It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Really Happened To The 2016 US Election Who Did It, & Why

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This is a blog by X speaks (hacktivist) that was retweeted by Wikileaks yesterday. It gives insight into hacking groups responsible for various hacks during the last US election cycle as well as other hacks since 2010 and explains the origin of various hacker groups. No proof is offered because to do so could lead to identification. This is a very long interesting (to me) article offering much more info and insights than given below. The author, a US citizen, is now in Canada. He goes by Commander X

So I thought some of you might be interested in another side of what is going on with these hacks, esp why and who. I have only taken main points from some paragraphs.

As I stated above, my investigation began long before the election cycle in the USA even got underway, and was instead centered on what I have come to call the Guccifer Phenomenon. ...

Guccifer is not a person – it is a Crew! Approximately six to eight individuals from Ukraine, Serbia, and Romania..

Eventually, I made contact with one member of this Crew whom I shall not name.
......While not affiliated with Anonymous, they were in contact with and worked with individual Anons and Anonymous Cells all over the world.... And certainly not affiliated with any Nation State. Of this, I’m absolutely certain.

DNC leaks...Russia did it but not the Gov

First, the hack and dump of the DNC E-Mail spool. We all know who everyone says did it, .... Instead, for me, the trail led to a Cell within the Global Collective called Anonymous Russia. This National Cell is managed by approximately eight individuals, six of whom have been arrested by Russian authorities since the election and charged with some extremely weird cyber-offenses. One member of this Cell managed to escape and is publicly seeking political asylum in Eastern Europe.

Podesta emails

That brings us to the Podesta hack and dump of his personal E-Mail spool. This was accomplished in-house by the Guccifer Crew. And again, this was strictly motivated by political hacktivism, in this case specifically, it was the NATO interference in the Ukraine situation.

he goes on to explain how he came to his conclusion on the Podesta hack

There are numerous leads I can’t discuss that led me to this particular conclusion. But one piece of public evidence screams out, and cinched it up for me as a Black Hat hacker myself.

Motivation

WikiLeaks and Anonymous, as well as the Hacker Underground in the West – are at war with the government of the USA. This war was declared by the USDOJ in 2010, and has been raging ever since. This is well-established hacktivist history.

Refuting IP addresses as proof

Then there’s always IP spoofing. An IP is zero evidence of anything, and anyone who is honest needs to admit this. As for code signatures, this may impress the average citizen – but a Black Hat will simply laugh out loud. We trade, sell, and steal each others code (and code from White Hats as well) so much that this is a ridiculous thing to try and pin down. I just busted open a random script for a payload I have in my arsenal and I counted code from five countries on three continents in one package.

Because Wikileaks found this credible (and according to the article they know each other well), I consider this worth consideration

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Forget Trump, this one bothers me more:

"So why then does the media or anyone for that matter refuse to acknowledge most of Hillary’s primaries and caucuses she has won against Sanders have all had voting anomalies?

Numbers that don’t match up, time and time again in the exit polls as investigator Richard Charin has found the poll’s don’t match up some by a whopping 10% or more."

Why even have democracy. Maybe it's time to switch to a STRONG right wing military style dictatorship.

edit on 4-4-2017 by dfnj2015 because: typos

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Obviously needs to be taken with a grain of salt but is very interesting. I like the twist that I hadn't thought of, the DNC was hacked by Russian citizens working on their own to protect their country. That is very interesting to me. So it seems the reason it was done was not to affect the election cycle, but to see what dirt they could dig up regarding US/NATO actions relative to the Ukraine and Crimea. Very cool. I wonder if any of the US native hackers would ever be so patriotic.

It's just really hard taking anyone who calls themselves "Commander X" seriously. Really though, so many cool pseudonyms to chose from, why that?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

The 2016 election was won By Trump and lost by Hillary.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Well, thanks for this OP. I guess it makes it a bit clearer for me to understand what the fuss is about and this BS CNN theme that somehow the Russian Gov't hacked the election on Trump's behalf. To me its quite obviously spun up to undermine Trump and to discredit his election. And from what I'm seeing, its working vis-a-vis the leftist hordes on the coasts I refer to as the "Coasties".

I don't understand why the "Deep State" Intelligence services, i.e., CIA, NSA, FBI are playing into and feeding this bogus story except perhaps because, not being a choice of the establishment, they don't trust Trump and want him gone at all costs, including their increasingly dubious credibility.

Trump one the electoral college vote for one simple reason! And Bill Clinton nailed it! Hilary neglected to follow Bill's advice about playing up to the redneck/blue collar workers of the mid-west/rust belt/coal belt. He routinely did and that became a an indispensable part of the coalition that got him elected twice. My guess would be she neglected to do this was because she just couldn't connect with those people and knew it.

Thanks again,
TonyS

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

Obviously needs to be taken with a grain of salt but is very interesting. I like the twist that I hadn't thought of, the DNC was hacked by Russian citizens working on their own to protect their country. That is very interesting to me. So it seems the reason it was done was not to affect the election cycle, but to see what dirt they could dig up regarding US/NATO actions relative to the Ukraine and Crimea. Very cool. I wonder if any of the US native hackers would ever be so patriotic.

It's just really hard taking anyone who calls themselves "Commander X" seriously. Really though, so many cool pseudonyms to chose from, why that?

The Ukraine/Nato reason was given a one motivating factor for the Guccifer group. The Russia anon group that hacked the DNC was so supportive of Russia they were arrested and imprisioned.

Read the article...user names are discussed. All are impressed with the Guccifer name.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

WikiLeaks and Anonymous, as well as the Hacker Underground in the West – are at war with the government of the USA.

Well, NO - - I'd say they are at war with Hillary and the DNC.

As the info presented is one sided.

WHY?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I like the twist that I hadn't thought of, the DNC was hacked by Russian citizens working on their own to protect their country. That is very interesting to me.

Me too.

Putin clearly did not want Hillary in charge.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I find it very interesting that you bring this up. Russia is known to get it's citizen's working so that they can state "It was not a state-worker from Russia.
This is what Russia did when they went to war with Georgia and Estonia. Both counties were hit with crippling DDOS attacks but it was non-state actors from Russia. Because of the way you have to attribute the attacks with a country before you can attack this allows them to attack without the "country" being the one to do it.

"It's not us, it's our citizens. They are that unhappy with you." And that is all they need to walk away without repercussions.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
What really happened is that half the people voted for a non-politician because they are sick of do nothing politicians who live the high life off our backs.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I like the twist that I hadn't thought of, the DNC was hacked by Russian citizens working on their own to protect their country. That is very interesting to me.

Me too.

Da it would seem comrade that putin has the same mindset as most americans considering hillary lost the election!

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy

Me too.

Da it would seem comrade that putin has the same mindset as most americans considering hillary lost the election!

Most voters voted for Hillary.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Not in places where it mattered.

Hillary is blue.

edit on 4-4-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

WikiLeaks and Anonymous, as well as the Hacker Underground in the West – are at war with the government of the USA.

Well, NO - - I'd say they are at war with Hillary and the DNC.

As the info presented is one sided.

WHY?

Hillary is a Globalist as are members of the establishment GOP. Putin isn't dancing to the tune of the Globalists in ways they like. Ergo, they were a threat and Hillary was the candidate most likely to continue the Globalist power games.

Sadly, they've most likely only bought themselves a temporary reprieve as have those of us in this country.

The fever pitch of yelling by the left indicates that those of us who resist are in for a world of vengeance when this brief reprieve is done.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
As they stated in the article, it is a shared hatred for the US, it's meddling in other countries and the killing of innocents. There is also mention collaboration with western hackers. The current wikileaks is gov directed...NSA, CIA etc. The gov put itself in this position both repub and dem.

Having a little trouble understanding why some are unable to see and put the focus there.

Personally, I believe they have opened more eyes then all the multitude of CT and prior leaks combined.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy

Me too.

Most voters voted for Hillary.

California voted for Hillary. Up until the popular California returns came in, the popular vote was Trump's as well.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

So you don't understand population density?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Annee

Not in places where it mattered.

Hillary is blue.

Response was to "most Americans considering Hillary lost the election".

Not true.

Hillary won popular vote.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And in what way does that change the final count?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: ketsuko

And in what way does that change the final count?

Only in pointing out that we have the EC for a reason.

How you can look at the electoral map of counties and then say most Americans as though those tiny blue areas somehow deserve to rule all the rest of us is beyond me.

California has its say with 55 electoral votes, and it wasn't enough to outweigh all the 3 vote states like Wyoming and others who did not want Hillary. Face it -- Americans did not want Hillary.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join