It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim teenager repeats #Blacklivesmatter 100 times on Stanford application and is accepted

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

No, but I would put his app on the bottom. I would not want to turn the app process into a one upsmanship world of crap.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
i feel like everyone is angry, but everyone is afraid of saying exactly 'why' they're angry...

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I heard white privilege, kill whites, no whites allowed and no justice no peace. Sounds like some are saying exactly what is on their mind.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

No, but I would put his app on the bottom. I would not want to turn the app process into a one upsmanship world of crap.

Do you not agree then that by finding out his previous academic work to be unqualified for Stanford would only reinforce the validity of your OP?

If he has issues, which he clearly does, AND is entirely too stupid to join Stanford, it would stand to reason the only reason he is there is due to his political stance and perhaps even more interestingly, his ties to HRC?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
And thus a star was born! lol!

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

If he can't fill out an app properly, should he be admitted? Or do we let anything go?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
i feel like everyone is angry, but everyone is afraid of saying exactly 'why' they're angry...

Perhaps it has to do with watching others handed free rides that our kids will have to work their asses off to earn. Oooohhhh, somebody picked the right god to worship so they get a freebie or they were born with a certain genetics so here ya go, champ. I'd be equally pissed off if the dude's name was "Bobby Smith" and he was given a free pass for writing "Praise Jesus" as his answer to every question. (not that such a scenario would ever happen, of course. That application would see the trashcan within seconds of being opened.)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

So-called Ivy Leagues appear to have given up all pretense of having academic standards. Between this and legacy students and inflated fees... I'd also trust what a Muslim kid says about racism against black Americans being a problem about as much as I'd trust eating from a leaking tin can.
edit on 4-4-2017 by Jessica6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

If he can't fill out an app properly, should he be admitted? Or do we let anything go?

You didn't answer my question, and more importantly dont question his ties to RHC and the possibility that is why he was admitted.

You might be missing the most important part of this whole deal, and wilfully so.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Oh, goodness. What was your question?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
So racial hate is the free ticket to liberal college, as long as it's hating whitey.
edit on 4-4-2017 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Obama is a 'constitutional scholar'. That's all you need to know about 'higher education'.
edit on 4-4-2017 by craterman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I bet this guy will make a great lawyer.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

If, however, i were looking for an abstract thinker with a penchant for tackling social issues, this is the dude i'd pick hands down.

Writing down #blacklivesmatter 100 time is not tackling social issues. All its doing is wasting ink.

Nor does it show abstract thinking. You could train 5 year old to write the same sentence 100 times.

I wrote bonjor 100 times in my french exam to show my disdain for being forced to learn french instead of Spanish in high school. Should I have recieved a A?

So you and I are in agreement that the people running our universities are mostly educated idiots?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
is this real life.....

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

If, however, i were looking for an abstract thinker with a penchant for tackling social issues, this is the dude i'd pick hands down.

Writing down #blacklivesmatter 100 time is not tackling social issues. All its doing is wasting ink.

Nor does it show abstract thinking. You could train 5 year old to write the same sentence 100 times.

I wrote bonjor 100 times in my french exam to show my disdain for being forced to learn french instead of Spanish in high school. Should I have recieved a A?

So you and I are in agreement that the people running our universities are mostly educated idiots?

Well some academic was stupid enough to give me a degree so yeah educated idiots

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
In answer to your question any and I mean any descent university abhors and detests Plagiarism. Get that word?
He used a common statement Black Lives Matter 100 times, that's known as Plagiarism. ie he didn't use his own intellect to form a coherent answer to the posed question just parroted a well known statement.
That in my opinion shows a lack of intellect not a clever or appropriate answer to the question.
But if you know what the questioner wants to hear and it can be any BS your in.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I would hope Stanford is looking for someone whom they feel will be reasonably certain to be able to handle the course load and academic rigor.

Considering the cost of a single semester of school at a place like Stanford, I'd hope a student does more than show to make the campus virtue signal assured and then end up flunking out with a ton of debt and no prospects to show for it all.

Maybe he won't, but if he goes into SJW courses, he'll simply end up with four years of debt and a fairly worthless "studies" degree that qualifies him to work at some non-profit where he'll never make enough to pay down his loan bills.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Reminds me of a story I heard off a Philosphy lecturer once which may have been apocryphal.
For the final exam, the student was faced with the following question.
"What is courage? 4000 words maximum."

His answer?

"This is."

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Inb4 Phage (maybe :lol
:

"Let me guess.
You wanted to be accepted into Stanford instead, but they chose him."

On a serious note, does this mean that I could get my kids into good colleges for doing the same, even with a low ACT/SAT score? Might as well play by their rules, right?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join