It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

one of my neighbors

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
a reply to: intrptr

This is all right from their mouths no gossip or hearsay involved.

The local gossip lives 2 house away, she`s old and a bit crazy,rumor has it that she forces her husband, who is 20 years younger than her, to drive her around the island every evening so she can make notes on a pad about who is at the local bar,who`s car is parked at the local beach after dark etc, but that`s for another story.

Oh god, those are the worst. Nosey, busy bodies applying their do gooder morality to everyone else...

my favorite kind of neighbor is the one who minds their own business, unless called upon.

Otherwise where does it end. When granny gets to old what, she'll install cameras on every tree, fly drones to stare in windows, open mail, eaves drop, big brother and the holding company.

Nazis kept files, all police states do.
edit on 6-4-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
There were no dead bodies or toothless hookers involved. And no one on the local police department implicated. These people are tame by New Jersey standards.

Just yesterday, one mile from my house: www.mycentraljersey.com...

edit on 6-4-2017 by dfnj2015 because: typos

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Your description of the town's inhabitants sounds exactly like here, but in Texas we have some "migrant" issues as well.
The old police chief here said all the misfits in the county ended up in our town because they were comfortable here.

When I lived in the Big City, it was easy to work, have neighbours you didn't really know, mind your own business, let the city handle neighbourhood issues/problems, live far enough away from relatives that it's a pleasure to be around them for a few days every few years....

BUT THEN WE MOVED TO THE COUNTRY about 12 years ago.
Less than 20 miles from the Big City, more than twenty (maybe like 150) YEARS behind the times. I think statistics show a median 8th grade education level for the town, average home price $50K.

Seems that town location and school integration in the 60's took its toll and many kids just didn't go to school.
The distance to the Big City was too far to bus their kids, the only middle school was in a disadvantaged inner-city urban area 20 miles/1 hour away. Country kids didn't feel safe there, evidently, for good reason.

Consequently, everybody knows everybody else in this town, everybody wants to be in your business mostly out of habit (since they've all been here there whole lives), most of 'em married up or at least mated with each other, most rarely go to the Big City almost like there's bad juju - and if you're past your childbearing years and don't have any kids or grandkids, you're considered VERY weird. Raising children is considered a lifes-work-type-major-accomplishment here. Even if your kids are all in jail, or came back home afterwards to raise future generations at momma's house. Pride in one's children seems to form the basis of many folks' self-esteem and bragging rights are more important than tangible results.

Sorry - this was Your Rant, not mine - just sayin' I feel ya.

ganjoa

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa
I grew up near St. George's and my aunt lived on Solomon's, but it seems like things have changed quite a bit since those times.

I was a child at the time. I was supposed to be seen and not heard, so much of the adult talk was filtered for little faces with big ears. Of course that didn't stop me from picking up on the occasional poop-head neighbor, conversations.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

That was funny.

Yeah, 'cause you know redneck meth-heads are just a barrel of laughs

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

The way you played it, it was. Forgive me for seeing the humor in it...

Have you noticed?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Forgive me for seeing the humor in it...

I wasn't aware you had a sense of humor

You are forgiven.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Thank you

(did you notice the sneaky little bump?)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join