It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toshiba Laptop will only start in safe mode

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy
a reply to: LoneWrecche

Mate im sorry , i did read it, alas my brain has fried. Perhaps i should have walked away for a while as IGS suggested.

Is it too late to try 3 my friend , i am not the best of replying under these conditions. ?

Walking away can very often be worth while.

I bought a new mb a few years ago, and sure I'd had a few beverages.

I put it in, plugged everything in but the PC would not boot. Oh I say there, ruing the day I paid for borked hardware.

over 2 hours later, after I'd walked away to give myself time to stop screaming at myself... I walked back, looked, and connected the 4 Pin ATX12V cable I'd missed.

booted up then. Oo I wished I was two people at that point, so one of us could punch one of us in the nose...

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy

Thanks, i managed to get that blue screen up again and selected 3. After 5 minutes it is still a black lit screen.

So it is safe to say that i can only get it restarted after pressing 4. Can i re install the video drivers then ? Do i right click and disable ? Then scan for hardware changes ?

I can also press 5 which i have just done. Currently sitting at Desktop in Windows 8.1

It's definitely, in my opinion, not hardware.

So as you can boot into safe mode, which disables all drivers and anything that can be used in normal mode, and gives you the bare minimum - it's software. But mate, I have no idea.

My first bit of actual advice to help beyond troubleshooting, go back into safe mode, save everything you need/remember/can... if you have more than one partition, I'd made a copy of the entire system drive just in case.

but if it's not the video, I ho9nestly am at a loss. It is still software related, if it was hardware you'd not have any difference between safe mode or normal. but you're using safe mode.

damn I wish I could come over, and check it. I can just feel what it is, but trying to get that out and across, never happens.

but trust me, it's a software issue. save all your stuff, do a reset.

hate that reply. but you don't need to pull the thing apart and worry about that... you can boot into safe mode. the hardware is fine.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Cheers mate, are there any places that you know of that you trust to Remote Access my pc..... i remember a place did it years ago, very successful but spooky because you watch the mouse pointer move and stuff happens while you watch it.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Not sure if this helps us mate, but i managed to do a malware scan which yielded zilch, then i went onto my C drive, right click, properties, Disk Clean-up, and the scanning gets stuck on System Error Memory Dump Files while it is calculating.

Btw i have 556GB free out of 920GB, also this device is a AMD A10 elite quad core with Radeon Dual graphics..... i wonder if that could be an issue.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   
It appears that the scan and disk cleanup has worked, it also found a 3gb mma fight in my systems section of c drive which i have now deleted, it has rebooted in normal mode by itself, so far so good , what do we all think ?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

Install the free version of hdd sentinel and check the health of your hdd
Anything under 99% is not good, seriously.
www.hdsentinel.com...

If a disk cleanup fixed it, it sounds like it could be hdd related, maybe also run a check disk -
Open command promt with admin rights (right-cklicking start should give you the option)
then type chkdsk /f C: and let it see if there are any errors on the hdd and it will aslo try to repair them
edit on 7-4-2017 by GreenGunther because: Don't think I'm allowed to post direct download links

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

will try that now Greeny ,cheers

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join