It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Pence Soon: Trump's Very Bad Terrible EO Signing Day

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Shamrock6

In my opinion, one can only ask why the media edited out the worst of it! I saw the whole thing, and now the total press conference can't be found without weird and awkward edits.

I think that means that this is really serious. They don't want to panic The People.

That's a great question: why is the media covering for Trump when they've been dogging him so hard for so long.

Sort of defies logic, eh?

I think because they realize they have actually gone too far, for too long, and they had better cut it out before they get replaced entirely in the coming times.

Too late for them, really.

Must not have been a very long-term realization then because they seem to be about the same today as they were yesterday.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: DBCowboy

So it was signed in private then?

The signing ceremony is just that, a ceremony.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
when you have the weight of the world on your shoulders and everyone seems to want you to fail, just so they can say "told you so" id have bad days too

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Us old people just get tired of the same old #tt sometimes and walk away. I was pulled into someone's self caused crisis Friday at work and just grabbed my coat and told them handle it and left. I can't believe your leaving!!! Not my crisis at lunch on Friday. Seen it too many times.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
What is at stake here despite the desperation to spin anything perceived as "anti-Trump" into something else, is the President's health.

Donald Trump is the oldest man to ever become President. It's an exhausting trial for younger men (or women). It's not a cliche that the office ages you, and any of us can see that Mr. Trump is tired and unhappy.

Let's address this myth that "the press is against Donald Trump."

Yes, there are outlets that have bias to one set of politics or another. Well known. Fox leans right, MSNBC leans left.

CNN has been mostly balanced, but I will say that some of their coverage has been biased against Mr. Trump since his inauguration, but then, Mr. Trump singled them out as being "fake news" so I can't say I blame them.

The negative coverage that Trump has received is certainly no worse than what Obama received, or Bush or Clinton.

So let's dispense with the idea that untrammeled war has been waged against the President by the entire American media.

The slightest bit of objectivity has to admit that Trump has brought a lot of the negative press on himself. He's not tempered his rhetoric at all from the campaign, he's pursued an extremist agenda, and he's done so with numerous blunders.

This just can't be denied.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: DBCowboy

So it was signed in private then?

I would guess so, since they are signed. Why does it matter? They don't have to be signed in front of cameras.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
What is at stake here despite the desperation to spin anything perceived as "anti-Trump" into something else, is the President's health.

Donald Trump is the oldest man to ever become President. It's an exhausting trial for younger men (or women). It's not a cliche that the office ages you, and any of us can see that Mr. Trump is tired and unhappy.

Yes, there are outlets that have bias to one set of politics or another. Well known. Fox leans right, MSNBC leans left.

CNN has been mostly balanced, but I will say that some of their coverage has been biased against Mr. Trump since his inauguration, but then, Mr. Trump singled them out as being "fake news" so I can't say I blame them.

The negative coverage that Trump has received is certainly no worse than what Obama received, or Bush or Clinton.

So let's dispense with the idea that untrammeled war has been waged against the President by the entire American media.

The slightest bit of objectivity has to admit that Trump has brought a lot of the negative press on himself. He's not tempered his rhetoric at all from the campaign, he's pursued an extremist agenda, and he's done so with numerous blunders.

I don't think there is a single non-biased news source out there. All of them rely on non-vetted "sources" that they claim are in a position to know things. I haven't seen any true researched reporting on anything in a long time. It is all about semantics and speed now. The "reporters" or "Journalists" these media outlets have are all spinsters and very adept at quoting out of context to get a headline without having any real depth to the story.

I mean, just this single Russian angle has changed so many times it makes my head spin. All they want to do is beat the other guy to the punch, and it has bitten them in the butt on numerous occasions.

I'd say the negative press on Trump has been the worst I've seen. It is more the "hit piece" stories with no basis that get on my nerves, especially when just some basic research shows they are incorrect.

And yes, Trump has brought a lot of the negative press on himself, but I think this is by design. The guy is a master at publicity and marketing. The "you have to tear them down before you build them up" thing seems to be what he is doing. He has only been in office a few months and has PLENTY of work to do. The press is playing right into the mess though, by covering his tweets and whatnot. He and his team know this and are using it to their advantage. They are gaining intel on the public and government through the discerning of these small messages and getting immediate responsiveness. MSM is making these tweets viral by writing stories on each one when they come out.

Anywho, like I have continued to say, I don't think we will see Trump going anywhere for a while.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
This whole President thing is just a distraction so he can steal a spaceship.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Each one of the quotes you offered reflect a member of the press pursuing informing the American public no matter what the cost.

This doesn't invalidate anything that Windword is saying ... does it? If so, how does it?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Absolutely right. There is no purely unbiased news ... every moment of every day for most of the networks, and even radio and newspapers, are directed toward earning advertisement dollars. Semantics and speed ... that's a great summation.

Of course, I'm viewing what happens through my own filters ... so, admittedly, I may be failing to see bias because of my own biases. LOL. (Can't see blue writing through a blue filter). The most purely mean coverage I remember was against GW Bush.

But yeah, CNN especially has heat against the President ... I just happen to think they're right a lot of the time (NOT ALWAYS).

I've been weighing in my own mind our situation ... and there's just no good way out from here, although, I have to say, Pence doesn't scare me as much as some do, and that's even with the acknowledgement of his past anti-LGBT stuff.

Pence strikes me as ... stable? And maybe a little boring? Not bad qualities for a President at this stage of the game.

I'm not sure about Windword ... but I genuinely do have a real concern for Trump the man, the father and grandfather.

Up until 5 or 6 years ago, I really kinda liked the guy, or at least, I liked the part he portrayed in the media.

I'd love to see what is broadcast return to stricter adherence to the truth with reliable sources. However, to do so at this moment would could only result from massive government controls ... which would defeat the point.

Damned if we do or don't.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
He left because some jerk started yelling out random questions at an innapprpriate time.

He signaled to Pence to bring the orders to another room.

Some scandal.

Patheteic.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
He left because some jerk started yelling out random questions at an innapprpriate time.

Some scandal.

Patheteic.

His leaving wasn't the only issue brought up here.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
I thought the weird part of the speech was the comment about pense's marriage. it was odd and uncomfortable.

I thought it was weird, too.
Maybe he got word Melania is not traveling to DC this weekend? (i'm not sure of her current location)
Or maybe their marriage is on the rocks?
Whatever is going on, it was a weird quip.
edit on 4/1/2017 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

i'm glad i'm not the only one who thought that was weird. I took as sarcasm, because pense seemed uncomfortable.. who knows.

pense reportedly told The Hill in 2002 that “he never eats alone with a woman other than his wife and that he won’t attend events featuring alcohol without her by his side.”

trump and pense are polar opposite. lol
edit on 1-4-2017 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Some scandal.
Patheteic.

That is a lie. Major Garrett of CBS asked his questions after Trump said "thank you" and left the lectern, heading for the door.
What is pathetic, is your refusal to be objective. Watch the video, man.

Whether Trump's faltering was due to stroke, lack of sleep, or something else, he seemed physically uncomfortable. His jacket was open, while all the other men were appropriately buttoned up, and he was very red in the face. Maybe just sick with flu or something.

(post by TDawg61 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Actually he could just use presidential privlidge and not even go to those. All he has to do is release a prepared sheet of answers.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

What world do you live in? 90% of CNN is bashing trump and giving just a little balance to remain credible.

The vast majority of media from social media to snap chat news articles is anti trump

And if you think it was the same for Obama you're even more delusional.

Trump becoming president actually opened my eyes to just how far left the media has become and how easily they control the narrative to the American sheep

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

So now you suddenly care about him??? Give me a break.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

I'd never watched cnn until trump started vilifying them on twitter. lol.

edit on 1-4-2017 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join