It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Brexit joke

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: smurfy

I'll leave you to it fella while you use terms like 'will' etc, just more of your personal opinions expressed as fact.

Don't tell lies, I gave you examples of what has already happened in the second post, as well as examples of what is coming in taxation in the first post. On the other hand, if you don't understand, just say so...much better than an ignorant thumbs down.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Nope, a thumbs down was appropriate.
You know as much of the future as I do.
...that would be nothing lol x

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Golantrevize

I voted Breixt and it had very little to do with immigration or the free movement of people and can we I just add that the EU doesn't actually grant free movement of people but free movement of labour. It was meant for those going from one country to the other with job prospects not wanting to move to one country from another to live their. It is something that people often get wrong.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

Yes, and that is history now.
Future arrangements are more important as we move forward.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85
a reply to: Golantrevize

I voted Breixt and it had very little to do with immigration or the free movement of people and can we I just add that the EU doesn't actually grant free movement of people but free movement of labour. It was meant for those going from one country to the other with job prospects not wanting to move to one country from another to live their. It is something that people often get wrong.

The EU does provide free movement of people, not just labour.

A right we are just about to lose.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Restrictions which will be easy to negotiate and continue to travel.
I've spent extended periods of my life travelling Asia with no free movement of people legislation provided by a political union.
If having rules same as the rest of the world upsets you then it ain't all that bad as I see things.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Bit of a difference between traveling through and having the right to live there.

There is even a difference between getting permission to live someplace and the right to live there.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Yeah, a bit of extra paperwork doesn't upset me though.
I'll still travel and negotiate the immigration laws same as I always have with the rest of the world.
You'll still get your two weeks in Benidorm, and if you have any skills to offer the EU you'll still get a work visa.
First world problems is all I see.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Are you ok applying that to other rights? Yes you can have free speech but only after you fill in a form D/12 sub section 4?

Still we are not starving in a mud hut in Africa so i guess that would just be a first world problem as well.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

You have a link to any reports that free speech will need to be applied for in the UK post Brexit? Or you just made that up?

And yes a bit of extra paperwork is all that we'll be affected by, same as for the rest of the world.
It's happening anyway now, so why not embrace it with optimism instead of whining about things you cannot change.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

...and we've never had free speech in the UK so your point is moot.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

a reply to: grainofsand

...and we've never had free speech in the UK so your point is moot.

Actually we do under both the European convention on human rights and our membership of the EU.

However as we are leaving one and May has previously floated leaving the other, you may well end up being right.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Nope, a citizen of the US has free speech.
The EU version is watered down with caveats.
Either you are unaware of this or you are being dishonest?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

You have a link to any reports that free speech will need to be applied for in the UK post Brexit? Or you just made that up?

And yes a bit of extra paperwork is all that we'll be affected by, same as for the rest of the world.
It's happening anyway now, so why not embrace it with optimism instead of whining about things you cannot change.

Where was I whinning,was pointing out a factual inaccuracy in another post.

We did have right to live anywhere in the EU. That right will be removed.

Was just wondering if you are OK with any other rights being removed?
edit on 7-4-2017 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Nope, a citizen of the US has free speech.
The EU version is watered down with caveats.
Either you are unaware of this or you are being dishonest?

Free speech in the US has limits as well. Something doesn't have to be an absolute in order to be a right.

Are you unaware of that or are you just being dishonest?
edit on 7-4-2017 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I'll be happy to return to a personal health/travel insurance scheme same as I have to take out when leaving the EU.
I won't be crying my eyes out if I need cover to visit the EU.

What other lost rights do you intend to grieve over? I'm easy with most of the changes, same as I'm not angry with the rest of the world which forces visas and paperwork.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I'll be happy to return to a personal health/travel insurance scheme same as I have to take out when leaving the EU.
I won't be crying my eyes out if I need cover to visit the EU.

What other lost rights do you intend to grieve over? I'm easy with most of the changes, same as I'm not angry with the rest of the world which forces visas and paperwork.

I like less rules from government about how and indeed where i live my life.

You are of course free to feel different.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I prefer local decentralised accountable government.
The same as I imagine you support devolution for Scotland Wales and Northern Ireland.

Now again, what are these lost rights you speak of which will cause hardship or whatever?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
As we are leaving the EU we are no longer obliged to be part of the ECHR and May as previously indicated she wishes us to leave.

I certainly don't feel comfortable with my future human rights being defined by this government, do you?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
While UK law continues to mirror EU human rights law I'm unconcerned that the highest court will no longer be based in a foreign country.
If you have evidence of UK law reducing human rights in consideration of ECHR then yep raise them and we'll talk.

I want the highest court governing me to be a British court based in the UK.
You have your own legal system in Scotland anyway, are you claiming that on exit of the EU Scottish judges are going to start eroding your human rights? Really? Smh.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join