It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Scotland,

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: HeathenJessie

a reply to: HeathenJessie

Nope generalised derogatory statements about whole groups of people make you a bigot. Nothing to do with your views on independence.

Statements based on what I've seen, read and heard over the course of my 26 years as a Scot.

You belong a part of the EU, they flout that sword at every opportunity, too...anyone who disagrees is a bigot.

Oops...is, is that another sweeping, general statement? I believe it is, could I be more bigot?

You are of course entitled to your opinion about your fellow Scots as per the posts I replied to.

People reading your opinion are entitled to make their own judgement on your character.

Do however find it odd that someone with your apparent obsession with patriotism would have such a low view off their fellow countrymen.

And just to clarify, I'm not claiming to be patriotic, I never did.

I'd expect anyone who is hell bent on independence would be...I find it quite contradictory that you want independence but then go on to claim that it has nothing to do with patriotism...

But then you've spent the last 6 or 7 pages constantly contradicting yourself, it's abou the EU, it's not about the EU...it's about the EU...it's not about the EU...etc

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Someone should spell the facts out here : the EU hasn;t been the problem in the last few years , but the EPP which controls and therefore run every single EU institution has been the problem . The UK tory party are not members of the EPP (EuropeanPeople'sParty) .

The SNP , ARE , memebers of the EPP , as are so many many others . When a , one , singular , political party _ the EPP , are running the WHOLE of Europe , including almost ALL its supposedly independent political parties (as members) it smacks of

PROBLEM , in massive letters , in anyone's language . Especially ours .

All you , everybody here , needs to find out POST HASTE , what and who the EPP are .

Just google it and learn , now please .

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Nope generalised derogatory statements about whole groups of people make you a bigot. Nothing to do with your views on independence.

Statements based on what I've seen, read and heard over the course of my 26 years as a Scot.

You belong a part of the EU, they flout that sword at every opportunity, too...anyone who disagrees is a bigot.

Oops...is, is that another sweeping, general statement? I believe it is, could I be more bigot?

You are of course entitled to your opinion about your fellow Scots as per the posts I replied to.

People reading your opinion are entitled to make their own judgement on your character.

Do however find it odd that someone with your apparent obsession with patriotism would have such a low view off their fellow countrymen.

I'd expect anyone who is hell bent on independence would be...I find it quite contradictory that you want independence but then go on to claim that it has nothing to do with patriotism...

But then you've spent the last 6 or 7 pages constantly contradicting yourself, it's abou the EU, it's not about the EU...it's about the EU...it's not about the EU...etc

Pleasease reply to the post were i have contradicted myself.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

So let me get this straight, you're saying that the only reason to vote for Scottish Independence is partiotism? Ha ha ha FREEEEEEEEDOM...

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

So let me get this straight, you're saying that the only reason to vote for Scottish Independence is partiotism? Ha ha ha FREEEEEEEEDOM...

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

I already have...your entire position has been contradictory...read the last sentence in my last reply...or play dumb and pretend like you don't understand what I mean.

My guess is you'll opt for the latter.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Some people say that GREAT Britain has cut its nose off to smite its face by leaving the EU.

Some Scottish British are not happy with the Brexit vote.

Some English British are not happy with the Brexit vote outcome.

The English British who were the minority of the vote (aka Remainers) blame the lack of education of the majority of the vote.

The Scottish British who lost the vote for Scottish Independance blame the English, we are Great because of us, not Europe.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

What other reasons do you have?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   

I already have...your entire position has been contradictory...read the last sentence in my last reply...or play dumb and pretend like you don't understand what I mean.

So you can't actually reply to a contradiction then.

My position has been entirely consistent.

Do you want me to explain it again?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZIPMATT

Just google it and learn , now please .

Well, I went here...

www.epp.eu...

and I couldn't find anyone in the "United Kingdom", the "UK", "Great Britain", "Britain" or "GB" there, in fact the closest to us is Ireland. After the above serches I opened the list of members in Adobe and there is no mention of Britain among them, may be an error with the site or how I'm looking at it though. Can you show me where it has UK parties please?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Like I said, I already have.

I accused you of contradicting yourself more than once, and have responded already to almost all of your posts.

Why would I waste time responding again?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick
Some people say that GREAT Britain has cut its nose off to smite its face by leaving the EU.

Some Scottish British are not happy with the Brexit vote.

Some English British are not happy with the Brexit vote outcome.

The English British who were the minority of the vote (aka Remainers) blame the lack of education of the majority of the vote.

The Scottish British who lost the vote for Scottish Independance blame the English, we are Great because of us, not Europe.

Great is reference to the island so I guess we have plate tectonics to thank for being GREAT.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Since you're as hell-bent on obfuscating and twisting the debate as much as possible, let me save you some time.

I'll read your posts and respond, in my response to an individual post I'll make all of the points I believe to be pertinent.

I won't respond to the same posts multiple times, we'd be here all day.

I know you love this circular stuff.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

I accused you of contradicting yourself more than once, and have responded already to almost all of your posts.

It would have taken less time to reply to my claimed contradiction than to write a new post.

Have you got anything?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

I call a spade a spade...I'm not just going to sing the praises of people simply because we're from the same country...that would be stupid.

I'm down on my fellow countrymen because I'm sick of their petty victim culture and whinging...if you don't like being called these things or people thinking this stuff then maybe you should grow a backbone and stop acting like the perpetual victim....stop blaming England and Westminster for everything.

Would that be the same petty victim culture and whinging from the Brexit camp about the EU.? Maybe the brexit camp who also oppose Scotlands independence need to stop blaming the EU and Brussels for everything.
edit on 1-4-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
You know what we could solve this pretty easily.

Since pretty much all of your arguments are based on this assumption that people's views have changed post-brexit...and since you're happy to have referendums willy-nilly...

We should have a referendum and the question should be...should scotland have another independence referendum.

If the yes vote wins we can go ahead...if the no vote wins forget about it.

But you know as well as I do, and everyone else here...even if no did win such a referendum...by a huge margin, y'all would still bang on about it.

You'd still speak on behalf of everyone, and tell us that people want it. You don't care what the majority want, if you did this whole debate wouldn't even exist you would have accepted the results of previous referendums.

I'd respect you a lot more if you simply told the truth...you don't care what others want, you have no interest in what's best for anyone else...you want what you want.

And expect that what you want should be as important to me an everyone else as it is to you.

But you'll never be honest...this is totally pointless.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

I call a spade a spade...I'm not just going to sing the praises of people simply because we're from the same country...that would be stupid.

I'm down on my fellow countrymen because I'm sick of their petty victim culture and whinging...if you don't like being called these things or people thinking this stuff then maybe you should grow a backbone and stop acting like the perpetual victim....stop blaming England and Westminster for everything.

Would that be the same petty victim culture and whinging from the Brexit camp about the EU.? Maybe you need to stop blaming the EU and Brussels for everything. OH, the Irony is strong in this one.

Where did I blame the EU for anything?

Show me where...this is how this thread works, no?

You make demands and have expectations of me, so you lead the way and show me where.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I am English, It's where I were born. I live on a group of Islands that mainly associate themselves as British.

I don't know why being British is bad for those living on these Islands, we accomodate pretty much everything!

The Scottish love Scotland, the English love England and the Irish love Ireland.

GREAT BRITAIN

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

I voted for independence in the Scottish referendum but there isn't a patriotic bone in my body. I voted to break free from the corruption endemic in the UK institutions. No monarchy, no EU and no Westminster, how cool would that be? That was the only time I have ever voted but I wouldn't make that choice again. The violence threatened by the loyalists showed me that independence would have torn Scotland apart.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

It would have taken less time to reply to my claimed contradiction than to write a new post.

Have you got anything?

I've already responded to it, do you have some mental block that prevents you from seeing things from another perspective?

You're incapable of understanding, or you'd have already noticed. I can't help you.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join