It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minor vindication for the world of conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Found this article linked on a favorite haunt:

Get Lost in Mega-Tunnels Dug by South American Megafauna

Surveying a 45-mile stretch of highway construction near the city of Porto Alegre, for example, Frank and his students identified paleoburrows in more than 70 percent of road cuts. Although many are completely filled with sediment, they remain readily apparent, standing out like dark, round knots in a dirt bank. Others are still open, like the one that first attracted Frank’s attention.

When Frank found a suitable passage, he squeezed through an elliptical shaft roughly four-feet wide, 65-feet long and lined with claw marks. Extrapolating from the original size of the hill sliced away for the highway, he calculated that the original burrow was about 250 feet long, not counting for twists and turns that it surely once included.

“There’s no geological process in the world that produces long tunnels with a circular or elliptical cross-section, which branch and rise and fall, with claw marks on the walls,” says Frank. “I’ve [also] seen dozens of caves that have inorganic origins, and in these cases, it’s very clear that digging animals had no role in their creation.”

For years i have read about smooth tunnels in south america. Of course embellishment creates miles long shafts....or maybe not. Deeper shafts created by different unknown megafauna could exist. Maybe worms or something.

blogs.discovermagazine.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

So... Sleestacks are South American??

VERY cool article.. my bad jokes aside.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Looks like the work of a big ass armadillo.
Wouldn't want of those things in the garden.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Found this article linked on a favorite haunt:

Get Lost in Mega-Tunnels Dug by South American Megafauna

Maybe worms or something.

blogs.discovermagazine.com...

The spice must flow!

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Quick someone call Kevin Bacon. He knows how to handle them. I guess Tremors is a real thing now? What's next a Godzilla sighting?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Great article. It's just so interesting to me that something like this can still be discovered at this time. These are the sort of discoveries that spark the mind. In the photograph in the story with the woman standing beside the claw marks, they look like they could be art work, or even some sort of proto-language.

Great post, thanks.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Like the Alien mothership...

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Eek! It looks like a close up of my belly button with two tiny men standing inside.

How many more men could be in there? Dozens probably. Maybe more...my 20s were a blur.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
in b4 annuknauki gold mines

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Eek! It looks like a close up of my belly button with two tiny men standing inside.

How many more men could be in there? Dozens probably. Maybe more...my 20s were a blur.

You're leathery

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

The main shafts – since enlarged by erosion – were originally more than six feet tall and three to five feet wide; an estimated 4,000 metric tons of dirt and rock were dug out of the hillside to create the burrow.

I would rather not meet up with what dug those. Can you imagine if those were not claw marks, but the tooth marks of whatever dug/chewed that tunnel?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

ha...no sh!t.

edit on 2-4-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I have trouble believing that giant ground sloths dug that. Animal burrows are usually either modified natural features or are about the size of the animal itself. This isn't the size of that animal... it's too wide and too tall.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I agree. I wonder if there is a yet undisscovered, large creature from the paleolithic.

The scratches suggest mammal or lizard.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Glyptodonts, think glyptodonts.
They are right size. There is talk of the similarity in body design between them and turtles. Recent work shows that tuttles shells and body plan are an adaptation to burrowing. Havent several glyptodnt fossils have been found rolled up in a ball, as though they had burrowed into the ground and died.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
giant Moles, not like that one on your back or left cheek the "blind" kind, that just gave me the "willies"

imagine the earthworms they would have to eat......

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: punkinworks10

Glyptodonts, think glyptodonts.
They are right size. There is talk of the similarity in body design between them and turtles. Recent work shows that tuttles shells and body plan are an adaptation to burrowing. Havent several glyptodnt fossils have been found rolled up in a ball, as though they had burrowed into the ground and died.

I've seen glyptodont fossils in the museum. They're about the size of a Shetland pony. Not that big. Those tunnels are larger than the hallways in your house/apartment.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Rodents of Unusual Size?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Quick someone call Kevin Bacon. He knows how to handle them. I guess Tremors is a real thing now? What's next a Godzilla sighting?

Godzilla isn't real. But the Flying Spaghetti Monster...

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

DUNE! Spice agony

top topics

<<   2 >>

join