It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

St Petersburg metro 'explosion': Multiple injuries after blast on underground in Russian city

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: worldstarcountry

So, to be clear, the man in black has been located, and had nothing to do with it?

I hope some people in this thread learned something from that.

It reminds me of the BLM supporter in Dallas that was carrying a rifle having his picture plastered all over the internet without any evidence that it was him. Turned out that guy went immediately to the police and had them take his rifle until everything was settled.

I'm still leaning toward Chechen/Daesh terrorists because of historic alignment between those two groups and Russian involvement in Syria.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Security measures are strengthened, but such as in the citadel of "democracy" there no and will not be

edit on 4/4/17 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The driver made the right decision not to stop the train in the tunnel, brought the train to the station, saved many lives. For this time 11 dead, 6 in grave condition. In this youtu.be... video 3.04.17 they say the subway is temporarily closed, mobile communication is temporarily not working. 2:30 found device

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
"His uncle, Eminzhon Jalilov, told Reuters by telephone that his nephew was a mosque-attending Muslim, but that he was "not a fanatic"."
REUTERS

Good to know - I can only imagine the damage a "fanatic" would have caused

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

So, to be clear, the man in black has been located, and had nothing to do with it?

I hope some people in this thread learned something from that.

Just to be more clear it was still a Muslim that committed the act.
edit on 4-4-2017 by Shangralah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
1Well considering all we have is a close-up still image whos to say who did what at this point?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Wow...much like the "civil war" playing out daily in America headlines, this seems like a calculated hit.

Who is fighting who in today's world? I wonder this. Is trump against rothschild/rockafeller? Is Putin? Is ANYONE on the side of us (the masses?) or is it just one big selfish power grab by any of those who can.

How many factions are opposing each other, worldwide, and where do their allegiance lie? And I just can't help but wonder who/what is on top of it all...untouchable and unperturbed by any "revolution" or democrat this republican islam that.

How could we the common folk EVER know the true motives and dynamics of world power.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

oh my god its rasputin the mad he still alive its true he can't be killed. just kidding , but this is a truly terrible event my heart and prays to to victims and there families i pray no one from middle east was involved i remember the stark warning putin gave isis about attacking russia and the response would be the glassing of their territory.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Shangralah

Way to avoid the consequences of your obscene amount of bias and phobia.

Never mind the fact that you were all in on the suspect who had NOTHING to do with the event, and was literally picked out because he was the "most Muslim looking guy there", forget that. Never mind eh? Its only weak minded and pathetic, its only indicative of a very deep problem with bias, a perfect definition of what is wrong with racial and ethnic profiling, especially the sort engaged in by those who lack the insight to make even a good attempt at use of a flawed way of thinking. Never mind all that, because at least the attacker did turn out to be a Muslim...

People who think like you do, are the reason I am concerned for the future of this species. A minority of idiots with explosives are not even one tenth as dangerous in the long run, as phobics and broad brush thinkers like yourself are.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Way to avoid the consequences of your obscene amount of bias and phobia.

Never mind the fact that you were all in on the suspect who had NOTHING to do with the event, and was literally picked out because he was the "most Muslim looking guy there", forget that. Never mind eh? Its only weak minded and pathetic, its only indicative of a very deep problem with bias, a perfect definition of what is wrong with racial and ethnic profiling, especially the sort engaged in by those who lack the insight to make even a good attempt at use of a flawed way of thinking. Never mind all that, because at least the attacker did turn out to be a Muslim...

People who think like you do, are the reason I am concerned for the future of this species. A minority of idiots with explosives are not even one tenth as dangerous in the long run, as phobics and broad brush thinkers like yourself are.

lol.. Way to grasp at any straw you possibly can to still try and be right.

I said it was a Muslim that did it and if it it rurned out not to be I would come say I look stupid.

But if it turned out to be a Muslim you have to say you look stupid.

So it turns out it was a Muslim and you still say I look stupid.

Oh ypu lefties just cant be wrong.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

By that token, you righties cannot spell the word you, so eager are you to take a pop at lefties.

That is approximately what I expected, but I cannot help being disappointed by it.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well, your mom is a nice lady. So there.

I think we all knew it was going to be a Muslim terror attack.

It's a religion that desperately needs the reformation others have experienced in their histories.

I just think it's a little silly to look at a picture of a guy, without even being part of an investigation to be able to know, and say, "That's the one!" when no such evidence exists.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Well, your mom is a nice lady. So there.

I think we all knew it was going to be a Muslim terror attack.

It's a religion that desperately needs the reformation others have experienced in their histories.

I just think it's a little silly to look at a picture of a guy, without even being part of an investigation to be able to know, and say, "That's the one!" when no such evidence exists.

Well when they realease a picture saying this is the guy we are looking for in connection to the bombing what are we supposed to think?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

By that token, you righties cannot spell the word you, so eager are you to take a pop at lefties.

That is approximately what I expected, but I cannot help being disappointed by it.

BTW Brit. Are you gonna admit to looking silly? Because it was a Muslim right?

When people start trying to insult you for an obvious typo you know you have won.

edit on 5-4-2017 by Shangralah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

That's a fair point. Generally I'm inclined to agree. But we're all a product of our experiences and while I do see your point I also understand where TruBrit is coming from on this issue.

On a previous post I mentioned the black guy with the AR15 at the Dallas BLM rally where the cops were ambushed as an example of how that kind of thing can go wrong.

This is yet another instance of that. Regardless of this being a Muslim attack, and while I am a harsh critic of religion in general, Islam in particular, it is still prudent to wait for data and blame the individual rather than the group.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I always thought you come off as a moderate center of the road kind of guy myself.

Yea so this guys history is pretty much out there. He liked MMA, smoking hookah, and hanging out at the bar with is friends. He was born in Osh, Kyrgyzstan from an Uzbekistan family. His family and friend say he never had radical leanings, law enforcement keeps claiming he had ties to extremists, but have not disclosed what those ties were yet.

His abandoned house on Osh is in a fairly po-dunk small town.

Is there anything else?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
[/post]
His family and friends say he never had radical leanings

Again, it's like they are trying to say his form of terrorism is the mainstream variety. "Not a fanatic", "never had radical leanings". Is this supposed to make people feel better about Islam? Because it's not working.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Here is a theory. What if this poor SOB just happened to be right where the bomb was and it blew him to pieces more so than anyone else. And with not being able to run with the first suspect, the Russians just went ahead and scape goated the poor bastard who was the most destroyed?

Just a thought. Russians can lie too, just like every other country in the world. So who knows. Investigators have still yet to disclose what his ties to extremists were, which somewhat has me wondering why wait?

I mean some of people replying were ready to shoot the first innocent person of interest on site without even so much as an investigation. Is that supposed to make me feel better about rational thought, because it doesn't.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Ok well this is sort of what I was waiting to hear about, those connections!

8 people detained in connection with St. Petersburg Metro bombing – official
"As a result of investigative actions taken by the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB) and the Interior Ministry, six suspects allegedly involved in the terrorist attack were detained in St. Petersburg and two more were arrested in Moscow," Investigative Committee spokeswoman Svetlana Petrenko told journalists on Thursday.

She also said that an improvised explosive device (IED) was found in the detained suspects’ apartments during a police raid, along with firearms and ammunition. The IED found by the police is similar to the one that the St. Petersburg Metro bomber is believed to have planted at Ploshchad Vosstaniya station, the spokeswoman added.

Earlier, six suspected Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) and Al-Nusra Front recruiters, who reportedly originate from Central Asian countries, were detained in St. Petersburg.

ISIS it is then.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Oh yea, I remember when Obamas Press Secretary threatened Russian cities last year in September. Both sides have experienced explosions, interruptions, fires, and hacking on infrastructure since. In fact, I have alluded that this was the case some time now. Tit for tat. Perhaps the recent Dallas Sirens hacking which occurred hours after ShadowBrokers dumped the key to the NSA spy tool and the day following the tomahawks strike on Syria airbase, was also related?? Just to show "how bad do you want it to get, your people panic quite easily" or some #. After the threat, literally the day later, there was a hacking of an EMS with a cryptic message of a train hours before the hoboken NJ train derailment occurred. I am proud of myself, I really do have my third eye open!

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
State Department Issues Vielded Threat on Russian Cities
“Extremist groups will continue to exploit the vacuums that are there in Syria to expand their operations, which could include attacks against Russian interests, perhaps even Russian cities. Russia will continue to send troops home in body bags, and will continue to lose resources, perhaps even aircraft,” #John Kirby, the State Department's spokesperson, told reporters at Wednesday's press briefing.

All sides involved in Syria are experiencing freak accidents, explosions and failures on key infrastructure . Spectacular explosions and fires in many cases. If the "foreign fighters, intelligence assets, imported volunteer psychos, terrorists, and/or rebels" under the influence of Western orders, and the west just publicly, unapologetic, alluded that they may attack Russian cities and down aircraft... well folks, all I can infer from that is that this is an unofficial declaration of war on Russia and is exactly how they are likely interpreting it as. Be alert for this weekend on a more official line coming in to play. Check the buried pages, this won't be headline. The establishment is not going to translate to the citizenry what they just said in an open manner.

We have just been warned. The countdown is now ticking...

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join