It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

another alleged chemical weapon attack in Syria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Reportedly 58 killed. Allegedly a Syrian army Su-22 dropped a bomb containing sarin on Khan Sheikon in Idlib province. Syrian army said it targeted a chemical weapon factory in Khan Sheikon. EU's Mogherini puts the blame squarely on Assad before an investigation has taken place, which sounds fishy.

link

twitter.com...

twitter.com...
edit on 4-4-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The Syrian rebels (ie, al Qaida) have used chemical weapons in this war, too, so don't dismiss the Syrian army's claim offhand.

One report I read said that doctors suspect more than one chemical agent might be involved (chlorine + sarin). Which to me supports the idea that a chemical weapons depot was hit. I recall something similar happened during the First Gulf War. US forces hit what turned out to be an Iraqi chemical weapons depot, sending a huge plume of God-knows-what into the surrounding area. Many veterans' advocates think that some of the cases of "Gulf War Syndrome" are due to incidental exposure to those chemical agents.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

BBC says many of the victims are children... appalling

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Many of the twitter reports have heartbreaking pictures of gassed children many of which were asleep in a Hospital this is
shocking and there can be no excuses from Putin or his lapdog Assad truly shocking.

*IMAGE REMOVED BY STAFF*

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

twitter.com... ( Video )
edit on 4/5/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It's probably another false flag attack.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
geolocation

imgur.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Ever single bomb, rocket and shell blast makes huge clouds of toxic chemical smoke that can kill you, let alone the heat, concussion and shrapnel.

But who cares, lets focus on a little tiny cloud instead.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
here's a list of 54 victims of gas attack

twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
You know when I'm winning a war I also resort to desperate last resorts against innocent people. Because that would make sense.

This is the exact same crap that's happened before.

Terrorists attack poorly defended garrison.

Garrison falls, Terrorists make propaganda inbetween their rape and pillaging.

Syrian Army counterattacks, Terrorists run away and go crying to the SOHR Propagandists in London.

A few days later another chemical attack mysteriously happens.

Guarantee it's another false flag. The sooner these animals that the media calls the "Moderate Opposition" are dead the better.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka
That's a good point. The Syrian army has been doing fairly well recently. There's no reason why they would do something that smacks of desperation like that. In contrast, the Rebels recently launched a major offensive in the Hama region that appears to have fizzled out, and according to another thread indications are that the US is no longer arming the rebels now that Obama is out of office. This could well be a false-flag attack by the Rebels to try to guilt Trump into arming them again.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
The official Russia MOD story is SAA targeted a chemical weapons storage in the town that was about to transport chemical weapons to Iraq.

www.reddit.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

If that's was the case and there intel so proficient why not wait until they are on the move with the weapons before annihilating them?

Seems to me doing so would have presented a softer target and a hell of a lot less civilian casualty's.

Then again what the hell do they care about the lives of 50 odd children when 1000s of other poor souls die by there hand on a daily basis.

Fact is war does not discriminate, and nor do chemical or biological agents which makes the use of such simply deplorable.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
In East Aleppo when Government forces retook the area they discovered a rebel factory manufacturing nerve gas for home made mortar shells. The factory contained numerous sacks of Saudi manufactured precursor Chlorinate crystals.

After the Syrian Government kindly provided Green bus convoys for 8,000 Jihadists and their families to Idlid province, you don't suppose they just stopped making nerve gas does anyone?

It is perfectly credible that what was bombed was a rebel nerve gas laboratory.

Previous chemical attack claims rejected

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

If that's was the case and there intel so proficient why not wait until they are on the move with the weapons before annihilating them?

Seems to me doing so would have presented a softer target and a hell of a lot less civilian casualty's.

Then again what the hell do they care about the lives of 50 odd children when 1000s of other poor souls die by there hand on a daily basis.

Fact is war does not discriminate, and nor do chemical or biological agents which makes the use of such simply deplorable.

You should ask the Rebel fighters why they don't evacuate women and children to safer areas or for that matter why they manufacture nerve gas in inhabited areas?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: sy.gunson

I think we all know why these type of weapons are manufactures in or very near urban areas, just another despicable aspect that contributes to the carnage really.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Why do attacks in lighter-skinned countries get more attention than attacks in darker-skinned countries?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
A lot of sad apologists commenting on here and the wool is truly over their eyes. Shame on you .
Assad and Putin are as guilty as sin and independent reports from the ground prove this.
I have just listened to Mr trump on the issue and he is with me also and he knows like I do that this
incident again crosses the line of acceptability.

www.nytimes.com...

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump, speaking at a news conference on Wednesday, said the chemical attack against Syrian civilians "crossed a lot of lines for me" and changed the way he views Syria and leader Bashar al-Assad. "I now have responsibility, and I will have that responsibility and carry it very proudly," Trump said responding to a question about a White House statement Tuesday that blamed the attack in part on President Barack Obama. "It is now my responsibility. It was a great opportunity missed," Trump said. Abdullah and Trump are united against ISIS, divided on refugees Abdullah and Trump are united against ISIS, divided on refugees Trump did maintain that Obama's failure to respond to his red line threat "was a blank threat (that) set us back a long ways, not only in Syria but in many other parts of the world." The President condemned the attack as "heinous." "Yesterday's chemical attack, a chemical attack that was so horrific in Syria against innocent people, including women, small children and even beautiful little babies, their deaths were an affront to humanity," Trump said from the Rose Garden. "These heinous actions by the Assad regime cannot be tolerated. The United States stands with our allies across the globe to condemn this horrific attack and all other horrific attacks, for that matter." Video shows gas attack aftermath 01:23 World leaders expressed shock and outrage Tuesday at reports of the suspected targeted attack in northwestern Syria that killed scores of civilians, with one UK official suggesting the incident amounted to a war crime. Activists said the Syrian regime was responsible for killing dozens of people, including many children, leading the United Nations to replace a scheduled Security Council session for Wednesday morning with an emergency meeting. Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's military denied using chemical weapons and blamed rebels for the carnage. Russia, Syria's strong ally, said it had no warplanes in the vicinity. Earlier in the day, Trump had left the door open to new action in Syria in his first on-camera comments in response to a deadly suspected chemical attack in the Middle East. "You will see," Trump said when asked if he would take new action, according to pool reporters present when Trump welcomed Jordan's King Abdullah to the Oval Office. "These are very troubled times in the Middle East, and we see what happened just recently yesterday in Syria -- horrible. Horrible, horrible thing. Unspeakable," Trump said, later calling it a "terrible affront to humanity."

edition.cnn.com...

Russia blaming the Syrian rebels is a farce like they blamed the Ukraine for the hundreds of innocents murdered on MH17

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr F f F f

I wouldn't be surprised if Turkey or The USA or France or the UK or all of them if they can grow some react to this in an
angry way .

edit on 5 4 2017 by skywatcher44 because: Angry

edit on 5 4 2017 by skywatcher44 because: Shortened NYT quote.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Get ready people something is going to happen in the next few days and US is going to be on top of it.

The attack on civilians with chemical weapons will not go unpunished.

Today the UN had an emergency meeting, now the response will not be far off.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Get ready people something is going to happen in the next few days and US is going to be on top of it.

The attack on civilians with chemical weapons will not go unpunished.

Today the UN had an emergency meeting, now the response will not be far off.

The only acceptable course of action is to punish the terrorists for manufacturing these weapons.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join