It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Bannon Removed From National Security Council Role in Shakeup

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Breaking on Drudge now.
Few details.
This appears to be a major Trump reorganization move regarding his National Security Council.

EDIT: It should be noted that NBC is now reporting Bannon resigned because he was only there as a "check against Michael Flynn", only attended one meeting...and felt he was no longer needed in the role.

www.nbcwashington.com...

BLOOMBERG:

President Donald Trump reorganized his National Security Council on Wednesday, removing his chief strategist, Stephen Bannon, and downgrading the role of his Homeland Security Adviser, Tom Bossert, according to a person familiar with the decision and a regulatory filing.

National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster was given responsibility for setting the agenda for meetings of the NSC or the Homeland Security Council, and was authorized to delegate that authority to Bossert, at his discretion, according to the filing.

Under the move, the national intelligence director, Dan Coats, and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Marine Corps General Joseph Dunford, are again "regular attendees" of the NSC’s principals committee.

Bannon, the former executive chairman of Breitbart News, was elevated to the National Security Council’s principals committee at the beginning of Trump’s presidency. The move drew criticism from some members of Congress and Washington’s foreign policy establishment.

www.bloomberg.com...

edit on 5-4-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2017 by IAMTAT because: LINK added

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Negotiations continue to have the right people agreed upon in the right places. Trump is learning slow but sure to make the right people happy.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Yeah baby.
Must be something big on the horizon for bannon .

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
All over the tv too.

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Yeah baby.
Must be something big on the horizon for bannon .

The Democrats offered him a job to fix their broken and aimless party.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I never liked him anyway....something just seemed off about him.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Don't get too happy people, it seems he wasn't supposed to be there long anyway. From the OP's source.

A White House official said that Bannon was placed on the committee in part to monitor Trump’s first national security adviser, Michael Flynn, and never attended a meeting. He’s no longer needed with McMaster in charge of the council, the official said.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Will Bannon still have any role in the administration?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I understand Trump's Son-in-Law Jared Kushner has been undermining Bannon. Perhaps this is the result.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Good!

edit on 5-4-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
Don't get too happy people, it seems he wasn't supposed to be there long anyway. From the OP's source.

A White House official said that Bannon was placed on the committee in part to monitor Trump’s first national security adviser, Michael Flynn, and never attended a meeting. He’s no longer needed with McMaster in charge of the council, the official said.

That's interesting.
I wonder - Is it possible that Trump had reservations about Flynn since the beginning?
Maybe Trump named Flynn as a concession to make some people happy, but never actually trusted him.
...so he had Bannon around to keep an eye on Flynn.
This brings me back to a theory a while ago that Flynn was planted directly to undermine Trump, because they knew they had dirt on him.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Very interesting. I wonder if it has anything to do with this:

“The White House Counsel’s office identified Rice as the person responsible for the unmasking after examining Rice’s document log requests. The reports Rice requested to see are kept under tightly-controlled conditions. Each person must log her name before being granted access to them.”

The logs led National Security Adviser General H.R. McMaster to conclude that Rice had been responsible for uncovering the identities of individuals who were picked up in “incidental” surveillance of foreign nationals.

McMaster sent an aide, Derek Harvey, to convey that information to House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes.

I doubt Trump intended to keep Bannon in that position anyway; he was just keeping the seat warm till Trump found the appropriate person. Maybe Trump decided McMaster's good deed earned him that spot.

I don't know of course! Just thinking out loud

edit on 5-4-2017 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

I'm so sure.

Wonder how he will look in Orange.
With that red nose he's gonna need some concealer.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Uh huh. Did he hire BDO? The temp people?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Full circle Gentlemen, full circle.

Buck
edit on 5-4-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

originally posted by: FauxMulder

That's interesting.
I wonder - Is it possible that Trump had reservations about Flynn since the beginning?
Maybe Trump named Flynn as a concession to make some people happy, but never actually trusted him.
This brings me back to a theory a while ago that Flynn was planted directly to undermine Trump, because they knew they had dirt on him.

A lot of "intelligent" people have been saying how stupid Trump is but if you sit back and take a deep look into how things have played out so far you will see that he seems to always be two steps ahead of the opposition. He started out his campaign by stating how terrible the electoral college was, then proceeded to use them to win the election while no one was looking. The opposition has repeatedly misjudged him. I believe that our President will do everything he promised and more.

+17 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

If Flynn required babysitting, then why did Flynn have the job in the first place? What would cause the administration to feel that Flynn required monitoring? The fact that they knew he was lying about contact with Kislyak? Why didn't they can Flynn as soon as they knew he was lying?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I don't know we can only speculate at the many different possibilities. It was obvious to everyone Bannon didn't need to be on that council, so there has to be some reason why he was put there. Until Bannon gets canned for good I wouldn't call this a major shake up, or say he's loosing power. I'll be on the lookout for more details in the coming days. Maybe this has something to do with rumors that Kushner is supposedly working to undermine Bannon. I have no idea, all speculation at this point.

+26 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

A lot of true believers construe every Trump mistake as masterful strategy. What part of his Machiavellian orchestrations included VP Pence and other members of the administration saying things to the American people that weren't true while they covered for Flynn right up until all the lies came crashing down?

Another thing I've noticed about the die hard supporters is that they tend to excuse every lie, deception or false statement from Trump/his administration as deceiving the opposition — not them.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
That's interesting.

Unlikely. Trump was running around with Flynn in the primaries and even before that. As far as Flynn's popularity goes, no one liked the guy. Internally he was seen as the Alex Jones of generals, he invented elaborate conspiracy theories and basically believed things the facts didn't support.

Trump loved the guy, but he got a lot of pushback on it.

It's good that both Flynn and Bannon are gone now. Next step: Get rid of Bannon entirely.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join