It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Scotland,

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: HeathenJessie

Second vote can't be blocked. Would be in breach of international law. Scotland as a country has the right to self determination.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Thats because the British media are biased. Oh did you not know that ?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

The SNP were returned to power on a mandate that clearly stated they would call for second referendum if certain things happened including a vote to leave the EU.

If you can get a party elected with a mandate for another referendum go for it. It's called democracy

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: nickovthenorth

Selective memory. The Better Together side told Scotland to vote NO at last referendum because it was only way to stay in EU.

Turns out they were wrong.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

The UK is the only Union of countries in the EU. All other members are sovereign states answerable to nobody. Scotland wishes to be a sovereign state within EU and equal to the other states. Currently Scotland has no say in EU is not represented and has to do what Westminster says. Not good enough.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The English voices on here full of hatred for any Scot wishing to take back control of Scotland is amazing to see. Hypocrisy doesn't come near. I often wonder where this bile comes from and can only guess they are jealous of Scots. Deep down they know England has totally f**cked up and is going down the pan. Their bigotry and racism is coming back to bite them big time. And they simply cannot stand the possibility that if Scotland breaks free from their imperial grasp it might actually do very very well. As far as I can tell Scotland has more resources php than any other country on planet earth and there is nothing to stop it being very successful.
edit on b29417294 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigyin

The UK is the only Union of countries in the EU. All other members are sovereign states answerable to nobody. Scotland wishes to be a sovereign state within EU and equal to the other states. Currently Scotland has no say in EU is not represented and has to do what Westminster says. Not good enough.

Wasn't the referendum question there 'should Scotland be an independent country ?' And the scots voted No.

Is Scotland actually even a country ? They call the scottish parliament one of the 'regional powers' .

So , Scotland , is a region , not an independent country . You were asked a question , voted no (ye silly beggars) .

Now Scotland is , remains , just a 'region' of the uk .

Are the Jews a race ? No . Is Scotland a country ? No . Sorry about that . You'll have to leave the EU , because you chose to stick with the UK .

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: bigyin

I'm English - do you see racism and hatred here? Difficult questions yes, hatred no.

IF the people of Scotland had voted for independence first time around you would have been out of the EU and trying to get back in.

At the time of the referendum the UK government had no cause whatsoever to think the British public would vote to leave. Do you honestly think they would have allowed a referendum if they thought for one second they'd lose. To suggest otherwise is disingenuous and manipulative.

It will be interesting come May 4th to see how the people of Scotland vote, a drop in support for the SNP would speak volumes.

As I have said previously on this thread I have no qualms with a 2nd referendum, personally I think the remain vote would increase. But hey that's just my opinion. Either way you're out of the EU. The decision you need to make now is whether Scotland helps the UK to get the best deal possible or sabotages the deal. That decision will have an impact on Scotland too. Thankfully the Scottish people will have a say in a few weeks and I await looking at that data tremendously.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Thats because the British media are biased. Oh did you not know that ?

Even if it were true that the media was biased. The answers to the questions in

the interviews came from Scots nationals.... so no goal there!

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Should Cornwall be an independent country ? Aye or Nay

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: andy06shake

We may consist of 3 different nations that make up our United Kingdom but they are very different places with there own political ideologies, the time for change is apparent and a requirement really.

Its four actually.

I would rather remain part of the European Union as would the majority of the people who hail form these parts, that's the fact of the matter.

There were many areas in England, maybe Wales and Ireland too where the

majority wanted to remain..... However overall the vast majority in

the United Kingdom voted to leave.... that's democracy working!!?

I want to be ruled by a government elected and comprised of people, from my own nation, that cannot be overruled or kowtowed by others 300 odd miles away in what amounts to another country.

You are ....'The Scottish Parliament', mostly consisting of SNP's ?

You also have representation of Scottish MP's in Westminster. Indeed I

have watched Alex Salmond on Prime Ministers questions time

I, a Canadian, also watched questions time for the first time the other day. It appeared to me that Alex was silenced and 'brushed off' by T. May at every turn and it looked like she was enjoying herself doing just that. Dysfunctional family indeed. Without proper representation or communication most professionals would advise moving out and starting afresh.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ZIPMATT

No, they haven't asked and are too small with insufficient industry to make a real go of it. However given the amount of property there owned by Londoners wanting cutesy weekend bolt holes and the resultant decimation of the native population I can see why it might gain traction.

Just hold the vote on a Weekday when everyone who'd vote remain is still in London

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
I, a Canadian, also watched questions time for the first time the other day. It appeared to me that Alex was silenced and 'brushed off' by T. May at every turn and it looked like she was enjoying herself doing just that. Dysfunctional family indeed. Without proper representation or communication most professionals would advise moving out and starting afresh.

Although I do watch it .... I have to agree its a farce, a show, with very poor

showmanship but they are all the same each trying to out do the other and

behaving like silly adolescents.

(Sorry I take that back even adolescents dont behave that badly lol!!)

I wish they would come into the 20th century and stop the pomp and calling

each other the "the honorable"
they behave anything but .....

The whole thing is an embarrassment and not exactly a feather in the national

cap of the UK.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Second vote can't be blocked. Would be in breach of international law. Scotland as a country has the right to self determination.

I'm interested in seeing a source for that - do you have one that isn't based on the opinion of someone in the SNP? I thought the first referendum never mind any subsequent ones for any part of the UK (including England) was at the liberty of the UK government.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I coudlnt give a # about independence anymore or politics for that matter , its all divisive bull# the same as religion

I care not about borders or flags or countries , im done being patriotic as well

my loyalties lie with earth

i just happen to be born in scotland

nicola sturgeon can go and # herself , the cow cannae even fix a pothole in my street (her constituency) for more than 3 months its been there , giant hole in the road (cathcart road Glasgow)
also a lolipop was hit by a car months back and the crossing still hasnt been fixed
just cones at its base with safety tape.

If she cannae fix a pothole whit chance has she got wae a country !

done with politics , patriotism all that #e

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

last time I looked at a map it was a country! has something changed globally that I dont know about ?
mandella affect have I just jumped into a dimension where Scotland has never been its own country ?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

nothing wrong with hating royalty since they are all scumbags and half of them pedophiles too!

so you are totally sound with someone coming along telling you they are better than you because god said so and then proceeding to do as they please for hundreds of years whilst everyone else suffers at their hands !

fair enough

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

wELL ,if you google it , (is Scotland a country?) you get this :

Scotland, England, Wales, and Northern Ireland are not independent countries but are four somewhat autonomous regions which are part of the country known as the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland or just United Kingdom for short”

so , oh dear , it looks like political geography at least , has Scotland down as a region , and not a country . Reality bites , eh .
Both the referendum questions were as radical as could be , just how radical I don't think most people realised.

It's a beautiful region , anyhow .

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Does that mean England is not a country ?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: bigyin

aye thats him telt !

are you seriously trying to convince us that Scotland isnt a country because politically its classed as an autonomous region within the United Kingdom?

if it were up to me , it wouldnt be called a united kingdom , because we arent ruled by a king or queen, so kingdom should be removed completely , its shouldnt be called great britain anymore because we havent done anything great for a very long time.

personally I think patriotism is rather misguided , people are just roped into it by peer pressure
it's all a bunch of rubbish so that we dont get along

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join