It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump asks Congress to cut $18 billion this year for his Mexico border wall

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The Great Wall of China worked extremely well. It only failed twice in 2000 years. The first time when Genghis Khan breached it in the 1200s who set up the Yuan dynasty. The second time when Ming traitors opened the gates and let in the Manchus who set up the Qing dynasty.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

So it did not work then considering it failed twice?

And that's just when it was breached, you do relies persistently minded people could pretty much scale the thing in darkness undetected and be on there way thus somewhat negate its effectiveness.

What happens when Americans traitors or otherwise decide to do the same and open the gates?

I just think you should construct something worthwhile but "que sera sera" i suppose.

edit on 4-4-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Or would could create a small, inexpensive task force in conjunction with the Mexican government and come up with 20 or so key targets/reasons that people migrate to the USA from Mexico and take a few billion dollars from the wall (this idea is much cheaper) and start working on that.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Gee... and nothing has changed since then huh?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

$434 million to eliminate a program to encourage community service among senior citizens

what a terrible waste of money,how long have the tax payers been footing the bill for that nonsense?

434 million to tell old people to go out and do free work, after they have spent their whole lives working, now retired and trying to survive off of their ever dwindling retirement funds.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

You're really justify Trump's Wall because ancient Chinese built a wall that took over 200 years to build and only failed twice? So by your logic, Trump's Wall will not fail or at best, only fail twice because ancient China?

edit on 4-4-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Oh you're paying for the wall alright. Sure sure, you'll supposedly get your money back from Mexico. I mean you'll get it back right?

Republicans don't seem eager to go to the mat to finance President Trump's border wall with Mexico, at least in the stopgap spending bill that must pass by April 28 to avoid a government shutdown. Still, on Tuesday, the White House sent Congress a request for an immediate cut of $18 billion from domestic programs to pay for the wall, The Associated Press reports, citing a Capitol Hill aide who described the unreleased documents.

The requested cuts reportedly include $1.2 billion from National Institutes of Health medical grants, $1.5 billion from community development grants, $500 million from a transportation grant program, $434 million to eliminate a program to encourage community service among senior citizens, and $372 million from heating subsidies for the poor.

theweek.com...

Priorities I suppose. This is Trump's signature policy. It'll cost you though. I don't believe for a second that we're getting the money back from Mexico. I don't think even the Trump administration has a plan to get this money back. It's going to cost the American tax payer a fortune and it's going to hit the pockets of middle and lower class people in so many ways. All this for a wall that is highly unlikely to stretch the entire border, and with minimal effect on illegals crossing the border.

On the plus side it'll create jobs, right?

Easy!

Get the money from these guys.

Ivy League Colleges Collecting More Than $41 Billion in Taxpayer Money, Report Says

According to a report Opens a New Window. compiled by the non-profit group Open the Books, America's Ivy League colleges’ payments and entitlements cost taxpayers more than $41 billion over a six-year period from fiscal year 2010 to fiscal year 2015. This is equivalent to $120,000 per student in government aid or $6.93 billion per year.

www.foxbusiness.com...

Like they need the money.

It would be ironic if Trump cuts funding from these lib institutions to pay for the wall.

ETA; www.foxnews.com...

redalertpolitics.com...

www.thecollegefix.com...

needtoknow.news...

www.openthebooks.com...

edit on 4 4 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

edit on 4 4 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

So it did not work then considering it failed twice?

And that's just when it was breached, you do relies persistently minded people could pretty much scale the thing in darkness undetected and be on there way thus somewhat negate its effectiveness.

What happens when Americans traitors or otherwise decide to do the same and open the gates?

I just think you should construct something worthwhile but "que sera sera" i suppose.

What part of "the gates are already wide open" don't you understand?

lol.

Trump should name it a monument to "humanity's inhumanity to man"

The progs would be climbing over each other to help build it.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It would cost so much less to go after the corporations (etcetera) that employ the undocumented workers/immigrants than to build this silly wall...

...You do understand that Trump has y'all looking the wrong way don't you?...

Picking on the weak when it's the strong getting stronger from employing the weak. All BS from the start, wall ain'ty gonna happen and wasn't ever because it goes against the interests of people like himself.

Those jobs that Cheeto Von Tweeto promised to create will be the one's they're no longer here to do and will be mechanized away cuz y'all don't want to do them anyaway.

Bizzzzzznezzzz Dooooooouche!.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

You're really justify Trump's Wall because ancient Chinese built a wall that took over 200 years to build and only failed twice? So by your logic, Trump's Wall will not fail or at best, only fail twice because ancient China?

China wall

Trump wall

And drones incase the wall fails

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Well since the Rio Grand river is right where the boarder wall is supposed to go and we can't build it on our side or we'll be handing the river over to Mexico and they won't let us build it on their side and nobody's building a wall down the center of hundreds of miles of river, I'm surprised anyone is taking this wall seriously in the first place.

You'd of thought Trump might have checked out the location of his wall first before trying to build a wall on water.

Because you know, being a real estate guy and having such a good brain and all. LOLOL

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The funniest thing I heard about the wall is that if they build it in the USA, then they'll effectively cede the Rio Grande and all the land between the wall and the river to Mexico.

It's one of the longest fresh water rivers in the world.

Someone hasn't thought this through, as per every other campaign promise the Orange One talked about.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
Well since the Rio Grand river is right where the boarder wall is supposed to go and we can't build it on our side or we'll be handing the river over to Mexico and they won't let us build it on their side and nobody's building a wall down the center of hundreds of miles of river, I'm surprised anyone is taking this wall seriously in the first place.

You'd of thought Trump might have checked out the location of his wall first before trying to build a wall on water.

Because you know, being a real estate guy and having such a good brain and all. LOLOL

I hear they have these new fangled things, called "boats"

Not sure if it's some black budget rumor like anti gravity but it's been said they could help.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Are you suggesting that they build the wall on boats that are on the river???

Great idea. You must already be part of the Trump Team who's working on these ground breaking problems.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

HAhahaa nah your not evil just righteous and I tell you my brother we can stand on that wall and laugh and laugh and drink are suds in the evening sun knowing how good it is to be american!

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

You misspelled border (no A in it thats another kind of border, like boarder) even so sometimes its best to forget partison politics and reckognize that a wall might actually help are country out why do the libs assume its a bad thing??

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: FuggleHop

Thanks for correcting my spelling.

The wall is a stupid waste of time and money. The purpose it allegedly serves can be accomplished much easier and more effectively at nowhere near the cost of building a wall.

Only someone who desires being treated like a caged animal or a prisoner would want a wall built on their border. I am neither.

Since you fear the outside world so much why don't you build a wall around yourself and leave the rest of us alone??

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

If I builded a wall around myself than how would I protect those I love? Im a protector. Dont you understand that? My life isn't all about me, me and me. Its about the bigger picture. I am hear to spread hope and love and protection.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: FuggleHop

So then build a wall around them too. But some of us don't want or need your protection from Mexico.

Have you thought about something less expensive and more personal??? Like Kevlar Vests??? Or perhaps a big dog???

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

The problem with your thinking is mabey you dont know whats best for yourself. Thus we have to take the initititive because you dont seem to know that there actually out there. The bogey men is real and he might be coming for you. When will you ask for help when its to late??

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join