It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Pence Soon: Trump's Very Bad Terrible EO Signing Day

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I agree, I don't think the video shows anything really wrong with him other than he's tired and doesn't want to deal with the press. no biggie.

i think he's realizing the predicament he's in with the Russian story and Flynn. they didn't offer flynn immunity and that probably worries him a bit. he's distracted as anyone would be in a similar situation. personally, I think it shows his guilt, but hopefully we will all know soon enough.

edit on 1-4-2017 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I don't think the video shows anything of the sort.

That's the point.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

I hope he is physically ok, but when you stay up all night watching infowars vids, or on twitter like a teenager..you might not get enough sleep, and no doubt this is a stress filled presidency.
He is no teenager.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

ya, he's real peach and doesn't deserve ANY bad press. bless his little heart - why are we so mean??

his tweet -

234 tweets with "loser"

183 tweets with "stupid"

156 tweets with "weak"

117 tweets with "dope" or "dopey"

115 tweets with "dishonest"

83 tweets with "fool"

what a guy!
link

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Funny, my theory is he's just a bit old and has a lot on his mind, and simply forgot. No big deal.

yeah. no big deal.
he was there to sign some orders and just forgot....
ha

or as someone above said maybe he left before he lost his temper

so he is so old he forgets to do his job or cant do his job cause he has to bail before losing his #??
wow
awesome supreme leader we have

but obama made mistakes too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

And then complete and total submission to the will of the White House when they could easily accomplish what they've been trying to do all along?

That's your problem, right there, and where we fundamentally disagree. The media doesn't have an agenda of destroying the presidency. They have an obligation to expose corruption, as they see it, and protect the interests of the American People.

Some interesting reading.

Balancing the public's need to know vs. national security

More articles on National Security VS Freedom of the Press

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

It has turned into a tit for tat situation though.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

And then complete and total submission to the will of the White House when they could easily accomplish what they've been trying to do all along?

That's your problem, right there, and where we fundamentally disagree. The media doesn't have an agenda of destroying the presidency. They have an obligation to expose corruption, as they see it, and protect the interests of the American People.

Some interesting reading.

Balancing the public's need to know vs. national security

More articles on National Security VS Freedom of the Press

No, where we disagree is that you keep pushing the notion that protecting the interests of the "American People" doesn't include exposing that the President is mentally or physically deficient to the point of it impacting their job performance. Somehow in the process of putting the media up on the pedestal you've created for them you've also arrived at the conclusion that having a President that can't do the job isn't in the interest of the public.

The quotes from your own "interesting reading" are so against what you're saying it's comical that you've posted it as somehow supporting your arguement.

To back up and explain it to people, The New York Times, the L.A. Times, The Washington Post, and The Wall Street Journal reported on a secret government surveillance program to monitor financial transactions around the world, to oversimplify it, and the government asked us not to publish it. Going back to the example of Arnold Schwarzenegger, my job is to publish stuff. ... My job is to cover the war on terrorism. My job is to cover the government in its prosecution of the war on terrorism. One of the biggest controversies in America right now is the government's prosecution of the war in Iraq and the war on terrorism, and my job is to cover that with tremendous aggression, and I do.

Even if it reveals secrets that the government says will help the enemy. Yes, because it's not my job to believe everything the government tells me. If the government had offered compelling proof that a life would be threatened, or if the government offered compelling proof that an ongoing operation would have been threatened, I would have felt differently. In fact, we've held stuff back when the government has offered compelling proof of that. But I put the emphasis on "compelling proof," because history shows that the government doesn't always tell the truth when it offers a reason not to publish.

So Dean Baquet has the right to decide when something damages national security and when it doesn't? My role as the editor of a newspaper, and the newspaper's role in the society, is in fact to try to make that kind of judgment. That may sound arrogant, but it's not. If you read the language of the [Supreme Court] justices in the Pentagon Papers case, they specifically said that newspapers have this role in the society. In fact, it's our patriotic role. ... It's our patriotic role to fulfill our place in the firmament of the government, and fulfilling my place is to aggressively cover the government, and that means not always believing them.

[How do you balance a free press and national security during wartime?] A vigorous and vital press is even more important in times of national crisis, including war, than it is in times of tranquility. When the nation faces urgent decisions of whether to persist in military activity, whether to initiate new pre-emptive strikes, whether to alter our energy policies, how to deal with questions of foreign aid, disaster relief, all of these things, we need not just two sides of an issue; we need a dozen sides of each issue. The only way we get that is by going beyond the official storyline to enrich it with multiple perspectives from multiple sources. What has happened is that new obstacles have been erected in the path of journalists who are trying to get those alternate sources.

It is through the press that most of us get our information. Most Americans will never file a Freedom of Information Act request, and there's no reason that they should. We all have multiple conduits for information and all kinds of ways to educate ourselves. But what's happening is that all of those conduits are being constricted and constrained by official secrecy, and it is really having an impact on the quality of our deliberation. ...

And I could go on and on, but that's just the first two fellas from the page you provided. And with that, I'm done here. Those guys you posted as somehow supporting your argument just blew your entire argument out of the water better than I have so far, so I see no point in continuing. If you wish to keep going, just read your own link and try to debate them.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This OP is typical.
Completely ignore the very good things in these Executive Orders, which are keeping more of Trump's promises, and just focus on something meaningless as a distraction.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I never said it wasn't a contentious prospect, the people's right know vs national security, But, have no doubt, a US president's sudden and serious health condition is a matter of national security.

That could account for why Trump's speech irregularities the beginning of the press conference has been awkwardly edited out and scrubbed from the internet, as far as I can see, and his confusion covered up as an angry reaction to the press corp's questions.

edit on 1-4-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This is concerning but it's still only 1 day, there's a lot of explanations. If Trump starts regularly acting like this it's cause for concern, otherwise I'm more than willing to accept that he was just having an off day.

That said, I do believe that for one reason or another (illness, impeachment, etc) that Pence will finish Trumps term.
edit on 1-4-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
This OP is typical.
Completely ignore the very good things in these Executive Orders, which are keeping more of Trump's promises, and just focus on something meaningless as a distraction.

Like the President forgetting to sign them?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
What EO was he supposed to sign? Any details?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

There were 2, both on "trade". One of them pulled us out of trade deals already made, I believe. The other was to bolster some trade agenda or another.....not exactly sure what they said.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: TheRedneck

ya, he's real peach and doesn't deserve ANY bad press. bless his little heart - why are we so mean??

his tweet -

234 tweets with "loser"

183 tweets with "stupid"

156 tweets with "weak"

117 tweets with "dope" or "dopey"

115 tweets with "dishonest"

83 tweets with "fool"

what a guy!
link

I tend to agree with him there!
There are an awful lot of:
Stupid, dopey, dishonest, foolish, losers out there.
If not shown the error of their ways how will they evolve into better people?

Far to long have people been unaccountable for being lazy unproductive slugs...
About time we have someone to tell these people the hard truths.

“You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap. We're all singing, all dancing crap of the world.”
― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

www.whitehouse.gov...

It's here.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: windword

*shrugs*

Well, if you're right, then okay.

I still haven't won the lottery and have to go to work on Monday.

Still better than Hillary.

Is "better than Hillary" a reason to not demand Better? Expressing discontent creates a market for new candidates.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Come up with someone better for 2020.

So far I don't have an issue with Trump's administration.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So it was signed in private then?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: windword

In my opinion, one can only ask why the media edited out the worst of it! I saw the whole thing, and now the total press conference can't be found without weird and awkward edits.

I think that means that this is really serious. They don't want to panic The People.

That's a great question: why is the media covering for Trump when they've been dogging him so hard for so long.

Sort of defies logic, eh?

I think because they realize they have actually gone too far, for too long, and they had better cut it out before they get replaced entirely in the coming times.

Too late for them, really.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join