It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian "Evolution"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Are their any christians in here who believe at least in part that evolution occurs? Catholics, pentecostals, baptist....ect. Anyone at all? I am curious to see how you rationalize the two together.

Personally, I don't think evolution in any way forbids a God's existence. However, it does mean that some of the issues in the bible could not be true. Coincedentally, these issues are the ones that seem impossible by normal earthly standards in the first place.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
There are many who believe in theistic evolution. Pope John Paul II has even voiced support for this, but it's far from a widely accepted view among all Christians.

For those who take the bible as a literal account of history, obviously theistic evolution presents some problems and may be rejected on that basis, but for those that don't take the bible literally, I'd imagine it's a reasonable explanation given the eveidence that has pointed to evolution.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
There are many who believe in theistic evolution. Pope John Paul II has even voiced support for this, but it's far from a widely accepted view among all Christians.

For those who take the bible as a literal account of history, obviously theistic evolution presents some problems and may be rejected on that basis, but for those that don't take the bible literally, I'd imagine it's a reasonable explanation given the eveidence that has pointed to evolution.

Yeah, I was hoping to get some catholics to attack evolution and spring that on them...... bummer.

In any case, I know that there are chritians who can accept them both. I just am looking to find out if any are reading this website.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I've done some serious thought on this subject before. I'm not saying that evolution is a complete sham, but that it's unlikely. I don't think that evolution is a good explination for the complex life structures that we see. One of my favorite jokes on this is "How did blood clotting evolve?"

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
evolution inside a species only.........we were created the thing that we are, and we can create new things. but we cannot on our own start from nothing and develop anything...

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
How can evolution do such a good job at the amazing design of creation and stuff like the perfect amount of gravity or distance from the sun?

Something like tastebuds, yea it sounds like a little example, but come on, how can so many different taste be so incredible?

evoltution doesnt have a desire for us to taste good foods.

so many other examples your own logic should be able to think of.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Alright, what about the whale skeleton found in pakistan. It had legs. Don't even bother with answers in genesis because I am tired of hearing from those unscientific christian preachers who many choose to follow blindly. Do some research on it yourself.

Why don't you go do the research yourself rather than having some church do it for you. Most christians don't have the education, intelligence, persistence, or drive to actually research things on their own (which in return is why so many listen to websites like answers in genesis. Go ahead. Look at photographs of the skeleton. Instead of disregarding genetics and dating and all of those types of things. Learn how the scientists did the research to come up with that data. (I love it how christians criticize science that they can't even understand).

Do it yourself for a change. I don't care what you come up with, but its about time you do it for yourself. Why is it that I know no-one will actually do it.......? Heres a thought, forget doing the research if you don't want to, and instead imagine for a second that you found the skeleton yourself. And scientifically you verified its age and geneology yourself. You knew that your work was accurate. What consequences would that bring a christian?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
There are many extinct species of animals. How do we know that this isn't just another case of an animal that was over-hunted, or died off during a climage chage?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Im Catholic and I love evolution! I love Genesis and I love Darwins theory! Genesis is a great story but it never exactly tells how God created everything. Thats where I think the Big bang(let there be light) comes in. I imagine if that there was a big bang then it would be quite bright. Genesis tells that God created everything in seven days. It never said how long that day was. Also it seems that the animals he created from the first day to the sixth day seem to coincide with evolution. Its all good. Why argue over it when we can just :w:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
seapeople- again i say male whale only!!! and this for a reason to hold its male whale reproductive organ in place ...thank you very much!

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
double post sorry! hey seapeople why dont you do the reaserch yourself, pack up and go to packistan! ooh wait that would be stupid ,why not just read about it,? well acording to you, if you read about it then you have not done your research...you my friend, have done just as much as anyone else regarding the matters that we speak of, you read and surf and think and are tought by people in your life! so enough with the do the research bit! we all are myself and you included! unless you are right now en-route to packistan!!

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth

How can evolution do such a good job at the amazing design of creation and stuff like the perfect amount of gravity or distance from the sun?
That's cosmology. Not evolution.

Something like tastebuds, yea it sounds like a little example, but come on, how can so many different taste be so incredible?
Because they taste good?

evoltution doesnt have a desire for us to taste good foods.
Correct. Evolution has NO desires. People who can taste food, are more likely to survive, though.

so many other examples your own logic should be able to think of.
I guess them evolutionists are just one stupid bunch.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninki
...and we can create new things. but we cannot on our own start from nothing and develop anything...

Holy crap! How come nobody told me about this CREATING STUFF bit? You mean i can actually create stuff?
Well the big bang is a tricky subject. Hawking is speculating on the whole "white hole" theory. There is supossedly all sorts of stuff coming outa white holes. So what if our universe came into existence becuz of a white hole?
Also why does the Universe have to have a begining. Time is not absolute.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Alright, what about the whale skeleton found in pakistan. It had legs. Don't even bother with answers in genesis because I am tired of hearing from those unscientific christian preachers who many choose to follow blindly. Do some research on it yourself.

LOL

Thats great!!
When was the last time you were in Pakistan digging up skeletons seapeople??
When was the last time you 'did the research for yourself"?
LOL

Now what you really meant was, why dont you read faithful evolutionists and quote them instead.
Yes
Thats it. Thats what you wanted.

Ive said it before, I will face you in a debate, the style of ABS, over these topics any time.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
And you will lose. I take your challenge. You cannot defeat logic with fantasy.

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.umich.edu...

www.origins.tv...

edwardtbabinski.us...

encarta.msn.com...

www.usatoday.com...

www.answersingenesis.org...

www.apologeticspress.org...

[edit on 2/9/2005 by Seapeople]

[edit on 2/9/2005 by Seapeople]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I have some questions for you Jake.

Did you read my post on the flood? What did you think about the numbers I gave you...my math was lying I presume.

How about my post regarding the past. I suppose God fakes the beginning of the universe to fit the christian perspective huh? That whole nebulae was a lie????

Your insane viewpoints continue to raise you to the level of Realoritt and Ninki.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Thats great!!
When was the last time you were in Pakistan digging up skeletons seapeople??
When was the last time you 'did the research for yourself"?
LOL

I believe he went to pakistan right about the time you were there to rightfully witness the miraculous dissappearence of the whale pelvic bone in question( WHICH BY THE WAY WAS FOUND! ). The author of the AiG article firstly uses outdated information. When notified to update, instead of pulling that article out he attacks the research credentials of the paleantolgists! How far can you go?
I was thinking, we should have a restriction on copy/pasting biased articles from Answersingenesis. It'll do some good to go out there and do some REAL research. ( Or go to pakistan like Jake)

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by I_s_i_s
I was thinking, we should have a restriction on copy/pasting biased articles from Answersingenesis

Thankyou!

I've looked extensively at that site [and the like] and much of the 'scientific' data is disinformation; facts taken out of context, simply omitted or outright lies. I don't understand how copying it has become so acceptable in a place that is meant to deny ignorance. The fact that it is permitted to be used spreads ignorance.

[edit on 9-2-2005 by riley]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
You know, I must say, answers in genesis has sure made its existence known well here on this forum as of late. I think that if I ever start my own business, I am going to hire their advertising agent.

That guy has made absolute nonsense be regarded...well never mind.....

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
so then we agree that seapeople has no basis on which to tell someone else to do their own research.
Glad we got that settled.

Posting sites that repeat fantasy like you did above proves nothing about truth and fact.
Im fairly new here, so how do we go about setting up a debate in that section of this website?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join