It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nostradamus C X Q 76: Resignation or impeachment?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The peace of God to all that belong to the Light,
Dear Readers ,

I think in order to prevent misunderstandings we must refer to really old editions of Nostradamus centuries since the political climate in the country is now such that otherwise people may think that we are discussing based on recent translations that could be subject to political bias.

The edition I brought here in my quotations us from mid Seventeen century, so it was published about a century after the first edition.

I referred to it in my previous reply as first edition since the editor claim that it is a reprint of much older editions, but if anybody else can bring any one published before that would be interesting.

The relevant point here either if we like it or Not is in that edition printed about 377 years ago the encoded words Trompe and Trombe are used in both quatrains respectively.

Thanks

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 4/6/2017 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

Your link doesnt work for me.

I really don't know what you intended in your OP. That's for you to decide. I'm simply pointing out the mistakes in the translation. I don't care what sites say what when they try to interpret the translation. I'm just stating that they're wrong. People will twist words around to fit their own agenda.

For example:

The car was blue.

Translation: The chicken was white.

In your OP, based on the translation you copied:

Par grand discord la terre tremblera,

la terre does not equal trumpet. It literally means "The Earth". There is no language, especially french where this word means anything other than "The Earth". It can not possibly = Trumpet

The same is true with the other posts you and I both mentioned. The words do not equal anything remotely similar to trumpet, trump or anything else. Those are websites that are trying to twist the truth of the words written.

The so called experts you're taking meaning from are total idiots if they try to take a word and point it to someone when it literally means something else.

Trombe is a literal french word that doesn't even come close to anything other than it's translated meaning. Anyone that has sat down and read into Nostradamus's work knows that when he spoke about someone, when he addressed a person, he did so in anagrams and descriptions of that person or something that related to the person. Taking a word that can be translated into an english word wouldn't be used as a name in it's original context. It's simply translated over.

I don't understand the confusion.

Still, I appreciate your post, I just wish it had more substance and wasn't a product of someone twisting whats quite literally black and what that can not be translated another way to suit their own idiocy.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Good work StallionDuck. I got the same results as you did.
It sounds all twisted to suit their own fantasies of it really happening when its not even remotely close to what his talking about..

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: amraks

What I find interesting is that in his career he certainly couldn't be bothered doing the hard work from scratch.

en.wikipedia.org...

It was mainly in response to the almanacs that the nobility and other prominent persons from far away soon started asking for horoscopes and "psychic" advice from him, though he generally expected his clients to supply the birth charts on which these would be based, rather than calculating them himself as a professional astrologer would have done. When obliged to attempt this himself on the basis of the published tables of the day, he frequently made errors and failed to adjust the figures for his clients' place or time of birth.[26][27][a][28]

And to criticism by other Astrologers

Origins of The Prophecies

Nostradamus claimed to base his published predictions on judicial astrology—the astrological 'judgment', or assessment, of the 'quality' (and thus potential) of events such as births, weddings, coronations etc.—but was heavily criticised by professional astrologers of the day such as Laurens Videl[43] for incompetence and for assuming that "comparative horoscopy" (the comparison of future planetary configurations with those accompanying known past events) could actually predict what would happen in the future.[44]

Research suggests that much of his prophetic work paraphrases collections of ancient end-of-the-world prophecies (mainly Bible-based), supplemented with references to historical events and anthologies of omen reports, and then projects those into the future in part with the aid of comparative horoscopy

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

While I was never fluent, I was conversant in French when I was in school. It's been a little longer than I care to admit but, the first thing that jumped out at me was the same word that you latched onto... la terre. I don't care what any self proclaimed "Nostrodamus Experts" claim online, the translation given in the OP is complete gobbledygook and does not line up with the actual French language. Not and it is used today(Contemporary Modern French as has been in use since the 19th C.) , not as it was used in Classical Modern French of the 18th century when the language was solidified (even official Royal documents were written in Latin prior to that point and there were a multitude of regional dialects), let alone the Early Modern French in use during the 16th century.

I was hoping for something a little more out of this thread I guess. Even on subjects that I have drastically different viewpoints on in comparison to the OP, I still generally enjoy her threads and posts. This one is all over the place and to say that it's grasping at straws is being generous. I tried to give the benefit of doubt here and did some digging to try to find a loophole for the OP and the faulty translations she is relying on but there were none to be found. The translations provided in the OP do not resemble the French language at any point in the last 500 years.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: The angel of light

“The great Senate will ordain the triumph
For one who afterwards will be vanquished, driven out;
at the sound of the trumpet of his adherents there will be
Put up for sale their possessions, enemies expelled.”

What was trying to tell us the so famous and reputed Prophet of Provence?
What do you think?

heres my first thoughts.
1 TPTB have put Trump in place
2 For Barrack, who will be punished for something (possibly)
3 Interestingly Trumps Team had to sell or pass on things that would clash with their interests (or whatever the terminology they used was)
Hmm enemies expelled could be a number of things, Russian diplomats were expelled after the Email scandal weren't they, Barracks whole team could have been the enemies, or the enemies have still to de expelled.

Nice Post btw

edit on 8-4-2017 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

it would have been good if you followed up that takedown with a source to show "how" you are right and OP is wrong!

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Fond de trompe today translates to background Trunk, according to a translation site, dont know how much of that has been lost to historic translation though.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80

it would have been good if you followed up that takedown with a source to show "how" you are right and OP is wrong!

I proved it in my original response. I even gave the HOW.

So... Tell me...

What did you find "la terre" to mean?

It's a root word for terrain. Who doesn't know this?

Knowledge!

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

The difference between ignorance and knowledge in this case is simply looking the root of the word up. It's older than french. See the above response.

Many words comes from another source that springs from yet another source. The French language, like English, like many other languages just didn't pop up over night. They came from other words that are as old as words themselves (see what I did there).

MDN used a combination of languages and IT DOES resemble old french quite well. Most of his words were written in french as well as Latin. Latin is the root of many modern as well as OLD versions of current languages. I'm no expert, but I'm not dummy either. I'm not even debating what the quatrain points to or who it refers to. Before you can do that, you have to translate it CORRECTLY. Every single word in that quatrain is understandable and can easily be translated. What the source says it is, ISN'T. That's just too easy to point out. Yes, languages change over hundreds of years. We have translators that can account for that. Welcome to 2017.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Here there is a link that give access to a .doc file of a very old version of Nostradamus, preserving the original French of XVI century form .

Please check:

archive.org...

Now here it is a Google books access to a 1644 edition with the original language used by him, in order to don't depend on modernizations.

les vrayes centuries et propheciez Mitchel Nostradamus 1644 edition

What I am trying to do? To provide a clear and straight forward evidence that there is indeed an original version that contains the encoded words that refer to Trump and in that way get rid of the rhetoric that there is "bias" is n the translation.

Thanks

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 4/9/2017 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The peace of God to all that belong to the Light
Dear Readers

The so grave political events we have seen along the last 10 days in the country counting:

1) The worst riots ever seen in the west coast since Vietnam war at Portland,
2) General(r) of the army Michael Flynn, National security Adviser, being investigated for supposed illegal deals with Russian Ambassador,
3) The request of the FBI director Comey to expand the Agency budget to continue the probe of the Russian Hacking of the election,
4) The subsequent firing of Mr James Comey from his office while he was in a trip, plus the reactions we have seen from the congress about it.
5) The inquiries of Senator Lindsey Graham about supposed leakage of confidential information about an advise of former Acting General Attorney Sally Yates to the President to don't hire Flynn, that went toward the Washington Post journalists.
6) The multiple Contradictions today emerged in between what the functionaries of the WH said to the media about Comey destitution in contrast with what the President expressed in an interview.
7) What The Attorney General deputy Rod Rosenstein says about his supposed suggestion to fire the FBI director, denying absolutely to have advised such a move.
8) The acting Director of the FBI Andrew McCabe standing in the Congress to claim that the agency has not handle in a wrong manner the different political investigations they have carried out along the last year, defending the integrity of Mr Comey and the probe over Russian interfering in the 2016 election.

Even thinking under to the most optimistic attitude these are so much clear signals that Mitchel of Nostradamus was not wrong at all, we are transiting a major political storm that is already running now with more momentum that Watergate in this same month of 1973.

The situation has arrived to a point in which the question is Not if any of the two events that we think logically match with his prediction are going to occur, since we have already destitutions and even people in WH circles willing to resign according with rumors that the media has caught , but how high this is going to continue its course and how soon the final outcome will be reached?

At just a little more than 100 days of this administration is really worrying to see the incredible waste it has already suffered under the wave of scandals is falling over it.

My prayers are now for the stability of the American Democracy since we are living in an extremely complicate chapter of its History, one that challenge the working of the institutions as was not seen in 44 years.

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 5/11/2017 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
As I said to you before, Angel, when someone is guillotined, his or her mouth, "swims in blood". Nosty also refers to a "Glave", which before the Guillotine, would have been a meat cutters' one bladed chopper. Many authors have nailed this as the execution of King Louis XVI. He, as a prince of Israel, had also been anointed with milk, at his Coronation.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: carpooler

Hi Dear carpooter,

If we follow that vague indirect way to relate with decapitation we could attribute the same quatrain with Charles I of England or with many more figures in History that were of Royal blood and ended their lives with a similar way, like Anne Boleyn,.

I think normally when Nostradamus point to somebody gives more specific hints.

Here a quatrain that it is pretty straight forward refers to the attempt of escape of Louis XVI

CENTURY IX QUATRAIN 20

De nuict viendra par la forest de(1) Reines,
Deux pars(2) vaultorte(3) Herne(4) la pierre blanche:
Le moine noir(5) en gris dedans Varennes,
Esleu(6) cap.(7) cause tempeste feu, sang tranche.

By night he will come by the forest of Reines,
A married couple, devious route, Queen white stone:
A monk-king in gray in Varennes,
Elected Cap, causes tempest, fire, and bloody slicing.

There has been really few elected Monarchs in History in modern times, King Louis XVI was one, the other
only one was Maximiliam of Habsburg, who didn't try to escape from Mexico.

How about this one:

Century III.--Quatrain 59. [Bouys, 55.]

Barbare empire par le tiers usurpé.
La plus grand part dc son sang mettra à mort.
Par mort sénile par lui le quart frappé;
De peur que sang par le sang ne soit mort.

Translation.

The rude empire is usurped by the third estate (tiers état).
It will put to death the greatest part of his [the Royal] family.
A quarter [of the kingdom] is struck with senile death;
For fear of retribution of death, from children of those murdered.

Do you remember the General estates that the Revolution used to classify the French population?

The third Estate was the common people, while the other two were the Nobility and the Clergy.

Thanks,

The Angel of lightness

edit on 5/18/2017 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I used to have a lot of belief in Nostradamus but It just seems so vague that they could be applied to just about anything. I think we are missing something to help make these more clear. If they really are predictions he wanted us to warn us about he would left something to clarify. I just don't see him sitting there saying to himself I'm going to write these predictions written coded text but not create a key.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: jholt5638

Dear jholt5638

Yes
I have heard along my life many people feeling like you, don't feel lonely in that position.

Now, we must realize that this man was publishing his predictions defying the censorship of the Holy Inquisition from one side, the untrust of his Hebrew fellows who didn't forgive his family for their conversion and all the intrigues of the courts of Europe, the multiple interests of whoever didn't like to feel portraited in his quatrains.

Those were powerful reasons to mask his predictions with a symbolic language that has been not easy to decode.

It has taken to me a life to be able to decypher their code to see the way his verses connect with the modern reality.

I suggest always to weight the adjectives he uses to describe a person and think who best match on them, in general he is very good to find a unique attribute to help us to characterize about whom he is writing.

Thanks

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 5/19/2017 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: jholt5638

Nostradamus used water bowl scrying (I suppose) and the Astrology positions to bring about his visions into the collective-conscienceness /Noosphere/ Hall-of-Records

just as earlier 'Prophets' had to verbalize futuristic equipment/ battle gear/ and other 'normal things' for the future ...
the prognosticator, or Seer was almost like the proverbial blind-men who were positioned all around an elephant and only touching one part of the animal came to wrong conclusions
SEE:

Blind men and an elephant

The story of the blind men and an elephant originated in the Indian subcontinent from where it has widely diffused. It is a story of a group of blind men who touch an elephant to learn what it is like. Each one feels a different part, but only one part, such as the side or the tusk. They then compare notes and learn that they are in complete disagreement.
...do a Wikipedia search for the amusing story

the Nostradamus quatrains are not meant as final outcomes, it is up to the individual to seek deeper knowledge by using any particular forecast as a base-line for seeking deeper insight by your own method of discovering access to Scrying/divination/remote-viewing/astral-projection/trance in the Hall-of-records, et al

~there is the reality, the Nostradamus time of inquiry of the future time/event was too obscure to come to a definitive outcome, as free-will & choice was still a strong influence to the final conclusion of the future event...

just trying to present the further factors that seem to have fallen by the wayside

edit on th31149528464120502017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on th31149528486820542017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep in mind when looking at them. I really want to believe that this life isn't just all random chance. That there is some purpose even if it is a vague outline.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I disagree with your take. A quatrain has to be fulfilled, before you can understand it. They are anchored in concrete events. Real Prophecies cannot be messed with. That's called Participant Fulfillment, and it is a road to disaster.

Mussolini was a student of Nostradamus, but Nosty didn't appreciates his attacking France in the South, after the Germans occupied the North. So Nosty wove a trap, which worked like a charm. I'l Duce was afraid of going to Spain, because of someone called the "jeune Selin". So he went went with a German Column, going home to Austria. The Partisans grabbed Mussolini and shot him at Dongo. Selin, in Mussolini's understanding, meant anyplace once under Muslim Control. Nosty constructed a redo of the Biblical story of the Death of King Saul. In Benito's case, it was the grisly photos of him hanging upside down in Milano, It. Milan was occupied at the time by the U.S. Army, so the Stars and Stripes were flying overhead. Using English, under our Flag, means writing Mussolini's name, as Muslin Maker.

Getting rid of one of the two capital M's gives Muslim Faker, or Faked Muslim. This is the French Legend of Anagrams, which determines your fate, by anagrams of your name. Benito didn't need to worry about Spain, he needed to worry about Nostradamus. So, even when you're sure that you have avoided one of these pit falls, a true prophecy will rise up and grab your A#$. Case in point, try all of the anagrams for Donald John Trump. Nosty makes this simpler by taking out capital M's and putting them back on his book's cover. So you do have to judge his book by it's cover.

If Mussolini ( Muslin Maker), had understood to take out the two capital M's in Mis et Mal, ( Sattlers ), he wouldn't have been running off to any Austrian Salt mines, where there are still scads of Sattlers in the Salt mining areas. But in the end, it was one recalcitrant, American Sgt. Sattler, who took his death photos, and later had them published in Look Magazine's 1950 WWII Commemorative Issue.

Nosty is a bit of a Cubist, in that subtracting Q. 31 from C. VII, & VIII, ( 78), gives 47, which gives 1947, the birth year of both Bobbie S. and me. 4 + 7 gives 11, and we were both in our eleventh years, when Bob brought his dad's grisly photos to our Fifth Grade classroom. So in a Cubist sense, everything , including the missing time between 1945, and 1957, is right there in front of your eyes.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join