It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Unveils the Keys to Getting Astronauts to Mars and Beyond

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I feel underwhelmed....

www.inverse.com...

Meet the Deep Space Gateway and the Deep Space Transport: two architectures that NASA intends to utilize as in order to send crews out into farther regions of the solar system. During last week’s meeting of the NASA Advisory Council, William Gerstenmaier, the associate administrator for human exploration and operations (HEO) at NASA, outlined what the DSG and DST are supposed to be, and how — combined with the Orion spacecraft and extremely powerful Space Launch System — they’re supposed to give deep spaceflight for astronauts a incredible boost forward in the next several decades.

“It’s not a single program nor a single mission,” Gersetenmaier told the NAC attendees. “It’s an infrastructure we can use…it’s essentially a framework anyone can use.”

That last part is key: what NASA is trying to do with the DSG and DST is not just further its own deep space exploration aims, but also help further the ambitions of its international and private sector partners, like the European Space Agency and SpaceX. NASA isn’t simply creating a system for itself, but for the rest of the world — be they nations, private entities, or some hybrid of those two worlds.

Before it happens, Moore's Law will change the game. With any luck, propulsion will no longer be combustible. I mean, 2050? Thats a long time....i hope there is a plan B that involves potential propulsion that is something other than combustion.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I've been underwhelmed by the state of manned space exploration since for ever. I mean, I was born less than five years after the last Apollo mission, but it seems like another age.

NASA managed to go from a standing start to one giant leap in what, 15 years? Now it takes them that long to file a new stationery order.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I feel underwhelmed....

www.inverse.com...

Meet the Deep Space Gateway and the Deep Space Transport: two architectures that NASA intends to utilize as in order to send crews out into farther regions of the solar system. During last week’s meeting of the NASA Advisory Council, William Gerstenmaier, the associate administrator for human exploration and operations (HEO) at NASA, outlined what the DSG and DST are supposed to be, and how — combined with the Orion spacecraft and extremely powerful Space Launch System — they’re supposed to give deep spaceflight for astronauts a incredible boost forward in the next several decades.

“It’s not a single program nor a single mission,” Gersetenmaier told the NAC attendees. “It’s an infrastructure we can use…it’s essentially a framework anyone can use.”

That last part is key: what NASA is trying to do with the DSG and DST is not just further its own deep space exploration aims, but also help further the ambitions of its international and private sector partners, like the European Space Agency and SpaceX. NASA isn’t simply creating a system for itself, but for the rest of the world — be they nations, private entities, or some hybrid of those two worlds.

Before it happens, Moore's Law will change the game. With any luck, propulsion will no longer be combustible. I mean, 2050? Thats a long time....i hope there is a plan B that involves potential propulsion that is something other than combustion.

Or at a minimum utilizes combustion as only an early stage propellant. Very early stage...

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

What if ,

We could bring Mars to us ?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

Before my children die, its entirely likely humanity will spend more time interacting with virtual worlds more than meatspace.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

"I feel underwhelmed...."

And you have ever reason to be if you have devoted the slightest bit of attention to the manner of flight (actually, manner of motivation) that the UFOs and the triangles use to flit around our skies. This new talk is part of the same old game that gave us the death-trap shuttle for a few decades while they refined their re-engineering of UFO power systems.

Unfortunately, I find that few people even on ATS can accept that UFOs and triangles are using a mass-cancelling drive unit and recognize that they a are a totally new way to transport materials and personnel to points far removed from conventional rocketry. Access to our inner system of the Moon and probably Mars is virtually a given with such devices.

The longer they hide the truth about UFOs, the more they lie to the public and waste trillions of dollars on perpetuating the coverup with half-assed phony programs to maintain the facade. Any so-called advancement you are told about these days is a lie to cover the real program.

It cannot be honestly said that the secrecy is necessary to hide the existence of this new "weapon system" from our supposed enemies. Every foreign intelligence service worthy of its budget knows about the American mystery devices and UFOs. Of course, the truth about the existence UFOs is at the bottom of this situation and has fostered it.

edit on 7-4-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Would it be out of line to request any kind of evidence for this wonderful tech that would solve numerous problems at a stroke?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The sky is the limit.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48

Would it be out of line to request any kind of evidence for this wonderful tech that would solve numerous problems at a stroke?

Not at all for a savvy person that is not tied to the government's views on UFOs (that don't exist). Wake up and read any one of hundreds if not thousands of accounts of triangle sightings over the US. I've written many of times of my sighting with twenty other people back in 1998, and I have offered other info. Tons of info out there all you have to do is avoid what you are told by aspects of government, science and aerospace. Just pay your taxes and believe what you are told. It makes for a less complicated view on the world situation.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: BakedCrusader
The sky is the limit.

Nicely put!
That technology is more important to humanities destiny than was the invention of the wheel.

And Rob48, I can't begin to help you if you can't help yourself.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

No, I literally mean the sky is the limit.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Seeing as some of my family work in the space industry and would have a much easier time if such technology exists, I'm going to go with believing them, I think.

top topics

join