It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Financial Life Could Be Ruined If Your Name Is On This Massive Government List

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Muhammed Ali Khan tried to do one of the most boring, responsible things an American taxpayer can do: set up a government-guaranteed retirement savings account. He was rejected because the Treasury Department thought he might be a terrorist.

He isn’t. He’s a software consultant from Fullerton, California. But he shares a first name (with a different spelling), last name and middle initial with a financier of a Pakistani terror group.
--

They can have their airline ticket purchases rejected or hotel reservations declined. Their bank accounts can be frozen. Loans to buy a home or a car can be declined. Wire transfers can be seized and held for up to a year while the freeze is litigated, which can destroy small businesses, block real estate transactions or delay inheritances.

Your Financial Life Could Be Ruined If Your Name Is On This Massive Government List

this is interesting.

the dude the article talks about seemed to get it ironed out after a couple hours on the phone but that still sucks.

seems like with many things of late innocent people are going to get caught in the shuffle of trying to protect us from terrorism.

all these events make me think of what a cycle we are in and i wonder if we will ever get out of it. it is like a perpetual motion machine that is going to go on forever.
i wish i knew what the solution is but i really dont.

we have walls about to go up(maybe). travel restrictions. apparently financial no fly lists...bombs flying. all in the name of stopping terrorism.

i think all that is being created is a situation that is going to continue for quite some time.

we drop bombs on people because of terrorism.
terrorists attack us because we dropped bombs on them....so we bomb them cause they attacked us. so we get attacked cause we bombed them.

i sure wish i had the answer. i also wish everyone lived by the bill and ted mantra

'be excellent to each other'
nice and simple.

if people just kept an i dont # with you and you dont # with me kind of attitude things just might get better.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Amen!

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

List keepers, Nazis kept lists.

I've never had a credit card, loan, savings, career, equity. They can keep their shell game, laughing at their materialistic struggle cage they want you kept in.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I'm already in a state of perpetual financial ruin, so they can cross my name off the list.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I'd change my name..

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

yeah...no bog deal

who cares about that wire transfer that will be held for a year....just get a name change

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

yeah...no bog deal

who cares about that wire transfer that will be held for a year....just get a name change

The idea is change your name beFORE you do the wire transfer...tonto

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Now imagine what it will be like with a cashless society and government controlled health care. The government doesn't like you, you die.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Sure, get a name change...
Later that day:
The name John Johnson appears on the terroristlist because someone noticed he was a shade darker then hickywhite.

The games we play

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
the article doesn't link a list.
the irony though, is that the same Banks that deny innocent citizens services, are the same ones providing them over seas to real terrorists

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

List keepers, Nazis kept lists.

I've never had a credit card, loan, savings, career, equity. They can keep their shell game, laughing at their materialistic struggle cage they want you kept in.

The best thing that happened to me was to lose everything I possessed.

When I lost my job I lost my home, my car, my lifestyle. At the time it was happening the stress was indescribable and I actually seriously considered suicide. I couldn't see any other way to relieve the crushing stress, and I couldn't envision a life beyond losing everything.

That lowest moment was the actual turning point in my life. I began to feel anger that lives are being made an utter living misery because of money. They took my house and auctioned it off and sold it for £18,000 less than the outstanding mortgage, then sent me a bill for this shortfall. I repay it at £1 each month just to keep them off my case and they'll never get a penny more.

I have never felt so free and happy since I lost everything. I don't work and I don't claim benefits, I live on a small annuity which is paid for life. I wont borrow money ever again, and I wont buy 'stuff' I don't need either. If I don't have stuff, they can't take it from me. Lives are made a misery because of the finance system and people are forced to work for less than chump-change to make other people rich, because if you don't they'll ruin your life and leave you to starve.

In this system your life means nothing, and your body only has value as long as it is able to shovel someone else's sh!t 60 hours a week.

Work. Pay bills. Die.

Well it's not for me. I have nothing of material value. I help other people as much as I can and I wont be paid for that, my reward is inside my soul and that's much more valuable than mere money, and gives me pleasure beyond words. And no-one can take those kinds of rewards from me, no matter how much money they have.

I feel vastly wealthier than the wealthiest person on the planet, because I have what all their money can never buy, a very wealthy and fulfilled soul. It costs nothing to gain, yet all the money in the multiverse can't buy it.

I'm much happier counting my blessings, not money.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket

yeah...no bog deal

The idea is change your name beFORE you do the wire transfer...tonto

i dont think a citizen of this country should have to change their name so they can get a loan.
thats just me though

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

The trouble this caused him was relatively minor ― after he got over the shock of seeing a terrorism flag on his credit report, he spent a few hours navigating customer service lines with the Treasury Department and the two credit bureaus. He got his retirement account set up and his credit reports cleared after providing some personal information to show that he was not the man who had financially supported the 2008 Mumbai attacks.

The title of the article need to be changed to, "Your Financial Life Could Be Minorly Inconvenienced If Your Name Is On This Massive Government List". Unfortunately clickbait is king in today's media.

ETA: ALl this talk of name change, yet it would take significantly longer and a great deal more effort to change your name than to just clear up the confusion caused by this list.
edit on 4/9/2017 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: scojak

The trouble this caused him was relatively minor ― after he got over the shock of seeing a terrorism flag on his credit report, he spent a few hours navigating customer service lines with the Treasury Department and the two credit bureaus. He got his retirement account set up and his credit reports cleared after providing some personal information to show that he was not the man who had financially supported the 2008 Mumbai attacks.

The title of the article need to be changed to, "Your Financial Life Could Be Minorly Inconvenienced If Your Name Is On This Massive Government List". Unfortunately clickbait is king in today's media.

ETA: ALl this talk of name change, yet it would take significantly longer and a great deal more effort to change your name than to just clear up the confusion caused by this list.

i addressed that in my OP.
just cause that one guy was only inconvenienced does not mean it will go that smooth for everyone

so would you be totally cool if you were put on that list and had to be 'inconvenienced'?
curious

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

so would you be totally cool if you were put on that list and had to be 'inconvenienced'?
curious

If that was the price of my freedom and safety... absofrigginlutely
edit on 4/9/2017 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: scojak

Well it is good to know there are more than just no-fly lists. My female friend who has an Arabic last name got stuck in an airport and almost missed her flight because the airport thought she was a terrorist. The only way she made her flight was to snatch her boarding pass from the desk when no one was looking.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

If that was the price of my freedom and safety... absofrigginloutely

is it the price though?
you feel like this list is making you free and safe?

i guess thats how 'they' want people to feel.

people will give # up as long as it is for freedom and safety...

what a crock

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: scojak

Well it is good to know there are more than just no-fly lists. My female friend who has an Arabic last name got stuck in an airport and almost missed her flight because the airport thought she was a terrorist. The only way she made her flight was to snatch her boarding pass from the desk when no one was looking.

totally what a terrorist would do

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

If that was the price of my freedom and safety... absofrigginloutely

is it the price though?
you feel like this list is making you free and safe?

i guess thats how 'they' want people to feel.

people will give # up as long as it is for freedom and safety...

what a crock

Let me answer your question by posing another - Would you feel safer if there was no list at all and financial institutions could lend to terrorists? I don't think anyone could answer that with a "yes".

The crock is that you feel proactivity that isn't perfect is better than inactivity.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
If it was WWII, and your name was Adolf J. Hitler, and you wanted that name, I imagine that you'd be under some scrutiny.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join