It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Donates First Quarter Paycheck to National Park Service

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: xstealth

Token gestures to make it seem like he's keeping campaign promises isn't keeping campaign promises

Did we forget last week when he basically said about the healthcare thing.." this is what you're going to get and if it doesn't go through I'm done w it". That whole proposition he was trying to ram was HORRIBLE not even a bandaid to fix the healthcare debacle....and didn't he campaign to repeal it not patch it?

And what's going on w the wall? Mexico paying for it yet? Where are the plans? Is it a wall or a fence at this point?

I swear he could have made a healthcare bill that was Verbatim Obamacare, changed the title to Trump Care and his supporters would have eaten it up

His supporters are so in the bag for him they have lost all common sense or rationale

Actually we read the art of the deal, he's working. Always be willing to walk away from a deal, that's what he's doing he can return in a position of power when the Republicans learn that they have to pass SOMETHING or they'll lose reelection.

He also has to make sure the new insuranced people keep their insurance and pre-existing conditions get covered because if he doesn't it's a political disaster.

He knew the Republicans weren't going to vote for it the first time around, now the pressure is on them and the Democrats because Obamacare is going to 1 or even 0 insurers in some areas soon.

He will be able to make a middle of the road healthcare deal that'll make both parties stomach it.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Except they don't CARE if he walks away , that "deal" theory only works if you have something the other party wants....

Neither the dems or the republicans wanted what he had to offer , it was worse than what we already have......

And if your theory was correct then a majority of republicans would have wanted to pass it to keep their jobs....the opposite was the case they didn't want to lose their votes, passing something that was, again, worse than what we have now

Sorry that just doesn't hold water, that's why it was killed before a vote was even taken

edit on 4/4/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Token gestures to make it seem like he's keeping campaign promises isn't keeping campaign promises

Did we forget last week when he basically said about the healthcare thing.." this is what you're going to get and if it doesn't go through I'm done w it". That whole proposition he was trying to ram was HORRIBLE not even a bandaid to fix the healthcare debacle....and didn't he campaign to repeal it not patch it?

And what's going on w the wall? Mexico paying for it yet? Where are the plans? Is it a wall or a fence at this point?

I swear he could have made a healthcare bill that was Verbatim Obamacare, changed the title to Trump Care and his supporters would have eaten it up

His supporters are so in the bag for him they have lost all common sense or rationale

Yea, and all Chinese folks are great at math, and junk. Oh wait, I just generalized and entire group based on a small percentage, why, that was a bit ignorant, I shouldn't do that anymore. My bad.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

We pay for 2 white houses for every president and don't forget Camp David with a bunch of people doing nothing. The space in DC was rented before he was elected so it's Hillarys fault for losing. As far as the Park service and cutting waste I have to agree that it is a great idea.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: BobbyRock
a reply to: BlueAjah

Already A thread HERE.

And for the record, he didn't give up his presidental pay... he had to take it to donate it.....

Darn, I even searched!

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

As I've stated in the past, and made true by the liberal replies here, Trump cannot do anything right in the eyes of the left.

He could run into a burning orphanage and save everyone in it, and the left (CNN and friends) would run a headline titled "Trump allows building to burn to the ground"

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

As I've stated in the past, and made true by the liberal replies here, Trump cannot do anything right in the eyes of the left.

He could run into a burning orphanage and save everyone in it, and the left (CNN and friends) would run a headline titled "Trump allows building to burn to the ground"

That may be a fair comment, although I would say that Republicans would have done the same with Obama, but is that the point?

I thought I read that Trump had stated he would not take a penny in salary for his presidential role.... so that would mean he shouldn't have had a paycheck to donate, no?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Unless that said paycheck was made for the name of chosen charity: NPS

I doubt Trump's name was on that check to start with. Hence he did what he promised

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

That may be a fair comment, although I would say that Republicans would have done the same with Obama, but is that the point?

I thought I read that Trump had stated he would not take a penny in salary for his presidential role.... so that would mean he shouldn't have had a paycheck to donate, no?

Yea, you have a fair point...except for one thing.

The President cannot refuse a salary. He is forced to take it. It's not like state representatives can do, he HAS to take the salary.

That being said, he decided to donate it.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

No, the salary went to him, and he wrote a check to parks services. There is a pic of it, but I don't want to trigger libs more by posting it, because as usual he signed in sharpie.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

Yea, you have a fair point...except for one thing.

The President cannot refuse a salary. He is forced to take it. It's not like state representatives can do, he HAS to take the salary.

That being said, he decided to donate it.

Thanks for that (and also to szino)). So, without sounding in any way leaning to the left or right, he said he wasn't going to take any money out of government as part of the job so moved that money somewhere else in government?

Not criticising in any way, shape or form, but that really means the same money is going from one government department to another - doesn't it? Like I say, not criticising, but not sure it's an act of altruism.
edit on 4-4-2017 by uncommitted because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

I don't know what influenced his decision to donate it there. He did say he would let the public decide where to donate the money via a tweet, and I'll be 100% honest I never looked into that any further.

So either he said he would let the public decide where the money goes and didn't do that, or the public said into the NPA.

I honestly don't know.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
That's true he HAS to take it. then donating gets him a major deduction. I suppose they want to see his taxes again now so they can confirm he donated it .

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
That's true he HAS to take it. then donating gets him a major deduction. I suppose they want to see his taxes again now so they can confirm he donated it .

ROFL, that's an interesting angle!

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

deflection again...

...He hasn't run into a burning anything and/or saved anyone...

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

As opposed to any other President that's done so?

Oh...thats right....JFK was the last one.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Oh...and then there's the other pics...

And that one shows it came direct from Trump by the way...his name is on the check in upper left.

Funny how libtard media can make a case for a libtard story based off of one picture and their libtard followers will believe!
edit on 4/4/17 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Oh...and then there's the other pics...

And that one shows it came direct from Trump by the way...his name is on the check in upper left.

Funny how libtard media can make a case for a libtard story based off of one picture and their libtard followers will believe!

Interesting,

You're arguing the pix, but not the numbers.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
So...let me get this straight. Trump cuts millions from National Park Service and then Donates a few thousand. LOL

Seems Legit?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join