It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada supports strike against Syria’s use of chemical weapons, Trudeau tells Trump

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Canada supports strike against Syria’s use of chemical weapons, Trudeau tells Trump
www.theglobeandmail.com...

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau offered his full support for the American military intervention in Syria during a statement in the House of Commons on Friday, stating Canada was informed of the missile strikes ahead of time by U.S. Defence Secretary Jim Mattis.

Mr. Trudeau added in his first public comments on the matter that he spoke to U.S. President Donald Trump Friday morning. Mr. Trudeau said he informed Mr. Trump that Canada will stand by the Americans in their efforts to eliminate Syria’s ability to deploy chemical weapons...

In his statement about the strike, Mr. Trudeau cautiously says:

“This morning, I spoke with the President directly and emphasized that Canada agrees that [Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s] repeated use of chemical weapons must not continue. In the face of such heinous war crimes, all civilized peoples must speak with one voice. That is why Canada fully supports the United States’ limited, focused actions to degrade the Assad regime’s ability to launch such attacks.”

Donald Trump briefed Justin Trudeau before launching missile strikes on Syria
globalnews.ca...

Trudeau said that prior to the cruise missile strikes taking place, U.S. Defence Secretary Jim Mattis called Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan, who then briefed the prime minister.

“This morning I spoke with the president directly and emphasized that Canada agrees that Assad’s repeated use of chemical weapons must not continue,” Trudeau said during question period.

So it looks like Canada is siding with the President. Meanwhile the rest of Americans are up and arms about the welfare of rebels in Syria. Now I am not a proponent of war, but when a peaceful country like CANADA is on board with the protection of innocent people in the middle east from those who use chemical weapons on its people, and other terrorist activities, something needs to be done.

President Trump said he was going to do something in the middle east long before becoming voted as President. To this day he is keeping his word. I don't believe Russia is going to hop in on the war now that Canada is backing US.

I just hope that whatever is going to happen is going to happen for the greater good and safety of the world.
edit on 7-4-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
He is an arrogant neocon puppet who works for money and vacations. He does not speak for me.

edit on 4/7/2017 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

link   
Its funny how is dad was quick to give murika the middle finger, even if pierre was a piece of #, too bad is son is the justin bieber of politics.

link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Saw this on the news earlier. I was kinda surprised that that my Prime Minister fully supported this without question. Makes me feel a little more at ease.. I think??

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Seems like the 'five eyes' are nearly all in public agreement.
Phew, I feel safer already

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Apparently Trudeau likes to masturbate to the sound of war drums just as much as the rest of the neocons do.

Either that, or he's pulling his pants down around his ankles as his puppet masters have instructed.

No matter which way you look at it, we're all screwed in this nightmare.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Hmmm. I wonder if all the alt-right will bash on Canada (like they normally do) for being liberal Warhawks.

Who am I kidding - of course they won't, they voted for Donald Trump. Flip-flopping is their speciality and then they just call everyone "triggered," when they get called out on it.

"Anti-establishment," lol thanks for you clowns who voted Trump in. Just what we needed, MORE WAR!

MAGA! MORE WAR! MAGA! MORE WAR!

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I just feel that there are a lot of angry Americans who have tunnel vision and always think they are right about what should be done. Those who now see Canada in the spotlight in backing the US strikes really need to open their eyes and think for a second that something needs to be done in the ME before something again happens in the US.

How would you feel if terrorists used chemical warfare in the US, or Canada? This kind of crime is nasty. This is a smart move by Trudeau who sees this as a peace keeping mission, not only to prevent Trump from getting too hot headed, but also to preserve innocent lives in Syria.

Americans should be glad you have Canada's support for Trump's actions. So breath some relief now.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Many other countries support this action.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Most country leaders approved of this retaliation. President Trump is on a serious roll. Even though he's extremely talented with being able to do multiple things at once, I just hope that he will now re-focus on the Domestic Agenda. "America First"

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Why do you always sound so bitter in every thread you reply in? On top of spouting the same rhetoric.. find some new material man..

To be fair, the airstrike is a day old, there are so many possibilities and outcomes and for you to act like you know their intentions or exactly what is going on is just silly.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

www.nytimes.com...

Who really cares?!

Well surely not any of those countries.

Afterall, I didn't see them get in on any of the action.

Don't they care about the children?

Cause if they did, they could have acted of their own.

But,no, they cheer from the sidelines.

I wonder if they know this is all complete BS, and they are just going along with it all, because the roman...errr American empire on on the march again.

Or is it they want in on the oil, once Syria is ruined and they can put in those pipelines.

Hmmmm....

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Trudeau is just another puppet sellout... the media loves to talk about how (handsome and) likeable he is... kind of like they did with Michelle Obama when the was the first lady. I say f*** both of them and every other fake politician who sells out the interests of "their people" for their own personal gain.

Us, the PEOPLE need to clean house and stop sitting idly by while they let the world burn from their Ivory Towers. When is enough enough? Stop listening to the MSM, stop letting the idiot masses get sucked into it. We need to keep waking people up and demanding justice, before it's really too late (if it isn't already)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox

originally posted by: InTheLight

www.nytimes.com...

Who really cares?!

Well surely not any of those countries.

Afterall, I didn't see them get in on any of the action.

Don't they care about the children?

Cause if they did, they could have acted of their own.

But,no, they cheer from the sidelines.

I wonder if they know this is all complete BS, and they are just going along with it all, because the roman...errr American empire on on the march again.

Or is it they want in on the oil, once Syria is ruined and they can put in those pipelines.

Hmmmm....

Alternatively, why didn't Pres. Trump ask them to join him on the strike?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Probably needed more than pea shooters and slingshots?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Why should they have to ask him for anything?

He isn't their president.

And they can act on their own free will.

If they saw what happened as an attack oh his people and the children, or a threat to the world, they should have acted.

But nah.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Oh Canada, welcome aboard the Trump Train!

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Probably needed more than pea shooters and slingshots?

Were Canadian war ships positioned there at the time?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Clearly not or Assad would have been screwed!

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox

Why should they have to ask him for anything?

He isn't their president.

And they can act on their own free will.

If they saw what happened as an attack oh his people and the children, or a threat to the world, they should have acted.

But nah.

It was only a quick warning strike...when the real SHTF don't you worry, everybody will be in the friendly and unfriendly fire.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join