It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Pardon me, or not

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

I will take people for a walk and they are paranoid about "bugs" falling from the trees, or they can't sit on the ground when we need a rest.
On longer walks they ask for a "rest room".
The very environment that supports us has become "alien"

I can't go on long walks anymore because of my back problems and neuropathy, but you wouldn't want to go for a long walk with me anyway. I'd be the one who would freak if a bug fell on me or crawled on me, unless it was an interesting or cute bug. I wouldn't want to pee or poop in the woods without toilet paper and wouldn't appreciate having my butt exposed while mosquitos are in attack mode and ticks are crawling around. With my luck, I'd be squatting in poison ivy or oak or something.

Still, I love nature and the beauty and mystery of it. Animals and the land should be revered, but I'm just a city girl who appreciates comfort, safety and convenience.

We could always go on short walks and share a meal, coffee or a stronger drink and tell tales though.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Still, I love nature and the beauty and mystery of it. Animals and the land should be revered,We could always go on short walks and share a meal, coffee or a stronger drink and tell tales though.

That attitude is wonderful and should be encouraged. It helps to preserve our world. Thank you.
My concern was directed towards the attitude that we are compelled to conform the natural environment to our requirements.
Picnics and sharing tales are a start and lovely to do.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Well this is kind of a smug rant, if you don't mind my pointing it out. The point of tailoring the environment around you to benefit you in one manner or another is nothing new. Kind of how we became what we are now as it is.

People need time to adapt, be it city folk going rural, or rural folks going city. They're still going to tailor their environment to suit them either way, we're not naked in the jungle smacking 2 rocks together anymore.

<< 1   >>

join