It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

which would be best? twitter or instagram?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
hello all. this message board is the only form of social media i use. im not into all the other #.

which of these 2 sites do you think would be the best to follow bands? when i say follow i dont need to know every little thing about them but i would like to know when musicians i like are releasing something new or are touring.
i have never used either of these sites so i have no idea which would be best. i dont plan on posting anything or even having a public profile. i just want to follow certain musicians to pretty much get their tour info...

thanks for your advice

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Depends if the musicians you like are on Instagram or Twitter, really.

What's stopping you joining both?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Twitter if your solely interested in tour dates, but if you want a more personal look into the lives of your favorite bands and musicians, Instagram for sure.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Depends if the musicians you like are on Instagram or Twitter, really.

What's stopping you joining both?

nothing stopping me i suppose. i just dont like being registered if i dont really have to.

i searched one of the musicians i want to follow and he does not have an instagram or twitter but there was a fan club type deal on instagram and it had all current tour dates.

knowledgehunter, i really am just interested in the tour dates but i could always enjoy a peak at some of the stuff they post.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

instagram might be the way to go

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Ive had Instagram for a few years but I'm not a picture person so I've never posted anything on it and haven't even checked it in months.

I recently got a twitter account and I like it. The direct messaging system is even better than my phone's text system. And I get less BS than on Facebook.

So vote for twitter, I'm pleased with it so far.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I only use twitter as a source for regional and international breaking news content. So do the MSM apparently, as four news outlets were soliciting for the rights to use a video of some of the scenes of the recent Capitol Hill car rampage from the man who posted it.

Instagram is kind of like snapchat I think? I don't know, I only started to browse twitter when the Operation to liberate Mosul began in October, but noticed there is a lot of content out there you wont find published in news, so I stuck with it.

I have thought long and hard about actually making an account though, mostly because I want to pitch some ideas to Donald Trump. How about, I'll make one if you do, and we will be each others first followers lol!

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I use Twitter to follow MMA, bands, comedians, runners etc. It's good enough and there's no need to verify your identity or use a real name. It won't track all your damn data like FB and doesn't pester you at all.

You can try it and ditch it if it's crap. Takes five minutes with an email address.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

I use Twitter to follow MMA, bands, comedians, runners etc. It's good enough and there's no need to verify your identity or use a real name. It won't track all your damn data like FB and doesn't pester you at all.

You can try it and ditch it if it's crap. Takes five minutes with an email address.

i think i will try that one
have a primo name picked out i have been wanting to use

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
so i have my twitter.
so on my homepage it will show the most recent posts or tweets from the people i follow? simple as that?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Yep. I have it on my phone too and get alerts whenever someone I'm following says something.

The website version doesn't alert so I check whenever. Great for searches too.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
scratch that
twitter sucks
i followed a few musicians and already had a gang of # on my wall but not from them. retweets@them

trying instagram

kadinsky
is there a way to only see # that is posted by the people i follow?
i dont want to see a million tweets by random people

edit on 1-4-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Maybe your guys are more popular than mine?!

The homepage is mainly tweets from those I follow with a few scattered in there that are related.

How about Soundcloud? Are your bands on there? I have the app on my phone and the few acts I follow send alerts. That's all I get.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

have not checked sound cloud.
instagram seems to be decent.
i dont want to wade through a bunch of tweets from random people.

i followed die antwoord on twitter just now and the first tweet of theirs i read was a link to their instagram...prob gonna stay with this

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I joined twitter a while back, I want to follow things like MUFON and NASA and a few others. Problem was retweets, my feed was constantly filled with pointless and unrelated retweets that I had to sift through. I ended up abandoning the account less than a month after creating it.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
oh man, I would assume there is some settings which would allow us to filter those out?? Has anyone tried the settings to see what they can filter??

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

I joined twitter a while back, I want to follow things like MUFON and NASA and a few others. Problem was retweets, my feed was constantly filled with pointless and unrelated retweets that I had to sift through. I ended up abandoning the account less than a month after creating it.

i got tired of that in less than 5 minutes.

instagram seems pretty damn slick. i like the way it is set up. very easy to use.
i like being able to see the pic and being able to quick on it for a quick description and comments. ive always been big on the comments. i get sucked in with youtube comments. if you can learn to blaze past the retarded # you can learn a lot.
ive been going through some musicians pics and seeing them with others musicians and checking them out.
kind of fun.
should have done this sooner.

(post by Michael7878 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

join