It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever received a strange or mysterious phone call?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Not weird really. When I was 16 I put an add in the newspaper to sell a car. A women called and asked a few questions. She claimed she was very wealthy and was involved with apple. This is in the 80s, she got real personal and soon the dirty talk started. She called a few more times for phone sex, then one day she called and my girlfriend answered the phone. I never heard from her again, being so young I really enjoyed the attention!

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

Thank you for contributing to the thread..
I can absolutely understand the attention thing at 16.

I guess it could have turned a bit nasty if your gf had
found out about it.

BT

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: beetee

Yes, one time when I was in the midst of a strange spiritual crisis and felt like I was under some sort of attack or possession or some such thing, the phone rang and I picked it up and a female voice said "you are 10 seconds from recording Germany"

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

That's pretty bizarre :-)

What's your take on it? Was that all she said?

BT

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

The Children's House is a very common name for pre-schools in Europe and America

I've been living in America for almost 60 years and I've never in my life heard anyone use that phrase.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Not really strange, but when I moved into a new apartment I was getting a lot of angry people calling for someone named "Smitty". I had to change my number.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
At university, we used to patch several phone lines together, ring them all, and listen in on a butt set.

I think my favorite EVAR was when we connected a Persian and an Israeli guy and both of them started screaming at the other and calling each other a foreigner.

edit on 7-4-2017 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Haha.
That's great.

BT

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

No, I thought it was an odd term too... But the really weird part was that it should be alarming that sombody had even tried to call this house...

I am not one to shy away from the occasional bouts of paranoia, as I think is amply demonstrated by this story, but even I would not bat an eyelid if somebody had told me that a call had been made to a preschool.

BT

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

IMO it wasn't a code phrase, rather you got an accidental call from one of the 0.1% who misdialed a global call. I don't even know how to dial out to another country, but globalist elite probably do it all the time, especially if they have family members running businesses in multiple countries.

"Somebody called the children's house" makes sense if:

1. The "children" are young adults who do own houses, which suggests they are wealthy.
2. It's unnerving to the super-rich if plebs like us know their addresses and phone numbers, which explains why she's concerned about someone calling them.
3. They were trying to enter a long number to dial out to another country, which explains how they got you.
4. She mentioned someone left a message for her at the consulate. Which suggests she's involved in politics, and possibly someone of high position.

Globalist super-rich wife trying to call her husband. You should have told her to stop raping the world like the evil bitch whore she is.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Since it was so long ago, perhaps your memory of the actual words spoken aren't as clear.

Did she say childrens house or childrens home? To me, childrens house is an unusual phrase to use, but childrens home is not.

The reason I ask is because you said the lady had a British accent, childrens home is a common phrase in the UK. It's basically a care home, not necessarily an orphanage. In the UK these care homes house unruly/poorly behaved children or children who have been taken from their parents due to neglect, etc. Orphans, too.

If she did say childrens home it potentially opens a can of worms in context with the rest of the conversaton, could involve anything from illegal adoption to trafficking...all wild speculation, of course, but you'll likely never get to the bottom of it.

Naturally, it could all be very innocent...wh knows? Interesting, nonetheless.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Reminded me of something odd that happened to me a long time ago, not a phone call but an odd private message I received on MSN from someone I didn't know and whose ID I've forgotten.

To put it into context, I was still living at my parents' at the time, but my mother and father had split up, a very serious situation which saw them part was for about 2 years, so my father had moved out and I was living with my mother.

After a while they started chatting again and working things out, my old man moved back in and things were pretty good.

About a week or so after my dad had moved back in I was up late, I was on MSN chatting to a friend and a chat window popped up and it simply said:

Your dad's back

I immediately took note because...well my dad was back. The person who sent the message failed to respond when I asked wtf they were, no response, nothing. I live in scotland, the user had a profile which said the user lived in the US.

Not aware of anyone in the US who knew anything about my family or our current situation, it was pretty puzzling and I spent some time trying to figure out what was going on. I never mentioned it to my dad as I thought it might potentially cause more problems in the relationship...I never knew what to make of it but it was certainly something I shan't forget.
edit on 8-4-2017 by HeathenJessie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: HeathenJessie

Hello Jessie!

Well, although I cannot remember the rest of the conversation verbatim, I am pretty sure abot the first phrase. Although it is possible I might have misheard, but as both the line quality and the articulation was rather good, I can't really believe I would confuse the two.

If it hadn't been such a nonsensial phrase, I think I would have forgotten about the whole thing right away.

I guess I will never know, now :-BT

Cheers,

BT

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Thank you for the story.
Very strange, I agree.
I assume it was the only message you ever received from this user, as well?

BT

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: beetee

Thank you for the story.
Very strange, I agree.
I assume it was the only message you ever received from this user, as well?

BT

It was the only message, yes.

I was chatting with a friend at the time, I immediately responded to the message but got no response. Told my friend and he tried messaging the person, also - no response.

I actually sent the person several messages over a period of maybe a week or so and never heard anything back. It was just really weird. Shame I can't remember the ID of the sender, assumed perhaps the scant profile details available were default placeholders and that the user maybe never edited the profile.

Another one of those things I'll probably never know the truth about, same as your mysterious phone call, but I've never forgotten it and often think about it.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
but where is the fun in that? your gotta find the deep meanings to lube.. especially in a phone call

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

There is an unusual phone call that comes to mind.

One holiday weekend, I was over at some family's for dinner.I had my cell phone ring, and it was emergency services."Is everything ok?"they asked."Yes, yes it is," I replied puzzled about the call.I hung up, this was right before starting our meal.They had not inquired any further.

That phone was kind of glitchy.I had placed it's on top of the fridge, a while before the call.I doubted I pocket dialed them.There was no record of a 911 call on my logs.I've had some other unusual experiences happen before, so I didn't dwell on this too much.The main reason I remember this call, was it coincided after a discussion about the tragic events of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.I chalked it up to the Universe behaving vigilant...

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I think I talked about this in one of my very first posts on ATS. A few decades ago, our phone started to ring a night.

It wasn't a normal ring - it was shorter and less loud. It would only ring a about two times and stop.

We called the phone company and they sent two tech guys out to our apartment. One kept saying he was sorry this was happening to us.

Here is the weird part, they said it was some type of technical issue with the phone and we should try to get a Panasonic phone - he said maybe we could find one at a garage sale.

Within a few days, we just happened to see a garage sale nearby. We stopped and there was a Panasonic phone. Fixed our problems (for awhile).

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

You officially sent chill down my spine so good job for that. I've met some very creepy and interesting people as well. I met a strange lady at toys r us when my mom was at the checkout I was on the bench. The lady was acting strangely and disappeared when I turned around. She asked me is that your mom over there. I got a buzz are call d
From a kid who seemed to know me. I got the sense that something was very off about it. I had an ex who told me there are clandestine vans that abduct people and drug them put them in white rooms then they have terrifying hallucinations.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Not a call but I had a really weird text last year.

Them: M

Me: Say what Dawg? (number I didn't recognize)

Them: Bossometer Petoria SARCASTIBALL Treep 10 yrs since Curious George PREMR that's what

That is verbatim, because it was so damn odd I never erased it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join