It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Trump considering ousting Priebus, Bannon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Yeah...so....

President Trump is considering ousting both White House chief of staff Reince Priebus and chief strategist Stephen Bannon, Axios reported on Friday.

Aides and advisers to the president told Axios that, while Trump is considering a major shakeup in the West Wing, it's not clear when it would happen or if Trump will "pull that trigger."

"Things are happening, but it's very unclear the president's willing to pull that trigger," one top aide said.

Bannon emerged as one of Trump's closest — and most controversial — aides before the president took office. In the early days of his presidency, Trump elevated Bannon to a position on the National Security Council's (NSC) principals committee, and the former Breitbart executive was said to hold considerable influence with the president.

But Bannon was removed from the NSC earlier this week, seen by many White House staffers as a sign of his fall from grace inside the administration. The reshuffling of the NSC came as Bannon, a self-described "economic nationalist," finds himself locked in a battle with Trump's son-in-law and senior adviser, Jared Kushner, for influence.
Bannon and Priebus represent divergent forces in the Trump administration, with the latter, a former Republican National Committee chairman, serving as the voice of the political establishment in a White House full of political neophytes.

Firing them both would be an enormous upheaval for the young presidency, which has yet to hit its 100-day mark.

thehill.com...

This is happening now.
(Plus, the Russian PM said the airstrikes were within an inch of starting a war with Russia....but that's for a different thread.)

From Axios, the originator of the story that The Hill picked up:

West Wing at war (with itself)

The top aide — along with many other Trump officials, advisers and friends — told us that it seems to be more a question of "when" not "whether" change will come: "The tension, the exhaustion, the raw nerves have gotten much harder to disguise."

Yes indeed. This was simmering along...now it has come to a boil. What a mess.....
if Trump does fire Priebus and Bannon, I will begin to relax a bit more. It's clear that Bannon's agenda is a no-go....he tried, he failed. He has been weighed, and measured, and found wanting.

There aren't many people Trump can just say "you're fired" to now --- predictable that he will take out his frustration by firing the ones he hired.

I'm glad Jared and Ivanka have stepped up. Now the GOP will have no one to blame but itself when midterms come. And come, they will.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
"it's part of Trump's masterful plan, he didn't make a mistake with Bannon"
-Every trumpaholic.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I guess the Hill reporting on it gives it some credibility, but I'm going to take this with a grain of salt until something definitive actually happens.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

report: president trump maybe thinking of doing something somewhere but its very unclear. quite possibly, maybe, sources say something about what trump may be thinking about something but its still very unclear.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So if Trump is clipping people left and right, why would "top aides" be talking to the hill?
edit on 7-4-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
They should go, Trump would be better off. I like Ivanka and Jared so far.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I wonder what would Breitbart say if Trump did oust Bannon?

I gotta admit it will be a slap in the face for many of its audience.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
There is no solid evidence to say why the change. Either way I give credence to an administration that isn't afraid to let someone go who has served their purpose or isn't a right fit. Either way it shows this administration is flexible and able to evolve if needed. Something I never saw under the last few administrations. They have all been bound by identity politics and politically correctness preventing them from taking a stance with a broader scope. Something I see Trump doing all the time.

Yet the left continues to attack him on this.
Like it's taboo to grow and evolve as an individual or something...

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So if Trump is clipping people left and right, why would "top aides" be talking to the hill?

Dunno. That's why I'm not taking it seriously yet. As it stands its just food for thought for me.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

Possible the worst idea suggested so far. I know everyone hates bannon by trump will fail without bannon. This is like watching icarus getting to close to the sun.
Have fun trump getting praised by the people who will ask for your head in a week now without the backing of the alt right your enemies will stab you in the back. They arr playing to trumps ego yes good goy!

edit on 7-4-2017 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2017 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

A realization that Trump is the Neocon everyone refused to admit

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Breitbart has authored an unusual amount of negative Trump pieces the past month. It's no wonder that Bannon's role in the administration would be reduced.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy

originally posted by: darkbake

Possible the worst idea suggested so far. I know everyone hates bannon by trump will fail without bannon. This is like watching icarus getting to close to the sun.

Trump will fail, flail, stumble and flounder until he decides to hire, listen to the advice of, and respect experts in their fields. You can't fill the clown car with clowns and expect anything beside a 3-ring circus.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I don't think Trump has any long-term goals except to make sure he's famous forever. Jared and Ivanka are far better equipped than he is, and it is in the best interest of all of us to have Bannon gone.

As cwm pointed out, Breitbart has been none too suckupish to Trump lately.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

I know everyone hates bannon by trump will fail without bannon.

But, he's already failing -- and that was with Bannon. The man has far too much baggage to be Trump's ideas man. He has proven that his 'suggestions' for strategy were nothing but snipery and spiteful.

Trump will continue to fail unless Ivanka and Jared and other intelligent, level-headed people are there to advise him. Clearly Bannon's suggestions were more than Trump could manage.....

the man does not think through anything. He lives in the moment, and allows Fox and other media outlets to tell him what he thinks. Then he tweets what they tell him to think.

It's preposterous.

edit on 4/7/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

ETA: And you know what? I actually think Trump means well. I think he's just a silly person. He says stuff, and some people like it, so he says it some more. Like a stand-up seriousman. He really doesn't think in future terms at all, I would wager a zippo on that!

edit on 4/7/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Well, Bannon has been confrontational with his coworkers, including Jarred and Ivanka and McMasters, so...

As for Priebus, he was put in the position to assist in construction of a unified Republican front, which didn't manifest itself during the healthcare vote, so...

Trump has said since day one that he needs unity within his administration and he's always been a result guy, refusing to associate himself with "losers," which Priebus *may* be.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

How has he failed?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

How has he failed?

His biggest failure is not being able to unite his own party.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Didn't the rags report that he was going to oust Kelleyanne Conway about two months ago?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Whatever happened to her? Haven't seen her on the tube much.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join