that which CAN crush the soul..that is where the REAL PEACE will be found.

I didn't hear that, at all. The "crushing weight" on the soul is ambition for success and acquired wealth.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Once I had a bunch of stuff and money and went to work every day to get more. The biggest worry I had was one day coming home and finding it all gone.

When that finally happened it was a giant weight off my shoulders. We are not measured by what we acquire, as you so beautifully said.

Yes. It wasn't until after I lost everything that I realised that trying to hang on to possessions was more painful than letting go. The misery was lifted from me and the stress and worry went with it. It felt like being unshackled. I felt free.

People don't understand until they go there. They're still trapped in it.

edit on 9-4-2017 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

My reply to this is the same as intrptr's.

edit to add:
It was when I hit rock bottom that I felt my soul wake up. I am not a religious person and never have been. But after I lost everything I saw the system for the monotonous treadmill that it is and the misery it inflicts on those forced to keep it forever rolling and never get anywhere, I felt something inside me change.

I am not the same person I was before. I have time for people. I don't care how much they have or what they have or haven't got. I love to help anyone without expecting anything in return. Their gratitude and appreciation beams from them and my soul energy feels and enjoys theirs. I made someone happy, and it cost nothing. It makes me feel ten feet tall.

I don't resent anything that's been bad in my life, the rough times, the really dark rock bottom times, none of it. I wouldn't be the changed person I am today without them.

There is more to life than owning stuff. I'm way past all that. Above it. I've moved on.
edit on 9-4-2017 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll

Yes. It wasn't until after I lost everything that I realised that trying to hang on to possessions was more painful than letting go. The misery was lifted from me and the stress and worry went with it. It felt like being unshackled. I felt free.

Some are so embedded in their acquired wealth that when its threatened, it feels like dying.

Thats some powerful conditioning. And you're right, they are so programmed to it, they don't realize how much so until they are faced with losing it.

Some people never have to go there, their assets secure right up until the day they die. They never learn the simplest lesson in life.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

You have to lose yourself to find yourself.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: scojak

The trouble this caused him was relatively minor ― after he got over the shock of seeing a terrorism flag on his credit report, he spent a few hours navigating customer service lines with the Treasury Department and the two credit bureaus. He got his retirement account set up and his credit reports cleared after providing some personal information to show that he was not the man who had financially supported the 2008 Mumbai attacks.

The title of the article need to be changed to, "Your Financial Life Could Be Minorly Inconvenienced If Your Name Is On This Massive Government List". Unfortunately clickbait is king in today's media.

ETA: ALl this talk of name change, yet it would take significantly longer and a great deal more effort to change your name than to just clear up the confusion caused by this list.

SHHHH... I am enjoying all the clickbait that folks use to start threads...
People dont read past the title and a couple of lines. Then "BAM" . A new thread starts
Humorous and backs up the "Wizard's First Rule"

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll

Some are so embedded in their acquired wealth that when its threatened, it feels like dying.

Thats some powerful conditioning. And you're right, they are so programmed to it, they don't realize how much so until they are faced with losing it.

Some people never have to go there, their assets secure right up until the day they die. They never learn the simplest lesson in life.

That's when they'll realise that material wealth is worthless, meaningless, shrouds have no pockets. But their soul's pockets will also be empty too.

I wouldn't swap places with them for anything.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Hah too funny, sometimes old people cant stand leaving it to others , want to keep all that wealth beyond their death. Like King Tut for instance. All told his tomb contained over 7 tons of gold.

My favorite is the old spinsters that leave their millions to their cat.

"To the last I stab at thee".

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

This is a very common problem with lists, and it doesn't just apply to terrorism. Misidentifying people is extremely common on credit reports.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

That is ridiculous.

I share the same initials and spelling as a fellow who used to be chairman of the Essex County Cricket Club, but that means precisely nothing. It should be necessary to confirm a great deal more than whether a persons name sounds like x,y or z in order to have them placed on any list of this kind, leave alone actually be denied access to any service over it.

And just so we are clear, lists like this actually treat a person as guilty of something, until they can prove that they are not. That is the antithesis of law or justice. It cannot be justified in any legitimate sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join