It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media in full hype mode over gas attack by the Syrian government (allegedly).

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Syria gas attack reportedly kills dozens, including children.

Dozens of people, including at least ten children, have been killed in what is suspected to be one of the deadliest chemical attacks in Syria in years, multiple activist groups say.

Airstrikes hit the rebel-held city of Khan Sheikhoun in Idlib province on Tuesday morning, giving off a "poisonous gas," according to Anas al-Diab, an activist with the Aleppo Media Center (AMC).

The attack, which has been blamed on the Syrian regime by activists and condemned by international leaders, has reportedly left hundreds injured.

Just so I understand which events the media picks and chooses to try and agitate the masses.

An alleged attack by the Syrian government = tons of media attention.

Civilians killed by the US under the Trump administration = tons of media attention.

50,000 bombs dropped on Syria under Obama/Hilalry, 450,000 Syrians killed, millions of Syrians displaced = no media attention.

Ok, now I get it.

Syrian govt = bad.

Trump = bad.

Obama/Hillary/ISUS/"moderate" rebels = good.

edit on 4-4-2017 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
As it has always been, so it shall remain.

How many civilians have the coalition killed or maimed in Mosul? Shh, let's never, ever talk about that.

When we kill civilians, it's all collateral damage no less, when our enemies do it, it is always a targeted attack.

I'm not condoning the use of chemical weapons, never have never will, but let us have a fair and balanced approach.

No? Okay, as you were.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
TPTB still want WW3.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Syrian govet = bad.

Trump = bad.

Obama/Hillary/ISUS/"moderate" rebels = good.

Very good. Now repeat after me: "Mainstream Media is Always Right"

Seriously though, it's despicable.

The attack on UK parliament that left 4 people dead got major media coverage, but at the same time US-led coalition forces killed dozens of civilians in Syria and this got nearly no coverage. It's all about inciting a reaction - people in the West won't care as much about dead Syrians so the story isn't big.

They've got an agenda t follow and they are executing it quite well. The masses are blind to what's really going on and are being spoon-fed propaganda every waking second

www.bostonglobe.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

It seems like a false flag attack to me to get the US military to bomb Assad.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
TPTB still want WW3.

Sure seems that way. This is why I always say that the MSM is the single greatest threat to national security. Not only do they look to be wanting to start WWIII, but they also seemingly want to start a civil war in the U.S. as well.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

MSM is probably dancing in the streets.

They now can ignore and bury the story about Obama illegally wire tapping and spying on American citizens.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

OR to take away from the Susan Rice revelation?

Watch my right hand while my left pick your pocket.....

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
If you want to understand Syria, you can OPEN your eyes in the following two articles. I suggest not only reading them but fact-checking them yourselves. CNN are lying war-whoremonger shills. They are truly sick.

You can bet whoever did the gas attack it wasn't Assad.

Assad’s Death Warrant

Why the Arabs don’t want us in Syria by Robert F. Kennedy Jr

Assad isn't crazy enough, imo, to do such a militarily low-value move in the situation he's in. Counterproductive. Russia for much the same reason. So, the list of players gets smaller in my book.

The footage this morning made me sick and mad as hell, to see CNN lie and spin it and help propagate the true villains and more of the same for the petrodollar & mossad has me effing nuclear.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Watch my right hand while my left pick your pocket.....

While killing two birds with one stone: Trump and Mattis have cut of the TOW missile freebies to the "moderate" ISIS faction. Together with Russia we are a few short miles from wiping ISIS out for real and HELL NO the out-of-control deep state & their MSM propagandists ain't having none of that business and are having a hissy-fit of lies and narrative shaping.

Russia's not the enemy. The Deep State and out-of-control Alphabets are.
edit on 4-4-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I will just comment that first The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights is usually responsible for some of the ridiculous stories coming out of Syria, which is to say, one man in a flat in Coventry together with the wonderful Heroes the White Helmets who are always around when there's a camera, and second Syria seems to have more hospitals than the rest of Europe put together! Coupled with childrens' homes schools and pet shops ...they always seem to be bombed...not propaganda nooooo not at all !

Assad is not a stupid man, he knows he's being watched carefully and I highly doubt he would use gas especially as he has Russia on his side who I'm pretty sure wouldn't approve. Its just too stupid for words....the whole scenario....which has been played over and over since the "conflict" began in an attempt to provide evidence for any forthcoming War Crimes Trials against Assad and/or Russia

Back in November on the evidence of those glorious White Helmet Boys it was stated for the Western Media that Allepo's last hospital had been taken out, together with the last bloodbank and a Cat Sanctuary!
Just one of the many links available showing the non existent hospitals
Hospitals that never existed

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Exactly it makes no sense for him to use them.

He is winning now, he has a lot of support on his side and the USA is off his back. Why risk that all for a small scale chemical attack that has done nothing but kill a few civilians?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Just watch patiently and see the Lamestream media parrots flip it and blame Russia and Trump.....

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

If it was Assad he must have gave the terrorists and their media affiliates a heads up.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Voila...!

US warns it may 'take our own action' if UN fails to act on Syria chemical weapons attack

I particularly like the conveniently placed and completely unrelated photo of Putin and Assad shaking hands ...

edit on 5-4-2017 by Simonieee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Is your use of the word "Allegedly" supposed to imply that it didn't happen???

Or are you just pointing out the selective media attention about it as opposed to when a similar event happens by someone else??

I can't figure out if you're saying the media is lying about this happening or just pointing out the double standard in when they report about such things happening.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I think "allegedly" refers to whether it was the Assad regime actually being the culprit of the event. We saw this same thing during the Obama admin, and in that case the media parroted the same script. The evidence put forth during that time was more in favor of Russia's analysis of the event. The "rebels" looked to be the ones who perpetrated the gas attack at that time, but the media surely didn't report all the facts, as usual and spewed their usual establishment narrative. Even back then they were pushing for war with Russia, using Syria as a proxy.

Just after the last "alleged" Syrian gas attack, was when John McCain, Kerry, and Obama were foaming at mouth to send "limited missile strikes" on Syria. It never happened because there was such a large public out-lash. History repeats itself often, it seems many forget that quite easily.

I'm not cheering on Trump's recent "reversal" on Syria at this moment. I'm also not saying it's known for sure who actually did it, but I don't think the OP or anyone else is insinuating that the event didn't happen. We know from the past however, that things like this are often mis-reported. I'll go even further as to say that these types of events have been shown to be caused by the "deep state" time and time again in order to push an agenda of war.
edit on 6-4-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: oddnutz

Looks like a Palliwood or alphabet agency show then

top topics

join