It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens to you when you die

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: Woodcarver

In what sense are you speaking?
The word physiological.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: dfnj2015

I'm lost too.
Do you know what the word physiological means? Did you actively seek out actual scientific explanations for things, or do you actively seek out woo explanations?

I don't understand you. Are you suggesting because we understand how cells work that we have special insight into our death experience? I don't see the connection. The human brain is like a record player. Just because you understand the how the record player works, and you have a complete representation of the grooves on the record, you still can't hear the music.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

The biochemical-electric responses of specific organs?

I'm still lost.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

There are religion aside many potential causes for continuing existence of consciousness.

Parallel reality's, there is a view that a photon appears as a particle in each seperate reality but is actually more of a waveform, there is a infamous test with many explanation's called the photon aperture slit test which in at least this definition seem's to support the notion that some energy and matter is shared between parallel reality's.

Human consciousness seem's to lock into being a single state of existence when it observes something but when it is not observed that state exists in a grey area were all possible outcome's are equally valid, this is from Schrodinger's cat in the box analogy but if it is a real mechanism then there is something about the human mind that locks a fixed reality into place or navigates a multiple reality universe, this in turn suggests a level of parallel reality nature to the human consciousness, the consciousness (your awareness and self) is to the mind (your personality, memory's and life experiences) as the mind is to the body and if this can be shown to be emphatically true then it present's an interesting potential state of being.

Should your consciousness actually be a multiple reality form then it in turn may inhabit simultaneously other parallel version's of yourself, these would likely be in extremely similar reality and this create's a consensus kind of gestalt reality bending entity if you like, now if one of your parallel's suddenly dies does that kill you?, no but does it damage your consciousness, well it seem's not but there is another interesting potentiality at work here, if your conscious entity still exist's bridging that universe then the near reality's on both side's of it would likely provide a more than sufficient supporting structure to enforce it's continued existence even though it would to all intent's and purposes then be an ex corporeal state of existence in that particular reality, it may in time fade form that reality completely but it would never cease to exist and there is one more possible outcome, as the other body's die in the other reality's this multiple reality spanning consciousness entity may they actually gain it's support not from the body's it once inhabited but from it's own parallel state's, like a self reinforcing dynamic multiple reality waveform if you like.

This is not a soul I am talking about though you have to see the potential for a state of being to continue even after the death of the body in one or more reality's, if a soul exist's which I do believe then that is a higher form or container for this that may allow interaction on another level of realitly mitigating that excorporeal (out in the cold darkness) state of being and allowing an active existence on a higher dimensional state of being.

Counter question, if this is even possible and even if there were no actualy God being' (which I do believe in) would not at least some sentient race try if they became advanced enough to create such a state of being, to save all that information that would otherwise be lost and would there not also be potentially other entity's that would try to destroy rather than to preserve.

As for who am I, I have no name though one was attached to me, I am conscious aware and I am.

Purpose is a half forgotten dream that lead's me to a wall like door I can not open but I know there is something beyond it so perhaps that is my purpose to try to open that door and see or to create my own purpose in the shared reality I share with I am.

It's meaning is itself, I am that I am, it is but not without me for if I am not then it is not, I am that I am.

I may continue to exist, I don't believe in death only the falling off of the terminal dandruff called the body which like a dead hair falling from my head will no longer be me, I am and now it is part of me but I am and will always be.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I don't know.

I hope that we are released from our bodies to explore the Universe as we like. I imagine myself, at the moment of death, just rising out of my body and crossing the Galaxy, quick as thought, to travel the stars and see who/what is out there.
I'm not a religious person, because I just can't believe in a god that would let his creations suffer the way we do. Children being used as sexual toys, starving to death when parts of the world have too much and just the horrific things that go on day after day, when he could step in, let people know he really exists and this sh** better stop NOW.

Some say "Free Will"...I say maybe we have just a little too much if that's the way we're going treat each other.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

What happens when you die? You're gonna find out.

ETA: Without exception, everyone eventually goes there.
edit on 4-4-2017 by intrptr because: ETA:

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss

Personally, I'm kind of mad at the whole experience of life. We are living in very difficult times and it's not easy, cheap, comfortable or ideal to be here. And given that we don't really know what we're doing here makes me kind of mad.

If you have a mortgage and are using your computer or phone to type that out, not sure why you think you are living in some 'very difficult times'.

We have it sooooooo easy these days with our dishwashers, laundry machines, 9/5 work days and not worrying about starving to death every winter.

I submit historically, we are living in some very easy times.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

You make it sound like I will be disappointed. Before you can really die you have to be really alive. I'm not sure living in New Jersey qualifies.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: intrptr

You make it sound like I will be disappointed. Before you can really die you have to be really alive. I'm not sure living in New Jersey qualifies.

Were you disappointed when you were born? Al I meant was everyone does it regardless if they are 'ready or not'.

Hospice nurse:

"Everyone is meant to grow old, get sick and die. Sorry about that."

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I read a book on nanotechnology that said DNA sequences in your cells determine your age. And if you have molecular robots that were like a virus, you could reprogram all your DNA sequences in every cell flipping the age sequence back to when you were 20. Then after four months or so, after every cell in your body divides, you would eventually grow back to being 20 years old again. So maybe we can cheat death. A lot of scientists think we have already achieved this result or are very close too. You know it's true if a younger George Walker Bush starts walking around again.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
From the evangelicals:

"First, for the believer in Jesus Christ, the Bible tells us that after death believers’ souls/spirits are taken to heaven, because their sins are forgiven by having received Christ as Savior (John 3:16, 18, 36). For believers, death is to be “away from the body and at home with the Lord” (2 Corinthians 5:6-8; Philippians 1:23). However, passages such as 1 Corinthians 15:50-54 and 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17 describe believers being resurrected and given glorified bodies. If believers go to be with Christ immediately after death, what is the purpose of this resurrection? It seems that while the souls/spirits of believers go to be with Christ immediately after death, the physical body remains in the grave “sleeping.” At the resurrection of believers, the physical body is resurrected, glorified, and then reunited with the soul/spirit. This reunited and glorified body-soul-spirit will be the possession of believers for eternity in the new heavens and new earth (Revelation 21-22).

Second, for those who do not receive Jesus Christ as Savior, death means everlasting punishment. However, similar to the destiny of believers, unbelievers also seem to be sent immediately to a temporary holding place, to await their final resurrection, judgment, and eternal destiny. Luke 16:22-23 describes a rich man being tormented immediately after death. Revelation 20:11-15 describes all the unbelieving dead being resurrected, judged at the great white throne, and then being cast into the lake of fire. Unbelievers, then, are not sent to hell (the lake of fire) immediately after death, but rather are in a temporary realm of judgment and condemnation. However, even though unbelievers are not instantly sent to the lake of fire, their immediate fate after death is not a pleasant one. The rich man cried out, “I am in agony in this fire” (Luke 16:24). A soul cried out, "Living here in New Jersey is endless suffering!" (Pedro 10:22).

Therefore, after death, a person resides in a “temporary” heaven or hell. After this temporary realm, at the final resurrection, a person’s eternal destiny will not change. The precise “location” of that eternal destiny is what changes. Believers will ultimately be granted entrance into the new heavens and new earth (Revelation 21:1). Unbelievers will ultimately be sent to the lake of fire (Revelation 20:11-15). These are the final, eternal destinations of all people—based entirely on whether or not they had trusted Jesus Christ alone for salvation (Matthew 25:46; John 3:36)."

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Fact is we will only know what happens to us when we die, yes religion say's this or that, I've had many vivid dreams/few obe events​ about death and they're not all good or bad..

Being Dreams/OBE events, I've lived days (seems like that) mostly hours in our time, within other bodies between past/futuristic time zones​, yes dreams none the less they could signify what might happen after our physical death
or mean jack S**t.

It's hard to say what may/could/would happen after death, hopefully our energy goes back to the source to be eventually given out again.. Sorry for my rant.

edit on 4 4 2017 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4 4 2017 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Here's what I think:

Exactly what you posted.
:

And also, reincarnation until we get it right, learn how to be melted in, and not like a sliver of glass in the way.

And synchronically, I was just watching one of my favorite videos about The Detailed Universe and how we fit into it. For me, watching this video, even doing improv ballet dance to it, is pretty close to enlightenment for me......
especially when senses are herbally piqued.

Actually, came on the forum to post it as a thread, but saw the OP - and thought....PERFECT! This is what I wanted to discuss. S/F

edit on 4/4/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: MRuss

Sorry mate, but getting all scientific about what happens hen we die soooo misses the mark.

Human beings are in kindergarten.

Therefore, anything we think we know has basically been drawn with crayons.
Dying is actually quite a scientific process, there is nothing about it that science cannot explore.

I agree with the ones who are voting that we don't know. There are things that science cannot explore YET. But we are getting there. One day, if we as a specie survive long enough and focus on finding out the truth and how it all works rather than retarded behavior based on Bronze Age desert mythology, we might know. But right now, we do not.

There is lots of stuff we still need to ponder.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

The tunnel experience, The bright lights, voices, looking back down on yourself, feeling separated from your body, this is simply what you would expect from a brain that has been deprived of oxygen.

Tell it to that disembodied OR patient who saw a shoe lying on the flat roof above a window on a different floor of the hospital that could only be seen via aerial perspective......

PS....it would be so boring to think we know everything about everything already. We don't.
One of the perennial fascinations of being alive is discovering more and still wondering what else there is. Because ignorance. We don't know.

So, inventing an "explanation" is just that, an invention suited to the current available data. The Earth was once flat, remember?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Ill make it simple: Once this soul's-lifetime ends...it re-incarnates again to add or correct to the lessons learned this time around.

And so it continues...on and on...no matter the religious beliefs or no religious beliefs...until the soul perfects...which could be a 1,000 lifetimes or 2.

Bumping for truth ^

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

So... reincarnation.

Why is Bronze Age desert mythology "retarded" while Bronze Age jungle mythology is hip?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Ill make it simple: Once this soul's-lifetime ends...it re-incarnates again to add or correct to the lessons learned this time around.

And so it continues...on and on...no matter the religious beliefs or no religious beliefs...until the soul perfects...which could be a 1,000 lifetimes or 2.

Sounds like 'becoming'.
How does that feel? Not enough yet - lacking?

You are perfect and complete now!

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther
I didn't say jungle mythology was retarded, also didn't say it was 'hip' - because I had no idea what you were talking about. I was picturing the Amazonian Natives ......but now I bet that what you meant by Bronze Age Jungle Mythology .... you were intimating it would be India, right? Perhaps it was Bronze Age mountain mythology! Whichever it is, clearly they were/are far more spiritually aware than the desert-dwellers, for sure. The desert-dwellers seem to have the most strife in their lives. I've been thinking lately that part of the problem is that those people have to live in a FREAKING DESERT. Their chances of survival are less by sheer chance of geography/topography/climate.

It is rational for people whose environment is deadly hostile to be hypervigilant about the right way to live....about how to stay alive when any sunset might be their last unless they sing to the sky to please have it rise in the morning.

Jungle cultures are more about cycles of life. Hard to recognize cycles of all living things when you live in a sea of sand.

But, in either case, they're both retarded if they are unaware of OR REFUSING modern knowledge. It served its purpose at the time, based on what the populace knew, to the extent that they got scared and imagined there was something besides themselves (which ALL cultures have done - EVERY CULTURE has a creation myth).

The problem is that only few people are spiritually advanced enough to actually get what Jesus meant. He meant the same thing that Buddha meant....and that the Dalai Lama means. He spent his "lost years" (adolescence) in the East, in India, learning the oriental ways of thinking.

He came of age there, and returned to his homeland to try to teach them about it. Those are the facts.

The people he returned to, exactly like so many today, were unable to grasp what he was saying. The subtleties and nuances and allegories of the stories are missed by the vast majority of souls, who are not sufficiently matured spiritually, to actually "get it."

NDEs and OBEs are about as close as we have come, aside from experiences with unseen entities. To not acknowledge the modern researched FACTS about where he was and what he was doing and why they got pissed at him (he was talking above their capacity to understand) is to disregard truth. If one is unwilling to accept truth, they are willfully ignorant. If they are simply unable to grasp it, they are culturally handicapped. And if they just aren't old enough souls, and don't have the capacity yet, they are 'retarded' WHEN COMPARED TO OTHERS.

If an organism does not keep up with the current best-knowledge, they are retarded...held back...unaware. Kindergartners attending college lectures. "To retard: to slow down, prevent from development." That's why I said "retarded" -- we could say antiquated if you like. Ignorant also fits, but maybe due to learning capacity. I never could get calculus. Still don't. Have tried. Not my fault. Maybe some day.

Maybe in a future life. For now I'm apparently supposed to be concentrating on other things.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

You completely missed my point.

I'm not going to spell it out for you.

Wait for it...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join