It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obnoxious ATS Banner Ads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
ATS why do you have a banner ad cover 1/4 of my screen nearly every time I navigate to a different page? Then I have to wait a specific period of time before the "x" appears so I can close it.

Forget about browsing ATS on a mobile device. The stupid ad covers almost my entire screen.

It is beyond obnoxious. Does it really have to be that obnoxiously large and why make me wait before I can close the stupid thing? You've already pissed me off with ridiculous size of the banner ad.

edit on 5-4-2017 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

ATS does not do the ads.

You simply need to identify the ad so they know what you are talking about and they will look into it .

They do so all the time.

That assumes that the ad is not sent by your phone service ... some are.

Calm down mate.

P

edit on 5/4/2017 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

Yes, I am having the same trouble on both my mobile and PC. It's the Better Call Saul ad, unfortunately. That show looks cool.
edit on 05pmWed, 05 Apr 2017 23:45:42 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
No ads!? Then how will I find hot singles in my area?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
What I find particularly troubling aside from the banners you mentioned is the ad tracking on this site.

I use Ghostery and every time I come to ATS, I'm being tracked by over 76 individual tracking entities.

That's freaking ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
This is the first time I've ever had trouble.

It's a big ad.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Just to clarify...it is not just on my mobile phone. It is on the ATS website on my computer. It is beyond obnoxious. "Better Call Saul" ad covers 1/4 of my screen every few pages I navigate on the website. The fact that I have to wait 8 seconds before the stupid "X" appears so I can close the damn thing is like pouring rubbing alcohol into an open wound.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

I wish I had time for that. I'm too busy installing new software the popup says I need to remove the virus it installed when its banner popped up.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
What I find particularly troubling aside from the banners you mentioned is the ad tracking on this site.

I use Ghostery and every time I come to ATS, I'm being tracked by over 76 individual tracking entities.

That's freaking ridiculous.

Thanks for the headsup on a cool program.

Mine only says "4" are. And 2 of them are Google God, which is embedded everywhere you can click on the web just about. If I "the extremist" have 19 times less craopla than you a newer user does, then surely that's an "ID10T problem".

edit on 6-4-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join