It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never trust someone who has found the truth?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
a reply to: intrptr

Or shaft wobble if not harmonically balanced.

Which side of the pencil line did you cut on, can you cut 'straight'?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

A good chalk line is a better choice as it is brighter and easier to see. Side depends on fit to an adjacent plane.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

A good chalk line is a better choice as it is brighter and easier to see. Side depends on fit to an adjacent plane.

But lines and planes don't exist, remember? Up to a point...

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
"Never trust someone who has found the truth, only trust those still searching for it."

Agreed; hence the... "Don't mistake the finger for the moon."

People still sitting around looking at the Buddha 2500ish years later; same with Christ 2000ish years later; Muhammad some 1500ish years later...

Sitting listening; sitting talking; sitting paying to listen and talk.

At some point? The teaching has got to be walked, their teaching was a map... like here ya go get a handle on it and get going live it, fail at it, get up try again keep going build the wisdom as direct experience. Waiting for anyone to walk up and go boop got your nose you are done... will never happen like sleeping through class won't wake you up graduated from college one day. Effort must be made, the teacher can't graduate for you either. Since we all have faculties to point and make noise and receive that noise? Everyone is also a teacher, the most irritating teaches one patience each thing seen bad turn around the wisdom coming from it? Good. Easier to not take the lesson and just make oneself also bad... when everyone starts teaching each other patience? It runs out.

But yes ignore those that cannot be taught.

From your reply, I am reminded of several quotes:

"Poor is the pupil who does not surpass his master." Leonardo Da Vinci

"The student surpasses the teacher." Unknown

"Well done, Grasshopper." Kung Fu's blind monk master.

"Always pass on what you have learned." Yoda

edit on 14CDT11America/Chicago047111130 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

When was a point ever straight? This is a point: > so is this < and this ^ but yet not.

so is this:

...and the thing before all of that.

If you made it this far? How many shadows do I have?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteHat
" those who talk don't know, those who know don't talk".
I talk because I don't know yet, but how on earth I can hope to ever know something if I don't believe it can be known?

I really enjoy that quote. But It speaks to me in a different way. I like to think it means that the only ones that really know do not have the ability to talk, ie they are dead. Those that talk, ie still alive, will never know because that knowledge is now allowed while they still inhabit their human body.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Thats why you kill the ego self, then you become a doorway betwixt the two the door that is not a door... those blind will see a door those that see clearly walk right on through.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

a reply to: ClovenSky

Thats why you kill the ego self, then you become a doorway betwixt the two the door that is not a door... those blind will see a door those that see clearly walk right on through.

You mean its a no brainer...

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai
a reply to: Willtell

What if the meaning of truth is that there is no way to describe it in words?

I would say that is true

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Are you one of those head in a jar sorts... Waiting on a robot body?

When the ego self dies, all that have done the same pass right on through form... like a conductor instead of a resistor. Life flows on and on and on and on without cease grabbing a self is hitting the emergency brake at a green light.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CovertAgenda

Que es veritas?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
a reply to: CovertAgenda

Que es veritas?

Proxime ad verum accedere.

J. L. Austin, the ordinary-language philosopher, in a symposium on truth, comments:

'What is truth?' said jesting Pilate, and would not stay for an answer. Pilate was in advance of his time. For 'truth' itself is an abstract noun, a camel, that is, of a logical construction, which cannot get past the eye even of a grammarian. We approach it cap and categories in hand : we ask ourselves whether Truth is a substance (the Truth, the Body of Knowledge), or a quality (something like the colour red, inhering in truths), or a relation ('correspondence'). But philosophers should take something more nearly their own size to strain at. What needs discussing rather is the use, or certain uses, of the word 'true.' In vino, possibly, 'veritas,' but in a sober symposium 'verum.'

(John 18:38)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Veritas est amor, sed amor qualis est?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

There are absolutes.

For example? Math.

1 + 1 will always and can equal nothing other than 1 in this equation.

Period.

For me there is also another absolute truth. Christ, the Son of God, God come as Man to save His children and only for the asking.

I wouldn't doubt if you agree with my first example. The second? Proably not so much.

peace
edit on 3115Monday201713 by silo13 because: '?'

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

The image presented includes "Other Religions" at 0.8%. You list some religions of such at the bottom but this states that most people have their own "religion". I wouldn't say that Unlisted people have no spiritual belief. Also not all religious followers think they have the full truth. It's faith that they follow in the system of their belief.

Nevertheless the logic makes sense; Never accept a truth from someone who does not seek one in return...

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
So perhaps there is a group of untrusted people that trust each other out of lack of choice?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Lol, most 'Atheist' as you describer are in fact self identified Agnostics (which is actually par for the course considering the thread title). Regarding why you can't rely on Atheist(sic. Agnostic) soup kitchens? You can in fact, its called food stamps, public assistance, or any other number of government programs that are designed to help. Coincidentally most of the conservative christian movement is against these (primarily so that their soup kitchens can stay full, and their recruitment efforts to bring the 'good word' can be bolstered accordingly), but secondarily because its their money, they should get to decide which lowly creatures get to eat (not some government with their no-restrictions hand outs!).

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join