It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of an Era as Russia Begins to Crack Down on Freedom of Religion and Expression

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Well i could fake some outrage but nope. I don't care about religious cults. If they want to worship an invisible entity then just move to another country ffs. Houses of worship of all religions are probably sitting on trillions of dollars but like scumbags they ask us normal folks to donate more to help the unfortunate souls. Am i really the only one who thinks that this is not how this should work at all? How about using all the vaticans money to feed the poor and rebuild the infrastructure of all the war torn countries? Huh? Crickets? That's what i thought. F#ck god and f#ck their mindless and hypocritical worshippers too. I want to believe in god but hey just ignore all the bad and evil stuff that was done in the name of god. Yeah that should work. No it doesn't either you believe in every written word of your holy books or you don't. You can't just cherry pick the best parts because you don't like the rest. It would be pretty ironic if the first Quran was written by a woman in reality. Same goes for Jesus and all the other fairy tale characters. People still change whole meanings of certain passages to fit the new narrative. I'm pretty sure that's blasphemy.

Believing in freaking books that were written by HUMANS is just mental. We pretend to be an intelligent species but at the same time we still choose to believe in talking bushes and child raping scumbags. It's all a scam and the majority of mankind fell for it like idiots. So much money wasted on this bs. We could already be colonizing Mars ffs. Religion is a blight to humanity.

If the afterlife really exists i'm going to dedicate my eternity to kill every single one of the so-called gods even if i have to make a deal with the devil himself. We are already living in hell and i doubt raising the real hell on earth would make that much of a difference.

Sorry for OT but i'm sick of feeling sorry for rellgious zealots. I'm done pretending and being PC.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Good! All religion should be banned.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang
Good! All religion should be banned.

Understandable sentiment.

But the alternative to freedom of religion is much worse. You see, you imagine if you curtail freedom of religion, your other freedoms will increase. But you are wrong.

Jehovah's Witnesses have been teaching for decades that God himself has judged religion and will use the earth's rulers to turn upon her, expose her and destroy her because of the worsening world conditions. Because religion is responsible for all the deaths on earth.

But worldwide atheism is going to be far worse than you could possibly fathom. That is the only other alternative. And it will happen. Very soon.

edit on 6-4-2017 by RobertConrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

aggressive solicitation

Yep. That's what we want. The State deciding what constitutes "aggression".

No wonder it's hard to protest in Russia.

You know it.

It's beginning to become more difficult everywhere though. But of course, your Government only has your best interests at heart.

Putin beat the Oligarchs and has become the Godfather in Russia. What I don't have him down as though, is someone who would strike first.

He's a Judo Black belt, a mainly self defensive martial art. He has chosen, just like the Chinese to stand back and allow the Western world to wreak havoc in the M.E. When you decide to stand up and protect your own interests, you become more of a bogey man, spreading your fear and terror around the globe.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: RobertConrad

End of an Era as Russia Begins to Crack Down on Freedom of Religion and Expression

Thank God we have Trump to set those russkies straight and lead us back to the Lord.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
They did not ban the JW for their religious beliefs.

They were banned for aggressive solicitation and distributing literature that violated laws.

Many people in the US complain about agressive JW solicitors as well.

ISIS practices "aggressive solicitation". The JW crowd are just enthusiastic.

Whatever the case may be, its comforting to know that Trumps gets along well with this tyrant.
(sarcasm)
edit on 6-4-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: literary note.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
No love lost here. I have a huge issue with any group that has no problem exercising their freedom of religion, but, not willing to fight for the liberty to do so. Apparently they're under the impression that this freedom of religion stuff comes free. A lot of people have died for the liberties they freely exploit.

I always tell them, "I'll talk to you if, you pledge allegiance to the flag of the country that allows you the freedom to knock on my door and tell me about God". Nope, no takers yet.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
No love lost here. I have a huge issue with any group that has no problem exercising their freedom of religion, but, not willing to fight for the liberty to do so. Apparently they're under the impression that this freedom of religion stuff comes free. A lot of people have died for the liberties they freely exploit.

I always tell them, "I'll talk to you if, you pledge allegiance to the flag of the country that allows you the freedom to knock on my door and tell me about God". Nope, no takers yet.

You do realize that also means that anyone you know or anyone else knows who has died in a war, it was not at the hands of a Jehovah's Witness.

Aside from that, they are a fairly small group of people world-wide. 8 million out of 8 billion. That is 1/10th of 1% of earth's population. Hardly anything to get angry over if they decide as a group of people that it is wrong to go to war. The earth has enough war mongers that 1/10th of 1% that decide to remain neutral in all the earth is not going to make a difference. Only to show the world that it is possible.

And also, it fulfills prophecy, and shows people on earth that there is a true group of Christians that follow Jesus' words as found in Holy Scripture.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
A little earlier received pretty much the entire summary of today's court hearing; won't post it here, but it appears that it will continue tomorrow and no decision has been made (I guess tomorrow is almost today in Russia).

So I am uncertain as to the validity of the Fox News report cited in the OP. I will correct it if more information becomes available.

Russian Supreme Court Case Continues

In a second day of proceedings, the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation continued to consider a claim from the Ministry of Justice to liquidate the Administrative Center of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia. The day concluded with a recess until Friday, April 7, 2017, at 10:00 a.m. David A. Semonian, a spokesman at the Witnesses’ world headquarters in New York, explains: “Today’s proceedings revealed that the Ministry of Justice has no basis for their claims against our organization.” He adds, “But we also note that the Ministry of Justice officially admitted today that if Jehovah’s Witnesses are banned, they may be under threat of criminal prosecution if they even gather together for prayer. We hope that the Supreme Court upholds justice and prevents this violation of our basic human rights.”

edit on 6-4-2017 by RobertConrad because: changed stated to cited

edit on 6-4-2017 by RobertConrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I had a few JHVH witnesses wake me up at 8 in the morning.
I ended up conning them into helping me do some garden work.
They seemed like nice people.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Putin is Anti-Gay. That makes him RELIGIOUS doesn't it? Today, Putin banned the image of him as homosexual.

Story w/Image: www.washingtonpost.com... 59

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
JW's are the canary in the coal mine for human rights, look what happened to them in Germany after Hitler came to power, those Germans had a choice to go to death camps or support a maniac, unlike those of Jewish heritage which had no choice either way.

With what we know about history, would you people still say,
"Good I am glad the Nazi's are banning the JW's" back in the 30's ?

JW's don't fight physical wars, but they do crazy amounts of court battles, that after they win everybody can use.

Religious freedom: rights and liberties under the law(2002)-

In the United States, numerous cases involving Jehovah's Witnesses are now landmark decisions of First Amendment law. In all, Jehovah's Witnesses brought 23 separate First Amendment actions before the U.S. Supreme Court between 1938 and 1946. Supreme Court Justice Harlan Fiske Stone once quipped, "I think the Jehovah's Witnesses ought to have an endowment in view of the aid which they give in solving the legal problems of civil liberties."

From the First Amendment Center on the last case
Supreme Court WIn
Final Paragraph

That’s why we all owe the Jehovah’s Witnesses a debt of gratitude. No matter how many times they’re insulted, run out of town, or even physically attacked, they keep on fighting for their (and thus our) freedom of religion. And when they win, we all win.

The people attacking JW's care nothing behind the thoughts of the American First amendment, I say this because not all posting are Americans, and thus have anything to do with that, but the concept of the 1st amendment is respected by all civilized nations in 2017.

If Russia bans the JW's, they will have gone back to the dark ages for human rights, other groups will be next.
edit on 8-4-2017 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: RobertConrad

Ok most on here probably cant see what this is but I have been around a while, seen it and heard it before.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join