It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Civilian 911 Impaired Driver reports causing Death by Cop in Edmonton Alberta?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Since 2007 in Edmonton,Alberta,Canada there has been a push via local TV commercials and other avenues by Civic Officials by proxy asking the public to do the Police job of reporting suspected Impaired Drivers to police via the 911 service.The City recruited directed the public using media and City resources and money to use the 911 service instead of using the normal Complaint line to report this amongst the massive constellation of other suspected crimes..... to report suspected Impaired drivers the public might find as per the cities specific listed red flags placed upon their City website.

www.edmonton.ca...

There is no mention of formal recognised training being offered to the public who are being peripherally tasked with identifying suspected Impaired Drivers.....there is however a generic list of distracted driving signs that is represented as proxy training which covers everything from being simply a New Driver to being less than attentive to being pre-occupied with your kids in the back seat to ....well there is an endless generic list of reasons peoples driving could be less than optimal ........but the Civic website owned by the City represents this list as being while in the hands of the untrained uniniated public equivilant to a City Of Edmonton Police Officers level of Training in Identifying suspected Impaired Drivers.....many of these people may not even drink alcohol or have the faintest clue about what it does or how it works thereby lacking in even the remotest status quo driven peripheral support to the generic list of suspected Impaired driver red flags.

This program was begun in 2007....but recently a new wave of TV commercials came out supporting this program......and within a couple of weeks the City has seen TWO OFFICER INVOLVED SHOOTINGS where the suspect was a reported Impaired driver.......in one case potentially a lone officer was involved
without backup in a residential neighborhood in the morning on the suspects front lawn area and looks to have slipped and fallen while confronting the suspect then opened fire and in another case potentially officers pursued a suspect until he parked his vehicle in a deserted area and tried to escape on foot
whereupon he failed to obey verbal commands and was opened up on with Police gunfire.

IMHO both of these shooting events were catalysed by public reports of suspected Impaired Drivers......in one case ...www.cbc.ca... a lone officer made critical errors in confronting and engaging a suspected Impaired suspect without backup present when the suspect was already parked at his residence never mind discharging his service weapon in a residential neighborhood in the morning with families all around .......in another case.... www.edmontonsun.com... patient long term pursuit was engaged in until the suspect exited the vehicle and subsequently in the process of escaping custody failed to respond to verbal commands and was shot down under controlled circumstances....the EPD has helicopter/Drone support and also canine units as well as a Negotiating Team and a Robotic assist.....but in this case oficers simply rounded up a suspect herded him way from people waited until he disobeyed verbal command then tried to execute him for failing to do this while under the suspected influence of alcohol and in the process of evading custody.

I am left to wonder if the City of Edmontons 2007 initiation of a seemingly "round up a Posse" focus combined with this subsequent 2015 tragedy involving a Municipal police Officers death while on Duty .......chattelevision.ca... hat-routine/ ....CATALYSED A SHOOT TO KILL FIRST IF VERBAL COMMANDS GO UNANSWERED IMMEDIATLY MENTALITY WHEN SUSPECTED IMPAIRED DRIVERS ARE INVOLVED....is their a hidden-hand INTERNAL INFORMAL MANDATE SAYING IT IS PERMISSIVE AND INTERNALY ACCEPTED ...to open fire on any impaired driver who fails to obey a verbal command...even if he is under the influence of alcohol and his comprehension is impaired and even if he has his back turned and is escaping and even if he is unarmed and not confrontational........simply being belligerent and disobediant to verbal commands as Police training teaches them is SOP for drunk people.... proving they know Impaired people are not deadly threats because they are belligerent and disobey or delay their responses to verbal commands .

chattelevision.ca... tine/

The involvement of the City in recruiting the untrained public to identify and report Impaired Drivers using the Emergency 911 line.....allows the Police to abbrogate the conventional investigative processes and this is simply one of many instances where Civic involvement in Police work is via policy and machined manipulative BY-Laws having a massive and negative impact on the citizens of the City.....initiating a 911 call puts police on their highest most aggressive and deadly level of action......and doing this based on the Civicly endorsed directives influencing the untrained public to trigger this dynamic could be considered negligent and culpability could be optioned.

Does anyone else see a pattern of civic involvement with law enforcement which accommodates the abbrogation of conventional proven traditional due accepted process???....and does this happen in your community as well....because there is much more......many By-Laws Municipalities create and enforce which allow Civil Police forces to engage in By-Law enforcement over and above respecting Charter Rights and Freedoms as a primary concern.....in a way it is breaking the law to enforce the law untill some citizen comes up with the time money and cause to take the City or Municipality to court and force them to stop. ....which they know would cost a fortune and no one is ever going to do.

Is being an Impaired driver in Edmonton Albert a crime punishable by death ?.....Is it ok to for law enforcement to kill unarmed fleeing or belligerent suspected drunks for disobeying a verbal command when roadside tests show us that no one drunk can adequately obey verbal commands?

Do people really think it is ok for a lone Officer to be forced by Civic pressure and influence to respond by themselves without backup under the pretenses of a 911 emergency which triggers this risky chance and decision which every time risks both Officer and Public..... that it is ok to follow a drunk guy to his house to his yard and then when he is belligerent and disobedient engage him while he is unarmed in a firefight?????....in a residential neighborhood where stray bullets could kill kids watching from their bedroom windows.....and does the pressure of the 911 protocal force lone officers to build these deadly dynmics as SOP???....Does the City of Edmonton have culpability in any way if this is the case?
edit on 1-4-2017 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Personally speaking, if it were up to me, no officer would ever be even in a patrol vehicle alone, regardless of day or night. Cities would be forced to employ the maximum number of officers, at all hours of day or night. No police car would ever leave the station with less than two police officers in it, and ALL complaints, whether emergency or otherwise would be attended within minutes of a report coming in. If city councils and other related bodies could not make that function, then the entire city council would be fired, replaced, and fired again and replaced until some combination of administrators figure out how to get the vital services provided for properly.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

That would cut into their own pocket lining funds and that will never happen, so there will always be the we can't afford it excuse.

I do agree with you though there should be two at all times.

As far as the OP, I think anytime involving the public like this you are opening the door to more trouble than it's worth. Your point of reference already point out that.
Someone could have a grudge against someone and drop a dime just because they feel vindictive.

I myself have called Highway Patrol a couple times when someone was clearly driving drunk on the interstate and were a big accident just waiting to happen. I'm guessing others have as well and those kind of calls are legit. When you make a "public Program" out of it though, that is surely when it will go wonky.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Is it possible Canada's stigma of drunk driving also has something to do with this?

I'm not at all defending drunk driving, but from what I've heard if you're a foreigner with a DUI trying to visit, it's not happening.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

@TrueBrit.......I agree with your perspective and cant help but wonder if the Police WANT "suspected" drunk drivers to be considered under a 911 EMERGENCY CALL protocal wherein there is an immediate danger to public life and well being thereby authorising aggressive use of deadly force and by proxy allowing Officers to speed to a scene ALONE .

I am left to wonder if the City Hall had stayed out of the equation....would these questionably defined "suspects" fall under the much less aggressive investigative premises of the normal complaint line.......I feel like the City Hall and Police Dept. are USING THE PUBLIC TO UNWITTINGLY ENABLE THEM TO HARDBALL SPECIFIC SUSPECTS TO PROFILE THEM AND TO STEREOTYPE THEM AND TO SHOW PREDJUDICE AGAINST THEM....using innocent citizens to pull the trigger and make a less thn trained nd educated decision to use the specially set up 911 process when they in fact should be using the normal complaint line.

The City KNOWS Officers should not respond alone to calls which involve a possible drunk or intoxicated suspect...and IMHO their lawyers are gaming the system and have devised what they think is a low risk culpability process of abbrogating the problem of knowingly sending lone officers into potentially higher dangerous risk scenarios ....they con-jobs built a citizen based untrained 911 early warning sysem which legally triggers 911 protocal......and by proxy directs LONE officers to respond to "suspected" drunk drivers with high alert lethal intentions authorised to kill immediatly to protect the public from ...a 911 level emergency.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Is it possible Canada's stigma of drunk driving also has something to do with this?

I'm not at all defending drunk driving, but from what I've heard if you're a foreigner with a DUI trying to visit, it's not happening.

I think it has more to do with Canadas soon to be recognised stigma of Civic Municipalities colluding with the Civil Police forces they employ and their respective Legal Depts. to find underhanded collusional methods of undermining conventional and traditional and proven methods of due process while facing the LEAST RISK OF FISCAL CULPABILITY for the City itself and for the Police dept.....they are trying to work together to avoid legal culpability at a massive cost to the Charter Rights and Freedoms of the citizenry.These con-jobs use tactical application of intentionally doctored verbage and machined dynamic situations to abbrogate FEDERAL CHARTER and Civil rights through the abuse of the Civil By-Law process and by initiating untrained citizens into the law enforcement equation and considering these "tacticlly mined" inputs with equal veracity to those of a highly trained civil law enforcement officer.

Just maybe if I have a spouse who is a Police Officer in Edmonton ....... I do NOT WANT them being forced to respond ALONE to potential lethal situations artificially produced and built by my Cities lax con-job legl departments collusion wih the Police departments already motivated legal department .

Just maybe if I have a Husband -Wife-Brother-Sister-Cousin-Neighbor-Workmate-or even enemy.....living in Edmonton Alberta or in any Canadian jurisdiction where this con-job collusion is being actioned... I do NOT WANT THEM TREATED LIKE RABID DOGS ...CONVICTED WITHOUT DUE PROCESS AND EXECUTED AND SHOT DOWN LIKE DOGS IN THE STREET...............because they had one to many drinks and made a poor choice......the penalty for making such a mistake is NOT SUPPOSED TO CITY OF EDMONTON CATALYSED CITIZEN ACTIONED POLICE RENDERED DEATH BY COP ...it is supposed to be having someone report you to the Police complaint line followed by an appropriatly indicated level of intentions which is LESS THAN 911 EMERGENCY STATUS or having an on-duty fully trained officer notice your driving habits and take conventional actions.....
edit on 1-4-2017 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I am still researching but it looks like there is another fine example of this collusional undermining of Charter Rights and Freedoms by Civic employees in City Hall and the responding Police dept.........using civic by-laws to force Police to respond to civic by-law infractions with a PRIMARY FOCUS ON enforcing by-laws and ABBROGATING CHARTER RIGHTS IN DOING SO......and it seems there is a PATTERN evidencing this as a SOP.....because whenever they do this and are challenged in court they drop charges and refuse to go to the next level....they AVOID AT ALL COSTS GOING TO A HIGHER JUDICIARY LEVEL...by simply dropping the fraudulently catalysed charges and halting the entire process forever.

It looks to me so far,and I am still researching mind you,but it looks to me like this guy was well known.....like he was excercising his Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms by walking with his legally obtained and licensed guns down a municipal street......when " a concerned witness" called police to report a man walking with a gun.......Charter rights say he can do what he is doing and the "witness didnt know this because Civic leaders and Police hide the truth" so she made an emergency call ...based on her limited knowledge and on City by-laws forbidding open uncovered transport of firearms on municipal streets.................he had an OVERRIDING RIGHT to be doing what he was doing......but collusionally designed by-laws which are SECONDARY to Charter Rights said he was breaking the law......when Law Enforcement was called under these pretenses to respond how they did SOP...the city of Moncton IMHO becomes culpable for the tradgedy.....Monctons intentionally designed fraudulently intended by-laws FORCED police to respond to a NON-CRIME at the highest level of situational awareness with lethality at the forefront......police responded aggressively with guns drawn.....to a man who was simply walking down the street doing nothing wrong.....when he was aggressively confronted for what he deemed to be no reason by armed police he reacted by responding in kind...which under said circumstances was within his ability and Charter Rights.....the FIRST RESPONDING POLICE OFFICER was PUSHED TO THEIR DEATH BY FRAUDULENTLY CATALYSED INSTITUTED AND ENFORCED CIVIC BY-LAWS IMHO AND ALL FAMILIES AND PEOPLE CONCERNED POLICE AND CONVICTED SHOULD BRING CIVIL LITIGATION UPON MONCTON AND THE POLICE DEPT AND POSSIBLY THE LAWYERS WHO HELPED THEM BUILD THIS HOUSE OF CARDS.

It is beginning to look like this problem is ENDEMIC........like this is being done everywhere across the Country.

www.theglobeandmail.com...
canadiansituations.wordpress.com...

Had someone responded WITHOUT GUNS DRAWN...and at a less than EMERGENCY level of tactical prepardeness......this could have been a small fine due to a broken by-law which when challenged by the accused would have been dropped by the Crown before going to legal resolution AS A HISTORIC PATTERN SHOWS HAPPENS....."every time".....because the Civic municipalities lawyers and the Police lawyers or Crown know FULL WELL CHARTER RIGHTS SUPERCEDE CIVIL BY-LAWS........yet they show an evidenced pattern across the Country of KNOWINGLY BREAKING THE LAW TO ENFORCE THE LAW.....then dropping all charges and effectively purging all particulars of the incident from the hard copy records.

Some city council members in Moncton had a direct hand in sending many good people to their deaths and in depriving many familes of loved ones......to enforce.....civic by-laws...??

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I very much doubt that, from a legal standpoint, sending a single officer to deal with a call, no matter whether it is for a drunk driver, or a gunpoint robbery, an eyewitness call to the police for any reason, can justify just a single police officer being sent to deal with it.

new topics

top topics

join