It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Playing with Phosphorous ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Now I know a lot on here support Russia and Mr Assad. But is white phosphorous classed as a chemical weapon ? Well because using it on peoples you earlier in the dirty dirty proceedings in Aleppo, have bussed to an area Idlib after a concerted effort to Bomb the byjesus with planes ( Russian and Syrian ) Cruise type missiles ( Russia remember ) and Syrian, Hezbolla, Iranian and Russian Troops. Also after recent plays they might end up with a bit more and this time the missiles will be aimed to kill maybe ?

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

Or is this Fake ? MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

Yes and no. Used as a smoke screen or marker device, no. Used on people or as an offensive weapon, then it can be.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

There is white phosphorous being used by the coalition in Mosul and Raqqa as well. Its primary purpose is not as a weapon, but I suppose it can be used ineffectively as one.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

There is white phosphorous being used by the coalition in Mosul and Raqqa as well. Its primary purpose is not as a weapon, but I suppose it can be used ineffectively as one.

We called it "willie P" when I was in the Army, and it ignites on contact with oxygen . If any gets on your skin you have to keep it away from oxygen until a Dr. can remove it.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

We called it "willie P" when I was in the Army, and it ignites on contact with oxygen . If any gets on your skin you have to keep it away from oxygen until a Dr. can remove it.

Or chop off the meat its in.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Looks like someone's laying a smokescreen to me.

That's the primary use of white phosphorous.

It's pretty much universally used by every armed force out there.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44
But is white phosphorous classed as a chemical weapon ?

No. It's an incendiary. The term 'chemical weapon' generally is used for:

Nerve agents
Vesicants (blistering agents)
Blood agents (cyanogenic agents)
Choking agents (pulmonary agents)
Riot-control agents (tear gases)
Psychomimetic agents
Toxins

So Sarin would be, but phosphorous is not. I recall some years ago the specious reasoning "phosphorous is a chemical, and it's used as a weapon, so it's a chemical weapon" going about, but the problem is one could say the same of anything, since everything is a chemical. Thus, you could put bullets into the same sequence, or baseball bats, or knives, or a bucket of water.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Its primary purpose is not as a weapon, but I suppose it can be used ineffectively as one.

It works wonders as a distraction agent. There are few contact breakers more effective than a couple of wp grenades stuck to the front of a claymore with 100mph tape. You just have to bunch your pursuers up to get the most out of it.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Looks like someone's laying a smokescreen to me.

Someone always is......

top topics

join