It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim teenager repeats #Blacklivesmatter 100 times on Stanford application and is accepted

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Stanford applicant wrote 100 times "#black lives matter" under the question of what matters to you.

When Ziad Ahmed was asked on his Stanford University application “What matters to you, and why?”, his answer was clear.

He wrote: “#BlackLivesMatter”, repeating the hashtag exactly 100 times to highlight the excessive use of police force which disproportionately kills black men and women.

Everyone who received Ziad Ahmed application was inspired by his passion, determination accomplishments and heart, and he is a fantastic match for Stanford, this is what his acceptance letter said.

www.independent.co.uk... 7665591.html
The practising Muslim senior high school student in New Jersey has since been accepted to the prestigious University.

'Misogynistic’ Stanford Business students' video axed by university

“Everyone who received your application was inspired by your passion, determination, accomplishments, and heart,” the acceptance letter read.

It added: “You are, quite simply, a fantastic match with Stanford. You will bring something original and extraordinary to our campus – a place where you can learn, grow, and thrive.”

Oddly enough he was at the white house to celebrate Ramadan, and has a glossy of him and Hillary. He also interned for Hillary's failed pres campaign.

The Bangladeshi-American has already attended the White House Iftar dinner, a religious observance of Ramadan, and in 2016 he interned for Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign.

Ahmed also is involved in combating racial stereotypes by founding Org Redefy and agave a TedTalk about being a Muslim teen in the US.

Mr Ahmed is also involved in combating racial stereotypes, as the founder of teen organisation Redefy and the co-founder of the youth-focused consultancy firm JÜV Consulting.

In 2015 the 18-year-old gave a TedxTalk in Panama about what it was like to be a Muslim teenager in the US.

www.independent.co.uk... .html
edit on 4-4-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Sounds like discrimination to me.

He should have been automatically given a doctorate, and then immediately given a high paying tenured teaching position at this prestigious institute of higher learning.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

What are his academic qualifications?

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

Right there in the OP. He's muslim and a liberal. Stanford material apparently.

link   
a reply to: nightbringr

#BlackLivesMatter

You racist pig.

+2 more 
link   
Promoting stupidity knows no bounds. Society is definitely degrading to the point of no return. Sad times indeed.

Where is that dang asteroid? It should be here by now... UgH.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Who said he needed any?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Beyond that.

If we are going to pick this apart, let's see if he even has the schooling required to be accepted. Wouldn't it be even more telling if he is accepted, while others with much better credentials, yet not the 'correct' cultural upbringing are not?

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

There were probably quite a few Asians who had better qualifications.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Beyond that.

If we are going to pick this apart, let's see if he even has the schooling required to be accepted. Wouldn't it be even more telling if he is accepted, while others with much better credentials, yet not the 'correct' cultural upbringing are not?

Why would you think that isn't the case, it's textbook affirmative action.

I'm not saying he's completely unqualified, but I'm sure there are plenty of applicants with better credentials that may have "lost points" due to their inability to score any points in the social justice categories.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

He should have been automatically given a doctorate, and then immediately given a high paying tenured teaching position at this prestigious institute of higher learning.

That will come after only being required to attend, no work need be submitted. He was in the White House with Hillary as stated. He is tenured for life, Trophy Student

#IMatter
#IMatter

cant be bothered doing it a 100 times

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Beyond that.

I'm not saying he's completely unqualified, but I'm sure there are plenty of applicants with better credentials that may have "lost points" due to their inability to score any points in the social justice categories.

And i agree there are probably many others much more qualified.

But shouldn't we find out if that's the case, or do you simply not care? Hang 'em high, we don't need no stinking facts!

Ps. While itoo doubt it, this kid might be a brilliant, straight A student.
edit on 4-4-2017 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The plague of Affirmative action in progress.

Once great universities will be reduced to centers of idiocy in the name of "diversity".

Also if black lives matter so much, why are blacks more likely to be killed by other blacks? Seems to me they need to start within there own community....

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

The story mainly talks about all his community work.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Would you say that writing over and over #blacklivesmatter is a positive or a negative?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Its a social issue that he's passionate about.

It appears the rest of his application reflected a solid student. That is really where the measurement is.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Beyond that.

And i agree there are probably many others much more qualified.

But shouldn't we find out if that's the case, or do you simply not care? Hang 'em high, we don't need no stinking facts!

Ps. While itoo doubt it, this kid might be a brilliant, straight A student.

I personally don't care, it's a logical conclusion that there was atleast one applicant with better qualifications. It's a statistical probability.

I don't need to know that in order to form my opinion on his application. Which to me, sounds like it was incomplete or misunderstood. Writing the hashtag of a "social movement" 100 times is not really answering a question.

He may very well be brilliant, however someone who is brilliant, who harbors genuine intellectual thought and wonderment should be able to exist beyond(above) such an obviously shallow ploy as this "movement".

Hell, by the time he graduates BLM probably won't even be a thing anymore.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Its a social issue that he's passionate about.

It appears the rest of his application reflected a solid student. That is really where the measurement is.

He may be passionate. But it is a top university, as such I would expect more than #Blacklives matter.

I would want a reason WHY he is passionate about that and HOW he wants to adress such a perceived problem.

Not just repeating a libral slogan 100 times like anyone could do.

I would of thrown his application in the bin and given the position to some who can read and awnsers a application queation correctly.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The rest of the application showed someone who is concerned about racism. I didn't see too much about grades, this is what usually helps determine eligibility.

I think the 100BLM's was an incomplete app. If I receive an app that is not complete, to the bottom of the pile it goes.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Agree, app not complete. When I receive apps if they are not done, they go to the bottom of the pile.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join