It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nunes steps down from Russia-Trump investigation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The House (of Representatives) Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes has decided to step aside from the current "Russian" investigation.

Nunes says some Democrats have filed an ethics complaint and he will not be leading the investigation.

Some new people will be involved until the "complaint(s)" are resolved.

One of the assisting Representatives will be Congressman Trey Gowdy !!

Careful what you wish for !!

Nunes steps down from Russia-Trump investigation

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes on Thursday stepped down temporarily from his role leading the committee’s probe of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential campaign and possible surveillance of Trump associates by the prior administration.

Nunes in a statement cited the efforts of "several leftwing activist groups" to lodge "entirely false and politically motivated" accusations against him with the Office of Congressional Ethics as his reason for sidelining himself.

Rep. Mike Conaway, R-Texas, is now set to lead the committee "with assistance" from Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., and Rep. Tom Rooney, R-Fla.

Nunes said he would "continue to fulfill all my other responsibilities as Committee Chairman" and had requested to speak with the Ethics office "in order to expedite the dismissal of these false claims."

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

In my best Proffessor Farnsworth voice impression: Good news everybody!. Trey Gowdy was one of the few who really asked important questions and wasn't interested to spark a war with Russia. Comey is toast.

Edit: Please don't let the idiot Schiff anywhere near the investigation.
edit on 6-4-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I'll tell ya ...

The RINOs are pretty damned terrified of the Democratic House of Cards falling to the floor.

If there's only one party in power ... it's certainly not going to be hard to pick out the obstructionists and cast them aside in the next elections.

edit on 642017 by Snarl because: SP

+2 more 
link   
Nunes will be known as THE whistle-blower who started in motion exposing a huge Obama Administration spying scandal.

link   
Shouldn't it be "Devin Nunes, R-California"?

Just to keep it established from which side of the political spectrum he came.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Ain't this rich???

Dems are demanding that Nunes step aside -- temporarily! -- for his "unauthorized disclosures of classified information" because... wait for it... he told the American people he had seen evidence of UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURES OF CLASSIFIED INFORMATION BY THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION!!!

Ya just can't make this stuff up!

And I agree, xuen, they're going to be sorry for what they wished for -- and got: TREY GOWDY!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Nunes will be known as THE whistle-blower who started in motion exposing a huge Obama Administration spying scandal.

So whats the eta this time, how many days ago or weeks has faux news and trump said they had proof that obama was spying on him lol.

Proof must be coming soon right.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Nunes has decided to step aside from the current "Russian" investigation.

This will make the Dems happy

One of the assisting Representatives will be Congressman Trey Gowdy !!

This will not!

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
they sure gonna wish Nunes was back after Trey Gowdy gets started, that man don't play. if he smells a skunk, a rat, or a lying bureaucrat he'll do his best to expose them.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

It is know now how the Democrats did this, they call on the advocacy groups that favors them to do the complains to stall Nunez, but that is ok, see the ethics committee was Pelosi brain fart so they could do with it what they are dong right now, since the committee was enacted it has been used for abuse and to make sure that whatever some in congress don't like about other in congress they can find advocacy groups to file complains to stop what they don't want to keep forward

Is ok, this one of those complain that holds no grounds and will be dismissed, Nunez will be back.

Is just a shame how Democrats have nothing better to do but to become obstructionist the hell with the nation and its needs, they are in destruction path and will take with them anybody in their way.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

That is why they needed to take Nunez out of the way, after Susan Rice was identified in the scandal.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

So whats the eta this time, how many days ago or weeks has faux news and trump said they had proof that obama was spying on him lol.

I bet it shows up before the Trump-Russia collusion evidence shows up.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

My first thought when I heard Trey Gowdy?

"Unleash the hounds!".

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I'd say Susan Rice's admission that she unmasked the names of Trump's team in Intel reporting ... is pretty damning proof that someone was collecting Intelligence on Trump. Otherwise ... wait for it ... there wouldn't have been any names to unmask ... you silly.

Just remember though ... it wasn't 0bama's team that was doing the _intercept_. They were only _collecting_ from friendly Foreign Intelligence Services.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
It boggles my mind how conservatives in this thread are spinning this like it is bad for liberals.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

You know it's pretty easy to spin this. Where is the evidence of the Trump russia collusion? Proof is coming but so far the Obama aids are doing a bang up job backing up Trumps claims. Rice and Farkas are already working on a deal behind the scenes don't you worry.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

...the ethics committee was Pelosi brain fart so they could do with it what they are dong right now, since the committee was enacted it has been used for abuse and to make sure that whatever some in congress don't like about other in congress they can find advocacy groups to file complains to stop what they don't want to keep forward...

Yup!!! Just one more way to control the flow of information to the people -- the truth, the whole truth, or nothing but the truth.

I do think it's time for Trump to authorize the declassification of ALL THE EVIDENCE -- the good, the bad, and the ugly -- because these critters cannot be trusted to police themselves, and the American people deserve the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. No more crying and wailing and gnashing of teeth about "but-national-security!!!" Our national security is now threatened from the enemies within at least as much as those without.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

They should all keep stepping down bc theres nothing to investigate anyways. Go do something productive

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Shouldn't it be "Devin Nunes, R-California"?

Just to keep it established from which side of the political spectrum he came.

Everybody know who he is by now.

But it is strange the article omitted the "R".

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I gave you a star just for posting, yes is bad because Democrats think that stalling Nunez is a victory, but then they will end up with nightmare to take over.

See, I always feel that Nunez is nice, perhaps too nice to go after the bloodhounds Democrats that are after Trump.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join