It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moments Around Good Friends, That Make You Feel Lonely

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Dear TrueBrit,

It's gratifying to know there are still honorable men around. Thank you.

Sincerely,

The Ladies of ATS

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Do you speak for the 'ladies of ATS then?
I'm interested in the definition of a lady?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

So odd.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

What do you find odd?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   

I do not consider it my business to label anyone. I have neither the right, nor the qualifications necessary to judge others. I am not perfect.

The only judgement I am free to make, is whether or not a woman seems right for me. Just because I may decide that a given set of behaviours are not what I am looking for in a woman personally, does not mean I have judged them to be a slut or some other horrid thing. I understand that there are more ways to live than the one I have selected for myself. But just as a person may consider themselves to have the right to have multiple partners, I consider it my right to require an exclusive and comprehensive bond with someone.

Its not a blanket judgement, just me expressing my preferences, as others have a wont to do with theirs.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

There's a disconnect between your social behaviour and your wants and needs. It might be a class thing.

My advice...stop propping up bars in seedy pubs with a gang of working class guys and girls.

Unless you want those people to mistake you for one of them.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Oh I agree completely, and made no reference to your rights of course. My comments were just an observation that with such a strong public opinion about the sanctity of love in a sexual relationship, you would deter most women in my social circles.

And @CJCrawley, my social circles cut through the social classes from chav council estate to millionaires and charity balls. Women like safe consenting recreational sex in all classes equally, and conversations are similar albeit more eloquently expressed.
The class idea and sexual appetite is ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

CJCrawley,

It would be no mistake to see me amidst working class persons, and assume I am one of them. I am, proudly so. I happen to stand on the principle that being working class does not dictate ones intellect or operation of the same, nor ones conduct and comportment in general. All that description tells a person, is which end of the financial and social strata I exist within. It says nothing of any other facet of my being.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Absolutely agreed, I know criminal millionaires with vocabulary from the gutter, and eloquently spoken guys with admirable integrity who labour on building sites.
The class thing is bull#, people are people.
And certainly when it comes down to basic urges such as sex.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Dear TrueBrit,

It's gratifying to know there are still honorable men around. Thank you.

Sincerely,

The Ladies of ATS

I am wondering though what the "honorable" part of the story is?

Is pursuing consensual sexual intercourse between single adults considered dishonorable?

Or does it refer to the part where he doesn't want her mum hearing the talk about the socially desired tapping of the daughter, cause I would consider that common sense.

And how gratifying is that knowledge btw?

I bet it is not as gratifying as actual sexual intercourse assuming you are doing it right.

edit on 4-4-2017 by BakedCrusader because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: BakedCrusader

If you cannot understand that there is something noble about insisting on proper respect being paid to a woman's right to choose, rather than be horse traded behind her back like a trophy, by virtual strangers no less, then explaining the concept to you will not avail you of better understanding than you have already.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Lol women have exactly the same conversations!
The whole 'lady' thing, what is that exactly?
Women who only have sex with deep emotional love?
Women who don't discuss what they are going to do with the fit bloke, and how they intend to reel him in?

Women are as bad as men objectifying sexually, I suspect that as your views are so strong the women in your social circles wouldn't dare admit in front of you how they really feel.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Your boys were simply inquiring if there were any romantical developments, seems a quite natural reaction, for boys and girls.

All I see here are coping and defense mechanisms at work disguising underlaying issues.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

No, they most certainly were not.

One of them explicitly said that, as a personal favour to him, that I should take the woman home (quite without reference or any respect to her personal choice in the matter) and have my way with her like some sort of fluffy Nosferatu character.

I make no apologies for believing that to be a shoddy thing to say.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

You are making apologies for whatever it is that is stopping you from getting with a woman. And you are seeking confirmation.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Come off it, are you saying your mate included thoughts against her will? Forced sex?
FFS of course the assumed consent was in his mind, or do you have potential rapists as friends now?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Read here a little while longer, before making any such assumption in the future.

At the moment, you are operating on far too little information to make your analysis worth uttering.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Off course you are going to deny the denial. It doesn't help that people who also realize this actually give you confirmation out of pity.

Sometimes it is more helpful to be honest than nice.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

What I am saying is that it was a bloody bawdy, ungallant and bloody low thing to be saying, regardless of what he bloody well meant by it.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Ungallant? Lol, this is the 21st century fella, we treat women equally, not given preferential treatment as if they are a separate human group of delicate flowers.
Gallantry is as sexist as it comes.

And I'd be surprised if any of the women in your group would dare tell you how they feel sexually, with your 18th century outlook.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join