It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ABC Preon Model. Higgs Boson (Actually Free Preon) Decay Channels.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
This is the thirteenth thread in the series on the ABC Preon Model. Links to earlier threads will appear in the comment below.

The discovery of the Higgs Boson was announced in 2012. But, similar to the top quark discovery which was discussed in the previous thread of this series, the discovery of the Higgs actually involves finding decay products, not the Higgs itself, since the Higgs decays too quickly to appear within the detector apparatus.

And once again, just as with the top quark, the ABC Preon Model can explain what is known as the Higgs signature by recognizing the formation of free preons; this time involving an A, a B and an anti-A. The combined mass of these three preons is twice the mass of the A (2 times 45.6 GeV/c2 = 91.2 GeV/c2) plus the mass of the B (34.8 eV/c2) which leads to a total of 126.0 GeV/c2 – consistent with the mass measured for what is known as the Higgs. But while the mass is very important to predict, it is equally important that the decay channels predicted are also those that are observed.

One of the observed decay channels is shown above. The A, B, and anti-A preons are formed from a high energy collision, with the B being knocked out of a proton and the A and anti-A being formed from the energy of the collision. What is left of the proton, now without its B preon, is shown as well. Then, a B / anti-B pair (virtual, or off-shell) forms out of vacuum. The B combines with what was left of the proton to create a hadronic shower. (High energy physics events often result in hadronic showers since the violence of the collision rips apart the colliding particles. While clean decay products may result from a portion of what is ripped apart, the remainder must combine into hadrons, and this frequently leads to a shower of particles.)

What is left after we use up the particles that create the hadronic shower are an A, a B, an anti-A and an anti-B. The figure above shows those four particles grouped in such a way so as to result in what is understood to be the preonic constituents of the massive leptons.(See thread 2 in this series for how massive leptons are modeled.) Lepton anti-lepton annihilation to two photons is commonly known - and so the above groupings show us how a two photon decay channel results from the original free A, B, and anti-A.

The above figure can also be used to explain W pair production. If a neutrino/neutrino pair forms in association with Group 1 and another neutrino/neutrino pair forms in association with Group 2, then W pair production results, since that combination of particles in each group lead to W signatures as was explained in thread 9 of this series.

The above figure can also be used to explain lepton/anti-lepton pair production. In that case only a single neutrino/neutrino pair forms, with one neutrino combining with the Group 1 preons to form a lepton and the other neutrino combining with the Group 2 preons to form an anti-lepton. (Again refer to thread 2 in this series for a description of the modeling of the massive leptons).

The above figure can also be used to explain quark/anti-quark production, which will occur if the B and anti-B annihilate into a C and anti-C followed by neutrino/neutrino production out of vacuum, with the C, neutrino and remaining A forming a quark and the anti-C, neutrino and remaining anti-A forming an anti-quark. (See thread 5 in this series for a description of the modeling of quarks). Note that what has just been described will result in quark/anti-quark pairs of the up family. If instead the A annihilates with the anti-A into a C and anti-C, the remaining B and anti-B will combine with the C and anti-C to form the down family of quark/anti-quark pairs instead.

There is also another possible decay channel for the free A, B, and anti-A preons as shown below:

The above figure shows how four high energy leptons will be produced from a free A, B, and anti-A as understood by the ABC Preon Model. Vacuum creation of a B / anti-B pair enables one B to combine with a portion of the proton fragments, leading to a hadronic shower just as in the earlier figure. This time however, we group the A with the anti-A and the B with the anti-B. The A/anti-A pair is understood within the ABC Preon Model to be what leads to the various Z signatures (See thread 9 of this series which discussed Z formation). One of the predictions of the 1997 ABC Preon Model publication is the B/anti-B pair, labeled Z* in the figure above. The Z* has not yet been seen in isolation, and it will lead to signatures similar to those produced by an A/anti-A pair, only at somewhat lower energy. (See thread 10 of this series for more on the prediction of the Z*).

In one of the free A/anti-A pair decay modes, a B/anti-B pair and a neutrino/neutrino pair will form out of vacuum resulting in the components needed to make a lepton/antilepton pair. In one of the B/anti-B pair decay modes an A/anti-A pair and a neutrino/neutrino pair will form out of vacuum and join with the B/anti-B pair resulting in the components needed to make a second lepton/antilepton pair. Other decay modes are possible, such as the Z and Z* forming quark / anti-quark pairs via vacuum formation of C / anti-C preon pairs and additional neutrinos.

Once again, just as was the case of the top quark signature discussed in the previous thread, the ABC Preon Model predicts all of the decay modes seen in nature, this time for what is known as the Higgs signature.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: delbertlarson

hate to be the guy that points out the obvious, perhaps including chapter in the title would help this space cadet who couldn't remember how many times he'd clicked on a similar thread name to catch up on where he left off.

Just sayin'

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I admire your enthusiasm for the topic. Not many people have the perseverance to put in this much effort.

What are your goals for posting here and getting your thoughts organized? What do you plan to achieve and will you use this material in the future for something?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong

hate to be the guy that points out the obvious, perhaps including chapter in the title would help this space cadet who couldn't remember how many times he'd clicked on a similar thread name to catch up on where he left off.

Just sayin'

Yeah, it probably would have been helpful to have numbers in the titles. I will do that on my next series. Since this series is now about 2/3rds done, I'll finish without the numbers just for consistency of presentation.

Thanks for pointing out what was obvious to you, but clearly wasn't obvious to me. That is very helpful.

Note that I do add links to all previous threads at the bottom of each one. I am also thinking it might be good to end this series with an "All-in-one" thread.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: delbertlarson I sure do wish I could follow along with whatever the hell you have here. This stuff certainly is fascinating.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I admire your enthusiasm for the topic. Not many people have the perseverance to put in this much effort.

What are your goals for posting here and getting your thoughts organized? What do you plan to achieve and will you use this material in the future for something?

Thanks for your supportive comment and the questions.

My goals for posting here are to 1) gain publicity for my model and 2) get expert feedback.

I published the original model 20 years ago, but since half of scientific publications are never read, and since the 1997 paper has zero citations, it is quite possible that the paper was pretty much completely ignored.

Also, I have gotten some good feedback here on other scientific discussions (mostly on Arbitrageur's AMA page). It has been rare for me to get such feedback, and I was/am hoping to get good feedback on the ABC Preon Model as well.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Well, I can say one thing with extreme certainty..........I have absolutely no idea what your talking about, nor do I understand the significance of all of this assuming for a moment that you are right.

However, I will fight to the death to preserve your right to publish this information (or whatever it is)!

Having said all that my question is............will any of this help my neighbor who is fighting stage 4 cancer?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Well, I can say one thing with extreme certainty..........I have absolutely no idea what your talking about, nor do I understand the significance of all of this assuming for a moment that you are right.

However, I will fight to the death to preserve your right to publish this information (or whatever it is)!

Having said all that my question is............will any of this help my neighbor who is fighting stage 4 cancer?

I am trying to be clear, but it is true that to understand these threads one does need to have some background with particle physics. Leptons (like the electron), baryons (three-quark bodies which include the proton and neutron), mesons (a quark-antiquark particle) and quarks (which make up the proton) are the particles presently thought to make up our world. I am proposing a model at a deeper level than that. But if you don't know the existing model of elementary particles (and many very bright people don't) then I will admit that these threads will be hard to follow.

I am sorry to learn about your neighbor and offer my prayers. Unfortunately the ABC Preon Model cannot help in his or her fight.

new topics

top topics

join