It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Scotland,

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
ooops.
edit on 1-4-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrBobH
a reply to: [post=22083638]ScepticScot[/post

Time for a

There is a plan is can get behind.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

You provide no economical reason, but its simply a case that we live on the same island and are family.

Your culture is as much as mine as ours is yours..

We have fought together, bled together, even forged an empire together..

We went abroad together and found new worlds (Australia for example), Africa, America, Canada etc..

Whether you like it or not our fate and history has woven us together as a family, and in blood too

Which is why being called Scottish, English, Irish or Welsh isn't enough because we have married each other, had kids together and are family, which is why the name British is used..

In ancient times this island was called the "Angel isle"

One island.. One nation, who work together for each others benefit, and not their deceitful own

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

a reply to: ScepticScot

Cooperation works both ways and needs to start now,

Our first minister has tried to negotiate with may for 8 months. May and her cronies refuse to include Scotland in any negotiations. We got wind that the process for leaving the EU would be triggered last wednesday by the BBC ffs.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvanB

We have fought together, bled together, even forged an empire together..

We went abroad together and found new worlds (Australia for example), Africa, America, Canada etc..

Yip, Mudered, pillaged and plundered together under the Butchers apron for 3 centuries... The Sun set long ago on the Empire mate. Time you moved on.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

To be fair the same way most of the UK finds out anything, are you seriously suggesting that Nicola Sturgeon was only aware of the triggering of Article 50 through the BBC? Were the SNP not actively seeking amendments to the authorising bill?

It is simply not possible to negotiate separate deals for separate parts of the UK. It just doesn't work like that, the legal process is only for the UK to leave.

Sorry but a small majority but a majority nonetheless voted to leave and the duly elected government has had their say and enabled Article 50 by a democratic majority.

You may not like it but it has happened. Scotland has a sizeable number of seats in parliament and has genuine influence if not a genuine say. Heck I've had to put up with a number of Labour governments that did me no favours, that's just the system we have.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: PaddyInf

I don't think it would be as cut and dry as that, im sure some kind of provisions could be made to allow us to keep the Scottish pound but even if we were forced to adopt the Euro currency it would still be immensely preferable to rule from Westminster.

End of the day money is money, its our financial intrusions that deem the value of such.

If the choice is between rule from Westminster or having to adopt the Euro, as unpalatable as that may be i would still choose the Euro if it means we adopt Independence.

Should probobly add i have nothing against English people and have family members who are English but everything against Westminster, the Tory establishment, and form of rule.
edit on 1-4-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Like us Irish...and yet he still had the cheek to lump us in there and insist we should be called British...

Also he doesn't quiet grasp that these there's two islands around these waters.

Anyway, I'm not going to engage with any of these delusional Brexiteers on here, nothing but hypocrites who will still blame the EU when things go down hill, despite the fact that it was those BREXITEERS who voted for the forthcoming #storm; what did they expect the EU would do?

They are # calling on Scots as cowards and bigoted Nationals for wanting Independence, yet hypocritically those same people voted for brexit for the same reason they claim the Scots want it...because they are actually the bigoted Nationals!

And for the moron here who keeps saying "The UK voted out of Europe, that's England, Scotland, Wales & Ireland".

Well the last time I looked, Ireland already voted out of the UK...and Like Scotland N. Ireland voted to remain in the EU also, so hopefully we follow their lead.

Complaining about breaking up a union while you voted to leave a union is double standard.

Enough said from me.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvanB
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Her OWN constituency which voted her in Parliament hate her.. She has let EVERY public service she is responsible for go into stagnation whilst she pursues her delusional place in history..

Fact is is Scotland voted to stay in the union..

And she would rather see every Scottish family under the cosh of a foriengn EU tyrannical state to further her OWN xenophobic aims and forget the Democratic will of the Scottish people who was fooled to vote for these fools

Nooo lol Sorry!!! I live in Edinburgh, Scotland,. Lived beside Scotland’s Holyrood parliament, now 5 miles or so away. I know Scotland, I know my kin. People who declare to hate Nicola are NOT yes voters nor freedom fighters, they are clueless as to why they vote no and want private sector cuts and tied to benefit scrounging Royal Family. I LOVE ENGLISH PEOPLE TOO, but I am offended by 2017 Thatcherism Westminster. Nicola is NOT hated, she isn’t perfect, and no politician is. But I agree with a few comments. Scottish people WILL Free Scotland very soon. I don't see the hatred and I live in Scotland’s richest city. Lot of SNOBS, selfish people voted 'no back in 2014 here in the capital City, today they would vote yes. Keep this close. Life’s circle = by 2020 Scotland will have more than 45%, and get more than a 5% swing needed. England NEEDS Scottish resources. My dog can do the math..

#Respect

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

EM...WHAT?...NO!!!!
We Scottish people get a vote on no Enlish affairs, but are expected to help pay for a new London motorway and War we hate. Why should people in Enland with different laws, healthcare, education etc get a say in Scotlands future?
NEVER going to happen. Scottish people, Scotland, as a devolved nation voted to remain in Europe, but England isn't and won't hear our voices, why should 'Jim from Hull' vote on Scotlands freedom. We want free, hidden from austerity, war, and left to be the 2nd best place to visit in the World in 2017 < FOR GOOD REASONS....And all this money makes us rich, richest on Earth WHEN free, why should Scotland pay for a new boat for the Queen, Londons new Motorway, proposed new Westminster...when Foodbanks are on the up in some parts of Scotland....Always money for THEM, not the poor, old disabled, troubled? .....

Scotland 2nd best place to visit on Earth in 2017

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: HeathenJessie

For who?

No voters in 2014 who voted no with the promise of staying Europe by voting 'Better together', with 1 legal document saying this promise from Westminster via 'The Edinburgh Agreement' and 'The Vow' lie
Thats whom...

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: southbeach

Family does not try to impose there will and/or form of rule on other family members through.

We are all fully grown nations and capable of making our own mistakes and decisions.

While or political ideologies are of a similar caliber they are not completely synonymous with one another and should be allowed to develop independently in there own direction.

We are indeed all brother and sisters that share history and social commonality/rule of law but end of the day we desire to determine the future our own nation, from our own nation.

Brexit is simply the final nail in the coffin.

Scotland does not desire it, Ireland does not wish it nether, and Wales is shall we say rather ambivalent towards the notion.

So even through we are all family we are also rather divided where Brexit is concerned.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

To be fair the same way most of the UK finds out anything, are you seriously suggesting that Nicola Sturgeon was only aware of the triggering of Article 50 through the BBC? Were the SNP not actively seeking amendments to the authorising bill?

It is simply not possible to negotiate separate deals for separate parts of the UK. It just doesn't work like that, the legal process is only for the UK to leave.

Sorry but a small majority but a majority nonetheless voted to leave and the duly elected government has had their say and enabled Article 50 by a democratic majority.

You may not like it but it has happened. Scotland has a sizeable number of seats in parliament and has genuine influence if not a genuine say. Heck I've had to put up with a number of Labour governments that did me no favours, that's just the system we have.

You said it better than me.. We are all in the same boat so better make the best of it

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
We may consist of 3 different nations that make up our United Kingdom but they are very different places with there own political ideologies, the time for change is apparent and a requirement really.

For sure different but near and close enough to be families indeed mixed

in marriage or relationships over a long time.

Surely closer in culture and likeness, and over the years side by side in

defending our countries together!?

I would rather remain part of the European Union as would the majority of the people who hail form these parts, that's the fact of the matter.

I want to be ruled by a government elected and comprised of people, from my own nation, that cannot be overruled or kowtowed by others 300 odd miles away in what amounts to another country.

You mean like this ......

EU begins secret drive to force Ireland to vote again on rejected Lisbon Treaty
By Daniel Martin for the Daily Mail
UPDATED: 01:16, 12 September 2008

A secret European Union plan to force Ireland to vote again on the Lisbon Treaty emerged yesterday.
French officials have penned an explosive document entitled 'Solution to the Irish Problem', in which they say the EU should push Ireland into re-running its referendum next year, opening the way for the treaty to come into force next year.

Critics say it is almost identical to the EU Constitution, rejected by the French and the Dutch in 2005.
Labour promised British voters a referendum on the constitution - but then reneged on their promise when it was re-fashioned as a treaty.

Ireland's support is vital because the Lisbon Treaty cannot come into force across the EU until all 27 countries have ratified it. Ireland was the only country which gave its voters a referendum.
The leaked document predicts that Ireland will cave in at a meeting of Europe's leaders next month, and agree to hold a second referendum next Autumn.

It was written by a senior EU official based in Paris who is a member of a group called Friends of the Lisbon Treaty.
The treaty creates an EU president, a foreign minister and establishes and EU diplomatic service. Britain went ahead with ratification, despite its rejection by Irish voters.
Shadow foreign secretary William Hague said: 'It cannot be right for the Irish to be made to vote twice on the renamed EU constitution before the British people are allowed to vote once.

'Gordon Brown has cheated British voters of their say, By denying people any decision on this treaty he is actually undermining the EU's own democratic legitimacy. The least he can do now is make it absolutely clear that there must be no bullying of Ireland to get them to vote again.

'The right response to the Irish "no" vote is to abandon the Lisbon treaty altogether and call a total halt to the centralisation of power in Brussels.'

Neil O'Brien, of Eurosceptic think-tank Open Europe, said: 'The EU simply won’t take no for answer. They will make Ireland vote again and again until they are bullied into coming up with the so-called "right" answer.

What was that you said again about the freedom to

govern yourselves.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: EvanB

It's the only option. Whilst there may well be a time that England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales decide that they want to go there separate ways - that time is not now.

So for now to carry on your analogy let's all row like hell in the same direction to get there in the best time and best shape. We can sort our differences and if needs be go in our own direction when we get there.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Don't be silly .... she was too busy organising her "photo shoot" to appear in the

media the day the letter was delivered. Almost an exact copy of an earlier

article and photo that was done of Margaret Thatcher, would you believe.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: shauny

You have no resources left..

This is about family

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

There is no true freedom, it's all an illusion really, but the illusion non the less has to convincing.

Real freedom would require a paradigm shift the likes of which humanity has yet to experience.

Non the less i would rather labor under the illusion of an independent Scotland than remain attached to Westminster rule from afar.
edit on 1-4-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
SGT MacKenzie, a Scotsman and British solier.. My family will drink to you tonight x[/url]
edit on 1-4-2017 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: EvanB

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join