It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comedy Legend Don Rickles has passed away

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Don Rickles has died at 90 years old. He is a comedy legend. I remember watching him on reruns of CPO Sharkey and saw some of his comedy routines and many appearances on Johnny Carson and other late night shows. He was the "master of insults".

He was one of the funniest people who ever lived, in my opinion. His stand up comedy often included many racial and cultural jokes back in the 70s when Americans had a sense of humor about the differences between the races and cultures. Some say he was the white Richard Pryor.

R.I.P. Don Rickles. Thanks for the laughs.

Warning: Must have a sense of humor to see this video. Not trying to "trigger" anyone.

www.tmz.com...

edit on 6-4-2017 by EchoesInTime because: sp

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Such a funny man.
RIP Mr. Rickles.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

I was gonna bring that video, the King of insult. He hailed from a different time, when it was okay to be a bigot and racist. I.e., make fun of ourselves, without being so offended.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Tha last I seen of him was on that Seinfeld Comedians in Cars Gettin Coffee. Had a current segment with him, poor guy was all livin in some hollywood old-folks home. RIP, Mr Rickles.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

They always use the word 'insult' with me, but I don't hurt anybody. I wouldn't be sitting here if I did. I make fun of everybody and exaggerate all our insecurities. Don Rickles Read more at: www.brainyquote.com...

That about sums it up! RIP Don Rickles.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Damn..
Can't say he didn't live his life. Old school is the best school.👍
R.I.P. Mr. Rickles.

"Warning: Must have a sense of humor to see this video. Not trying to "trigger" anyone."~EchoesInTime

Only person who should be triggered....

edit on 6-4-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The legend is gone, when i get home im going to go watch the dean martin roast with good old don.

Nobody will ever be as funny as mister rickles.
edit on 6-4-2017 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Thank God he lived in an era he was allowed to be a comedian without being ostracized by what we now call Political Correctness!

He wouldn't of stood a chance........

edit on 6-4-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Legend of roasts

Funny guy and professional asshole

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Again? I coulda SWORN he passed 3 or so years ago... darned Mandela Effect (kidding... mostly).

Anyway, he sorta was a standard for a couple generations, for better or corny worse, but lived a relatively long life that I imagine was better than most... so ... the afterlife got an insult comic with quite a resume'.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Pissed me off when I found out on my break. Funny funny man! Godspeed sir, Godspeed.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

One of a kind to interrupt Sinatra. Goodbye Don, you were a comic treasure and now it's time for us to bury you.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Sad day, one of the wittiest and funniest people ever. He was one of my all-time favorites. R.I.P Don

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

and betty white is still hanging in there!!! I love don rickles he was the insult king, but he loved everybody!!! thank god he was able to do his sthick back in the day!!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Thanks for the thread and the space EiT. One of my
real look-up-to's is gone, and I felt bad almost all day.
A wonderful guy with a lifetime supply of snarky pills:
RIP Don. I hope you and Blue Eyes are hoisting a
second round as we speak... I'll miss you anyway.

new topics

top topics

join