It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Navy strike group to move toward Korean peninsula

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Source for the Fake News.

twitter.com...

There is no invasion of Syria. I despise the morons who shared this bs.

edit on 8-4-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Agreed, deep state international media owning oligarchist bankers

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

originally posted by: odzeandennz
i love how the US goes to other countries because of "THEIR worrisome behaviors.."
i cant wait until there is a level playing field where the victors arent writing history.
no one is holding us accountable for any of our actions abroad.

When the "worrisome behavior" is threatening the US with nuke attack, over and over, then.... yeah. It's time to do something.

And if a 12 yo walked up to you and told you he was secretly a ninja and was going to kill you in your sleep, would you preemptively beat him within an inch of his life? You believe NK has the ability to do this why?

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

When did Trump ever say we would not have a war? I think you are confusing him with the liberals.
Trump is not going to cause a war unnecessarily. But he is not going to be weak.

Trump complained that our military was weak. He said that the world sees the US as weak, under a weak president (Obama). He was clear that he wanted to invest in our military. A strong country is safer, because we will not be seen as an easy target. He made that very clear.

I think that perhaps you were not paying attention.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

He can't do it without the will and funding of Congress. But they have abdicated responsibility so they can't get blame. The checks and balances set by the Constitution have been slowly eroded. Conform comrade.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

I think you need to catch up a bit on the advances of NK weaponry and the real threat.

Last Updated: February, 2017

The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) has an active nuclear weapons program and tested nuclear explosive devices in 2006, 2009, 2013, and twice in 2016. The DPRK is also capable of enriching uranium and producing weapons-grade plutonium. North Korea deploys short- and medium-range ballistic missiles and successfully launched long-range rockets in 2012 and 2016. North Korea is also believed to possess biological and chemical weapons programs.

source

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

When did Trump ever say we would not have a war? I think you are confusing him with the liberals.
Trump is not going to cause a war unnecessarily. But he is not going to be weak.

Trump complained that our military was weak. He said that the world sees the US as weak, under a weak president (Obama). He was clear that he wanted to invest in our military. A strong country is safer, because we will not be seen as an easy target. He made that very clear.

Sorry, somehow or other his brilliance and fabulosity keep escaping me.

Good luck to you. And God help us and our beautiful planet and all our posterity.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The amount of fear mongering is just staggering. Did the people react to every single time an dronestrike authorized by Obama hit another country the same way or is this just because it's Trump?

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I was expecting this to happen after Trump meeting with China leader this weekend.

Is just a show of force to make sure that NK leadership understand that the new president is not playing silly games.

Some experts feel that the only reason that Kim Jong is still in power is because he plays big man with littler balls to keep his people thinking that they can take the mighty US

But we all know how that goes. If the littler man is humiliated in front of his own people he will be in a very precarious position within his own.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

originally posted by: odzeandennz
i love how the US goes to other countries because of "THEIR worrisome behaviors.."
i cant wait until there is a level playing field where the victors arent writing history.
no one is holding us accountable for any of our actions abroad.

When the "worrisome behavior" is threatening the US with nuke attack, over and over, then.... yeah. It's time to do something.

And if a 12 yo walked up to you and told you he was secretly a ninja and was going to kill you in your sleep, would you preemptively beat him within an inch of his life? You believe NK has the ability to do this why?

Stupid question, but the 12 year old ninja should be dealt with in the appropiate manner.
I wouldn't fall asleep with him anywhere nearby.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

That's the dangerous part. Will he be humiliated, or will he act?

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Trump said he would have a solid, unbeatable plan to beat ISIS within 30 days. I can guarantee you attacking Syria will assist him in that master plan. He called out Obama on more than one occasion for even thinking about attacking Syria after a much larger attack. But somehow.. this one was different enough to warrant what he did?

It wasn't - and it's obvious he is trying to prove himself. From the immediate ban, to the failed health care replacement, to an attack on Syria without bothering to get the approval of Congress (something he insisted Obama HAD to do). He is surrounded by the people he brought in.. militaristic, ready, fire, aim people. What did you expect? He is going to have the U.S. embroiled in conflict around the globe.

It's also ironic, because people who are praising Trump for "having balls," would have castrated Obama for attacking without the approval of Congress. Hypocrisy at its finest.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
The amount of fear mongering is just staggering. Did the people react to every single time an dronestrike authorized by Obama hit another country the same way or is this just because it's Trump?

No - it's because Trump called out NK saying we'll take action if China will not.. immediately followed by an attack on Syria, something he was -adamant- Obama not do, and not without full approval of Congress, followed by moving a carrier toward NK in reaction to their typical temper tantrum. He has nary been in office 2 months, and we have all this unfolding. Makes you wonder what he can accomplish in 3 years!

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Remember that the reason Kim Jong enjoy China some what protection is because China doesn't want NK to be destabilized to the point of creating a humanitarian crisis and having to absorb some of the people.

Is not way that UK can get into a fight with any superpower as they stand today, US have enough technology and power to flatten any country in the world without getting a single military boot in the country.

Just because US had been kind of on the side when it comes to show of power it doesn't mean we have been weakened at all.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

My brother is there now working with young military men mostly on a missionary basis. I worry for him but never hear any concerns on his part when we talk.
edit on 8-4-2017 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

This thread is about North Korea. There are other threads about Syria

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

I am sure that if something starts to heat up US will make sure that personnel is evacuated. Now if that happens then let us know, because it means something is about to happen.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I expect the unexpected from Trump -he made it clear, more than once during his campaign, that any prior public announcement of military tactics and intentions is simply ludicrous and naive' as it gives the enemy the information they need to counter said intentions.

I'm confident that Trump would have been advised by his security council to give Chinese authorities the heads-up (through secure channels) of any military maneuvers that could be construed as aggressive, that the aim is to send NK a message, maybe more, but that there is no intention to harm Chinese interests.

Trump has also been very consistent about his relationship with China and he understands that such relationships are built on trust and are entered into for the long-term, with an emphasis on respect - the Chinese will forever lay down the proverbial red carpet every time so long as mutual respect and trust is maintained - in business, the Chinese are the most ruthless, but also fair and lawful in their business conduct.

The world is a mess and needs cleaning up, and in this instance no one needs to be harassed by round-boy's mental state and itchy trigger finger, it's about time the NK citizenry experienced an end to oppression & joined the 21st century, where they can help the rest of us fight the aliens when they invade.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

I lived there during the late 70's.

Seoul is a huge city, big buildings and a thriving economy.

The main military base is HUGE. Living on it it it was hard to remember that I was in another country.

Outside the gates, the main street took you to an open air market known at E Tae Won (street of money).

When I was 12 we got to go up and visit the DMZ. It was really interesting to see.

Was hard to believe a state of war existed (and still exists) between the north and the south.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
People apparently think N & S Korea are not at war. The word "armistice" must be lost on them.

ProTip: Google is your friend, folks. There's a reason we have such a heavy presence there & it has to do with the armistice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join